Which of our picks are you the most excited about?

Most exciting prospect?

• Michael Floyd

Votes: 55 54.5%
  • Jamell Flemming

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Bobby Massie

Votes: 35 34.7%
  • Senio Kelemete

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Justin Bethel

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Ryan Lindley

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Nate Potter

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Massie, Potter, Floyd, Bethel, Fleming, Kelemete, and Lindley.

In that order.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I hope Massie fills what is a huge need for us.. but most excited about Michael Floyd -- with Fitz on the other side of the field, I think/hope he will be special!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Massie 1 Flemming 2 Floyd 3

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would love to say it was some sleeper in later rounds, but it's Floyd. He looks like he's gonna be an immediate impact. Massie is #2, I wanted him in the 3rd, but given that he's slid to us anyways, I love the choice of Fleming

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Sorry not to follow directions:

I love the fact that the Cards now can create two mismatches in the redone with Fitz n Floyd simply by putting each on opposite sides.

I love the fact that the team has added some young athleticism to the defensive backfield.

I love the fact that the team has added young depth on the offensive line.

Let's hope these guys can play.

FlaCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I chose Lindley. I'm hoping he's our Tom Brady but only time will tell. I think we are a quarterback away from doing some serious damage to this league!

seesred

Reaction score
IMO Floyd is nuimber 1 but Massie may be my personal 1. If he can play we could be much improved defending Kolb backside.

GBR

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
Aside from Floyd it would be Massie. But yeah Floyd is whom I'm most excited about looks like a beast, plays like a beast, will spread the field, remove coverage from Fitz, help the run game and make tough catches. Can't wait to see our new WR tandem.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The 3 offensive linemen as a group. The unit needs a major overhaul or at least more competition and depth.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Along with most other people it appears, I'm most excited about Floyd. I just keep thinking that if he can open up coverage for Fitz, Housler, Ryan Williams in the flats and with Beanie running, that we're going to, at the very least, extend drives much better and longer than we did last year, even with our questionable QB's. Notice, I'm not even talking about his attacking, ball-hawking style in the red-zone. I'm saying even if all we do is extend drives and give our D better field position than last year that our record will improve. Our time of possession also improves. Look at what our D did with crappy field position, with being on the field all game long, and imagine them making teams drive 80 yards instead of 50 or less and imagine them doing it when they're fresh and rested. 49ers led the league in their own field position and opposing field position and look what they accomplished, with basically the same team they had the year before. I think offensively we're much better than the 9ers, even with our QB questions, and if we can have similar field position to work and similar time of possession to work with then I'm very very hopeful.

I don't know much about our other draft choices other than what I've read on here, but overall I'm excited, perhaps moreso than any draft in recent memory. They addressed the line issues, in my opinion and to my satisfaction. At the very least there will be competition and the youth generated by getting these youngsters on the line can't be underestimated. They're hungry and mean and want Levi's and everyone elses job. That raises the level of everyone on our line in my opinion.

Some people used to get annoyed or irritated at Whis for always saying there will be competition, but it's times like this that that philosophy (and being consistent with it) pay off. Remember during camps when Dockett busted thru the line and tackled Leinart and everyone got all chippy? I want to see a lot of that this year. Last year and the year before everyone pretty much knew they had a job on our line because there was no one else, we knew what it would be. This year I want to see some dogs in the trenches blowing snot and spit and fighting and clawing for a starting job.

Floyd's gonna get some mentoring from Fitz and I think that's so rare, someone of his talent, to be mentored by a HOFer. He also gets to go against PP in camps some of the time and that'll be interesting with both their size and they're both young. It'll be interesting to see PP on Floyd and Fleming on Fitz. That will be fun!!

Also just want to say again you guys do a superb job during the draft, just excellent.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Floyd's gonna get some mentoring from Fitz and I think that's so rare, someone of his talent, to be mentored by a HOFer. He also gets to go against PP in camps some of the time and that'll be interesting with both their size and they're both young. It'll be interesting to see PP on Floyd and Fleming on Fitz. That will be fun!!
I believe he already has. I read Fitz met him while Floyd was in HS and they continued to stay in touch since. Which makes it that much more exciting that they already know eachother and can jump past the introduction/getting comfortable with eachother stage and get right into dismantling defensive backfields

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Had to go Floyd.

