What's Next?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word out of Suns front office is Suns value Hunter as a shot blocker, but D'Antoni doesn't want another year of frustration coaching him. The departure of Q, Hunter's best friend, probably was a signal to Hunter to go elsewhere.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about Hunter, Barbosa, and a pick (21?) to Chicago for Tyson Chandler in a sign and trade?

Mad Psyentist

Reaction score
JCSunsfan said:
Charlotte, Cleveland, New Orleans, Atlanta. That's 4 to start. Each of them could pay hunter in the 2.5 mil to 3 range, sign a max level FA, and another player. They all need bodies--young active bodies. Hunter fits the bill.

Wasn't Cleveland the one who waived Hunter in the first place so that we could sign him this past season?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JCSunsfan said:
How about Hunter, Barbosa, and a pick (21?) to Chicago for Tyson Chandler in a sign and trade?

Forget for a moment the Bulls wouldn't pull this deal based on talent. Don't believe you can do an S&T with a UFA. Further, you're essentially sending three players for one for a team that needs numbers more than it needs another player in the starting 5. Yet again, I don't believe Hunter, Barbosa and the 21st pick together would be enough salary to match whatever salary you'd be taking in return from Chandler. The three would be, what ... a little over $4.5 million (Hunter gets $2.5 based on what he's looking for). I think Chandler is in for about $6 mil +.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
Forget for a moment the Bulls wouldn't pull this deal based on talent. Don't believe you can do an S&T with a UFA. Further, you're essentially sending three players for one for a team that needs numbers more than it needs another player in the starting 5. Yet again, I don't believe Hunter, Barbosa and the 21st pick together would be enough salary to match whatever salary you'd be taking in return from Chandler. The three would be, what ... a little over $4.5 million (Hunter gets $2.5 based on what he's looking for). I think Chandler is in for about $6 mil +.

I believe you can do a sign and trade with an unrestricted free agent. I'm having trouble sleeping, but I really don't feel like looking at Larry Coon's site right now. I think the problem with this trade is that you would have each team signing and trading players (Hunter and Chandler) in the deal. I don't think that is allowed.

Joe Mama

HooverDam

Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Um, we need a backup center ourselves, right?

Well Im hoping we resign Hunter and have that covered. Jake is just too damned expensive for what he brings to the Suns.

I also think if the Suns draft Ike (or another big/PF type) they will be ok up front. They should probably also bring in a Donyell Marshall type of guy. If they got those two guys our front line could potentially be:

C Amare
PF KT
SF Marion

Bench:
C Hunter
PF Diogu
SF McCarty
F Marshall

Thats pretty good. It has a mix of scorers and defenders. Guys who can block and rebound (Hunter, KT), guys who can shoot (Marshall, McCarty,Marion), etc etc. Plus we would probably also have another Shirley type big deep on the bench.

The thing I worry about is now w/ out Q, do we have enough back court help?

SG JJ
PG Nash

bench:
SG JJax
Combo G- LB

Hopefully either the 2nd round pick or a FA can come in and play some G for us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05