Whinning, Handchecking, Floppers

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
That's all the Spurs do. As soon as the Suns get any momentum they start their handchecking and flopping and the refs give them the calls. Ginobli is the new Vlade and Duncan/Poppovich have a counsel meeting with the refs every time they don't like a call.

Are the refs in Pops back pocket. Do they adore Duncan that much.

Why is it when Marion plays Ginobli physical he always gets a quick call on him.

And why don't the Suns play that physical, hand check, up on the player, don't give him any space defense??

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
JPlay said:
That's all the Spurs do. As soon as the Suns get any momentum they start their handchecking and flopping and the refs give them the calls. Ginobli is the new Vlade and Duncan/Poppovich have a counsel meeting with the refs every time they don't like a call.

Are the refs in Pops back pocket. Do they adore Duncan that much.

Why is it when Marion plays Ginobli physical he always gets a quick call on him.

And why don't the Suns play that physical, hand check, up on the player, don't give him any space defense??

Because I believe they feel it will hinder then in the overall scheme of their offense.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Jeez! What is it with the refs on this board? For years the Lakers got all the calls and now it is the Spurs? Pretty weak.

jibikao

Reaction score
Because Spurs is known for its defense so they can get away with many physical things. Like grabbing Hunter's feet when Mohammed was laying down, Parker holding on Hunter's body so he couldn't jump to stop Duncan...

Man, somebody need to show the tape to the refs. They don't know what they are missing.

But now the Spurs fans are calling out Nash because they think Nash carries the ball all the time. I guess they haven't seen Allen Iversion then...

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
Jeez! What is it with the refs on this board? For years the Lakers got all the calls and now it is the Spurs? Pretty weak.

If you'll notice this isn't like a couple years ago against the Lakers were even San Antonio. There are a few people complaining about the referees, but that is normal on any NBA message board. Most of us are conceding that the San Antonio Spurs won the first two games because they played better and have been the better team.

Joe Mama

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
If you'll notice this isn't like a couple years ago against the Lakers were even San Antonio. There are a few people complaining about the referees, but that is normal on any NBA message board. Most of us are conceding that the San Antonio Spurs won the first two games because they played better and have been the better team.

Joe Mama

Hey Joe, you must have missed the game. As a seasoned fan, I know when a game was poorly called. Your commets above are generic and provide no basis for me to understand how the game could be called so poorly.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
JPlay said:
That's all the Spurs do.

:biglaugh:

All the Spurs do is win. Stop making ridiculous excuses...the Spurs are a class organization with classy players. I agree on one point...if Ginobili is not on your team you hate him with a passion, but if he is on your team, he is one of your favorite players.

The Suns are a very very good team but just like the old Nash/Mav teams, they have to play defense to win a championship. When the Spurs really need a stop...they get it.

jibikao

Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
:biglaugh:

All the Spurs do is win. Stop making ridiculous excuses...the Spurs are a class organization with classy players. I agree on one point...if Ginobili is not on your team you hate him with a passion, but if he is on your team, he is one of your favorite players.

The Suns are a very very good team but just like the old Nash/Mav teams, they have to play defense to win a championship. When the Spurs really need a stop...they get it.

Are you a Spurs fan? Go read here. It shows how classy Spurs fans are: http://www.spursreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=524066#post524066

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

jibikao

Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
Yes, I am a Spurs fan. I said the team and the players are classy...of course you have stupid fans...just like the Suns and every other team. If the Suns had gone up 2-0, there would have been alot of trash talking the other way too.

Maybe you should go through the threads here. Not saying we are the most classy fans but we don't start a thread to insult EVERY quote the opponent says, EVERY ugly picture, and basically everything you guys can think of to insult/trash the other team.

Actually, I don't think I am a classy guy when it comes to competition. But I never claim "we have class". I don't have class and you don't either. So don't put "gold" on your face. That's the whole point.

And I guess you should do a search on "Sonics" on that board. Man, there are a lot of CLASSY threads about that series. It really shows how classy Spurs fans are.

And by the way, have you read any article about Suns complaining the fouls/refs? If you read the post game comments, I rarely hear Nash/D'Antoni or any Suns players to trash other teams. But we don't claim we are "classy". All I read are praises on Spurs.

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Maybe you should go through the threads here. Not saying we are the most classy fans but we don't start a thread to insult EVERY quote the opponent says, EVERY ugly picture, and basically everything you guys can think of to insult/trash the other team.

Actually, I don't think I am a classy guy when it comes to competition. But I never claim "we have class". I don't have class and you don't either. So don't put "gold" on your face. That's the whole point.

And I guess you should do a search on "Sonics" on that board. Man, there are a lot of CLASSY threads about that series. It really shows how classy Spurs fans are.

What are you talking about? I never said I was classy, Spurs fans were classy, or that Suns fans were not classy!

I said the Spurs organization and the players are classy. I also said that every team has stupid (not classy) fans.

Step away from the coffee or change to decaf.

jibikao

Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
What are you talking about? I never said I was classy, Spurs fans were classy, or that Suns fans were not classy!

I said the Spurs organization and the players are classy. I also said that every team has stupid (not classy) fans.

Step away from the coffee or change to decaf.

And I guess Suns players and organization have no class. Dude, you don't have to come here and claim how CLASSY Spurs organization and the players are. They will gain their respect when they show it.