But really I'm excited about all of them.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I believe he already has. I read Fitz met him while Floyd was in HS and they continued to stay in touch since. Which makes it that much more exciting that they already know eachother and can jump past the introduction/getting comfortable with eachother stage and get right into dismantling defensive backfields

Can't overstate the value of someone like Fitz (and I don't think there is anyone like Fitz). You hear people make jokes about him acting like the GM or having influence, but if he can mentor this kid into greatness that's giving something to our franchise for years after he's gone. That's a legacy that goes beyond his HOF career.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can't overstate the value of someone like Fitz (and I don't think there is anyone like Fitz). You hear people make jokes about him acting like the GM or having influence, but if he can mentor this kid into greatness that's giving something to our franchise for years after he's gone. That's a legacy that goes beyond his HOF career.
agreed. Not to mention that he's super cool to all the fans, never get's in trouble, he's just all around class. Not to mention one of the most talented, hardest working athletes in the world

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Seriously ?

The only pick I have any reservation with is our first round pick.

The rest are really great picks.

**** I am coming around with Michael Floyd. The later rounds in the draft kinda make picking Floyd a little better for me, and that being said, I hope to be very wrong about Floyd. As I said I am warming up to him.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Bleacher Report gives us a B

Though they whiffed and forgot we drafted Justin Bethel.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-grades-full-draft-results-report-card/page/2

When will we stop quoting Bleacher Report as a source? Quoting Bleacher Report is pretty much saying "Some 14 year old kid from Jersey gave us a B". It is a bunch of fan generated content organized in slideshows to increase the number of page views. I really value their opinion given they could not even come up with a correct list of who we drafted.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
agreed. Not to mention that he's super cool to all the fans, never get's in trouble, he's just all around class. Not to mention one of the most talented, hardest working athletes in the world

Weird thing is, I think it was few (4-5) years back, I was telling the wife there's just no way someone is that good, that nice, that talented, that hard working, someone who cares about his teammates, someone who is all that. No way. Gotta be fake. Forget TD's and yards and what he did in '08, there's lots of good players and many great players. Then you see him doing amazing amazing amazing things for his team over and over and over again. Diving to make one-handed catches for first downs when we as a team aren't going anywhere. Making extraordinary catches for crappy QB's (he had freaking Max Hall throwing to him fellas), giving his TD ball to Bartell, knowing it was his first NFL TD. Informing the coaches that Beanie is close to the record and telling them to run it (when they had no business at all running that ball, knee was called for). I can't even list all of the moments. Always knew he was special, doesn't take a genius to see that on the football field, but we always talk about intangibles and things like that and Fitzgerald in my opinion is the best FOOTBALL PLAYER in the NFL.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seriously ?

The only pick I have any reservation with is our first round pick.

The rest are really great picks.

**** I am coming around with Michael Floyd. The later rounds in the draft kinda make picking Floyd a little better for me, and that being said, I hope to be very wrong about Floyd. As I said I am warming up to him.
really? I think Floyd will protect our QB more than any OL we could have taken with that pick (indirectly of course. He will provide another talented target, the D will have to drop more into coverage and not be able to blitz as much, he can block. I think it was the ideal pick at #13)
When will we stop quoting Bleacher Report as a source? Quoting Bleacher Report is pretty much saying "Some 14 year old kid from Jersey gave us a B". It is a bunch of fan generated content. I really value their opinion given they could not even come up with a correct list of who we drafted.
while I agree about bleacher report. Aren't all sports reporters fans voicing their opinions as well?

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When will we stop quoting Bleacher Report as a source? Quoting Bleacher Report is pretty much saying "Some 14 year old kid from Jersey gave us a B". It is a bunch of fan generated content organized in slideshows to increase the number of page views. I really value their opinion given they could not even come up with a correct list of who we drafted.

Not getting who we drafted right is a sin, I agree. But the rest of it about fan-generated content and everyone's objections to that is a joke. What do you think this forum is? How would you feel if I recommended this site and someone said it's just a forum of fan-generated BS, any 15-year old can post there? It's a ridiculous argument and one that everyone makes.

The problem with Bleacher is not that it's fan-generated. Fans generate all of the content on this site. The problem is Bleacher has inadequate screening of content and no ability for other fans to correct errors. At least on here, if something gets posted that is wrong, we all know it gets corrected within the hour. I've posted bad information on here before and I have 20 dudes with stats and links and sheets of sh*t to correct my error within 30 freaking minutes. LOL. We've all experienced that. And frankly it's a great thing. But let's not rip on Bleacher for what it's attempting to achieve, and frankly failed to achieve. Ripping on them for being fan generated is counterproductive to what we all do here frankly.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
really? I think Floyd will protect our QB more than any OL we could have taken with that pick (indirectly of course. He will provide another talented target, the D will have to drop more into coverage and not be able to blitz as much, he can block. I think it was the ideal pick at #13)

I did say I was warming up to it. Don't know why I don't like the Floyd. Just a feeling, so in other words for no good reason. Just might be a diva, headcase is all. But, from what I read, etc., etc. I am probably very wrong.....which is a good thing!
:D