What was up with the field last night?

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'll agree. Something is wrong with the turf. Look at the Oregon v. Auburn game for the championship. There were a lot of players that were slipping in that game and the field looked like it got torn up pretty easily. Add what we saw Saturday night (and now Toler's non-contact knee injury) and there may just be an issue with the field.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Both my son and I commented to each other over all the brown spots. It was especially bad on the Bud red zone side. Kemp on 1060AM has talked about this for the past week or so.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
:D
I think it's gonna take some time for the grass to get going. Looks like we have a few spots we didn't address in the offseason, friggin Graves. :madarms: I'm hoping the lawn gets it together, but I think it was counting on the lockout and unfortunately just let it's self go in some areas. I heard on Rotoworld that the Lawn said it was because it was too hot outside, quote "It's too hot outside, funk that."
I too, am worried as a fan, the lawn has been with us since 2006. I think the Lawn has a no trade clause from the way it acts so basically it needs to grow with the team or we are screwed, especially with happyfeet as our runningback.
Man, my writing is wasted in here sometimes! :D I thought it merited a "out of 5" judging at least...tough crowd.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's gonna take some time for the grass to get going. Looks like we have a few spots we didn't address in the offseason, friggin Graves. :madarms: I'm hoping the lawn gets it together, but I think it was counting on the lockout and unfortunately just let it's self go in some areas. I heard on Rotoworld that the Lawn said it was because it was too hot outside, quote "It's too hot outside, funk that."
I too, am worried as a fan, the lawn has been with us since 2006. I think the Lawn has a no trade clause from the way it acts so basically it needs to grow with the team or we are screwed, especially with happyfeet as our runningback.

Very clever Dawg. Thing is that it's like an amazing Fitz catch, they become kinda of expected so we don't always applaud them as we should.

4.5/5 Russian judge cost ya a bit.

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score

Keep in mind that it's preseason for the grass as well. It doesn't like to show it's real game plan until the regular season, so what we're seeing right now is pretty vanilla.

The Cardinals also got a new grounds crew, so the grass is still trying to take it all in. When asked about the poor performance of the grass, Assistant Crew Chief Frank Molina said that the grass is still pretty green and right now he just wants it to be a sponge and soak up what he has to offer.