What was up with the field last night?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It seemed the team was sliding all over the place; namely Wells and Peterson. I noticed there were a lot more divots all over the field--many more than I can ever recall seeing at a Cardinals home game.

Part of me thinks the condition of the grass last night was responsible for Toler's injury.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude Wells ALWAYS slips no matter what field he is on. You havent noticed that? Really?

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
That field was like a carpet! little turf divots dug up by cleats, but it felt like a green carpet.

Black T

Reaction score
Already said above, but Wells must wear tap shoes or something because that dude slips more than any player ive ever seen. Get some longer spikes on those cleats or something, everytime the dude goes to make a cut his feet go flying out from under him.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed that players OTHER than Wells were slipping, and that the field looked like crap. Even made a comment about it to dcr during the game.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The difference is Beanie ALWAYS slips.. Not just occasionally and it doesn't matter if it's turf or fake.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The difference is Beanie ALWAYS slips.. Not just occasionally and it doesn't matter if it's turf or fake.

The difference is NOT JUST Beanie was slipping last night. The turf was crap. Better be in nicer shape on the 11th.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The difference is NOT JUST Beanie was slipping last night. The turf was crap. Better be in nicer shape on the 11th.

It's YOUR home field. You should know it bett er than anyone. Make the right adjustments in cleat length etc... You are out there for warm ups figure it out. Call me crazy but there is a reason u of p has been voted best turf in the NFL by the players like 4 years running.

And again its hard to go e beanie a pass on slipping when its prstty much his status quo.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Beanie pushes the physics of football. He trying things that others can't do at his size and speed. well since Mr Brown and leroy kelly

link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6cCXNBeVfc&playnext=1&list=PL8680E3D6705A0DBE

Fact is the slippage helps avoid injuries, it gives not players knees like on astro and field turf.

feature RB, punt return champion leroy Kelly ( Son David is media at U of A)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtEac--WumI&feature=related

He remembers Jon(Gruden) wearing a No. 44 Browns jersey of his favorite player, Leroy Kelly, and “sliding around in the mud and bringing the mud inside the house.”

Me Too

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?PLAYER_ID=113

Leroy Kelly ... Eighth-round draft choice, 1964 ... 1,000-yard rusher first three years after becoming regular in 1966 ... Won NFL rushing titles, 1967, 1968 ... Two-time punt return champion: 1965 NFL, 1971 AFC ... All-NFL five years, named to six Pro Bowls ... Career stats: 7,274 yards rushing; 2,281 reception yards; 2,774 return yards; 12,330 combined yards; 90 touchdowns ...

Last edited:

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
It has been crap for quite a while now. I remember a lot of players slipping during the BCS national championship.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you--just for a second--pretend Beanie didn't even play Saturday?

Okay, now:

The field looked like ass & players were slipping & falling.

You want to start a thread about Beanie needing to work on something, fine--but that isn't what this thread's about.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
preseason grass
:D
I think it's gonna take some time for the grass to get going. Looks like we have a few spots we didn't address in the offseason, friggin Graves. :madarms: I'm hoping the lawn gets it together, but I think it was counting on the lockout and unfortunately just let it's self go in some areas. I heard on Rotoworld that the Lawn said it was because it was too hot outside, quote "It's too hot outside, funk that."
I too, am worried as a fan, the lawn has been with us since 2006. I think the Lawn has a no trade clause from the way it acts so basically it needs to grow with the team or we are screwed, especially with happyfeet as our runningback.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed that players OTHER than Wells were slipping, and that the field looked like crap. Even made a comment about it to dcr during the game.

Can you--just for a second--pretend Beanie didn't even play Saturday?

Okay, now:

The field looked like ass & players were slipping & falling.

You want to start a thread about Beanie needing to work on something, fine--but that isn't what this thread's about.

Not when it is a habitual problem of his and the OP references him specifically in original post and then you specifically capitalize OTHER to emphasize the point. Trying to mitigate his issues with it.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not when it is a habitual problem of his and the OP references him specifically in original post and then you specifically capitalize OTHER to emphasize the point. Trying to mitigate his issues with it.
Yeah, I capitalized "OTHER" because you are honing in on this being a BEANIE problem, and we're talking about a FIELD problem--not experienced solely by Wells.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I capitalized "OTHER" because you are honing in on this being a BEANIE problem, and we're talking about a FIELD problem--not experienced solely by Wells.

FINE.. YOU WIN!

See I can be non resistive. :D

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering because people on here were telling me not to be that disappointed if Cards don't beat Carolina. :dcr:

I have an extra ticket..fly in and its yours :)