And quite frankly, being classy or not, I want a WIN more than anything else. If hard foul, flops can take us to the Final, let's do it. If Spurs can do it, so can we.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
And I guess Suns players and organization have no class. Dude, you don't have to come here and claim how CLASSY Spurs organization and the players are. They will gain their respect when they show it.

And quite frankly, being classy or not, I want a WIN more than anything else. If hard foul, flops can take us to the Final, let's do it. If Spurs can do it, so can we.

I think you have lost yourself. It is possible to complement an organization without being critical of their opponents. Neither team has complained to the media about the officiating. It hasn't been that bad either way, but neither of these teams would do it anyways. I think both teams have been incredibly classy.

Joe Mama

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
jibikao said:
And I guess Suns players and organization have no class..

Must be your guess since I didn't say it.

jibikao said:
Dude, you don't have to come here and claim how CLASSY Spurs organization and the players are.

Check the title and first post of this thread...and you might understand my statement.

If not, nevermind. :shrug:

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Spurs are just the flat out better team right now. They are the agressors and are putting the owness on the refs to make calls, usually in their favor. Suns get some favorable calls too, but they are not consistently attacking on both ends of the floor the way the Spurs do. They don't stop, they don't let up on either end. That has an impact on the way refs officate the game. Bottom line is the Spurs have done whatever it takes to win, Suns haven't.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TheCardFan - go through the threads here, but don't go too far back. If you do, you might read some threads in which jibikao is praising his team, the Mavericks. Then, as the Suns did beter and better, he dropped the Mavs for the Suns. :rolleyes:

jibikao

Reaction score
Big D said:
Spurs are just the flat out better team right now. They are the agressors and are putting the owness on the refs to make calls, usually in their favor. Suns get some favorable calls too, but they are not consistently attacking on both ends of the floor the way the Spurs do. They don't stop, they don't let up on either end. That has an impact on the way refs officate the game. Bottom line is the Spurs have done whatever it takes to win, Suns haven't.

Start teaching Suns players to hack the damn ball when they drive in. Don't just let them LAY it in.

We don't have fast break game now. I don't know why fouling would affect the "pace" of the game. There was no pace to begin with.

jibikao

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
TheCardFan - go through the threads here, but don't go too far back. If you do, you might read some threads in which jibikao is praising his team, the Mavericks. Then, as the Suns did beter and better, he dropped the Mavs for the Suns. :rolleyes:

Nice one. I still like Mavs but I like Suns better. :)

I would cheer for Mavs if they beat Suns in WCF but too bad Suns beat Mavs.

And I am sorry that I am only allowed to like ONE team. I didn't know that's the rule to join this forum.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
And I am sorry that I am only allowed to like ONE team. I didn't know that's the rule to join this forum.

It's not a rule, it's just annoying.

Being a Cardinals fan, I've seen way too much of that attitude. "Man, the Cards lost big today...but at least my other team, the Dolphins, won!!" :rolleyes:

Pick a team and support it 100%. It's about loyalty. :shrug:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

Being a Cardinals fan, I've seen way too much of that attitude. "Man, the Cards lost big today...but at least my other team, the Dolphins, won!!" :rolleyes:

oh, give me a break. That's just ridiculous. There's no problem whatsoever with liking more than one team. Usually there's one they like a little more than the others, but that doesn't mean they can't support the other teams they follow. There's no reason to be annoyed by it.

Joe Mama

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
oh, give me a break. That's just ridiculous. There's no problem whatsoever with liking more than one team. Usually there's one they like a little more than the others, but that doesn't mean they can't support the other teams they follow. There's no reason to be annoyed by it.

Joe Mama

People have different opinions on this, but if you are all for divided loyalty, that's fine by me. Just don't talk like you're a huge diehard fan if you've got love for another team, ala the Mavs.

When I say I'm a Lakers fan (or bring up the team I support in another sport) you can take it to the bank. I don't own jerseys/shirts of multiple franchises, etc. I know people who do and it's just ridiculous.

Plenty of people pull for one team or another in a series, but are not fans of those teams. That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the "I'm a Mavs fan, except when they play my Suns." (and vice versa). :|

Just a pet peeve. I know Card Trader and some others on the board share my opinion.

I really got fed up with it years ago when I'd call into Jeff Kennedy's show to argue on air with NEM, because he'd go on and say I'm a New England fan and an Arizona fan...and then he'd proceed to rip the Cards, never saying anything positive about them.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

I like several teams in many sports.

Maybe it is because I am a fan of the game being played instead of one particular team.

P.S. The refs have blown calls on both sides. That is just an easier pill to swallow when you are winning.

OP
OP
JPlay

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Dude everybody I know, AZ and non-AZ fans hate the Spurs. They don't like the flopping and complaining.

Pops cries about every call. Ginobli acts like he got flagrantly fouled everytime a strong breeze hits him.

They got something waiting for them if they meet up with Detroit. A team that plays just as physical and dirty as they do.

And What ever happened to no hand checking. Parker rides Nashes hip all game and doesn't get called.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
I like several teams in many sports.

Maybe it is because I am a fan of the game being played instead of one particular team.

That's cool. You're admittedly a casual fan. I'm mostly annoyed by the fans who will go on and on about being a diehard, but really aren't.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I like players and I like watching games, but I am a Suns fan first and foremost. Football is similar, I like players and I like watching the games and until recently, I've never had a "favorite" team. (I'm jumping on the Cardinal bandwagon right now)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan