Whinning, Handchecking, Floppers

jibikao

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
People have different opinions on this, but if you are all for divided loyalty, that's fine by me. Just don't talk like you're a huge diehard fan if you've got love for another team, ala the Mavs.

When I say I'm a Lakers fan (or bring up the team I support in another sport) you can take it to the bank. I don't own jerseys/shirts of multiple franchises, etc. I know people who do and it's just ridiculous.

Plenty of people pull for one team or another in a series, but are not fans of those teams. That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the "I'm a Mavs fan, except when they play my Suns." (and vice versa). :|

Just a pet peeve. I know Card Trader and some others on the board share my opinion.

I really got fed up with it years ago when I'd call into Jeff Kennedy's show to argue on air with NEM, because he'd go on and say I'm a New England fan and an Arizona fan...and then he'd proceed to rip the Cards, never saying anything positive about them.

Did you even read my posts when Suns VS Mavs?

It seems the ONLY time you post is to try to make fun of me. I was 100% cheering for Suns to beat Mavs in Semi-final. I do like Mavs MORE THAN Spurs if that's what's bothering you.

And I am sorry I fail to show you how I divide my love towards Suns and Mavs. You were asking me if it's 51% Suns or 49% Mavs. How should I answer this question? You tell me. What I can tell you is I root EVERYTHING against Spurs. If that's the answer you are looking for.

Some people follow teams, some people follow players and some people follow the trend. I don't follow teams that much because there is no HOME team in my area. There was Grizzily in Vancouver but they've moved already. Now, I just follow Nash and his fast-ball games and am really enjoying Suns this season. They ARE the superior version of Mavs' fast-ball and thus I have higher expectation of them.

Just because I am different from you, doesn't mean you can keep insulting me on any chace you have. If that's what hard-core fans are all about, then count me out. I love Suns but not crazy enough to insult ANY body else that doesn't devote their whole life to a team.

And if you enjoy Spurs fans coming here to talk BS. Let it be. Afterall, we are the losing one and it seems NOT to bother you AT ALL.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Dude everybody I know, AZ and non-AZ fans hate the Spurs. They don't like the flopping and complaining.

Pops cries about every call. Ginobli acts like he got flagrantly fouled everytime a strong breeze hits him.

They got something waiting for them if they meet up with Detroit. A team that plays just as physical and dirty as they do.

And What ever happened to no hand checking. Parker rides Nashes hip all game and doesn't get called.

I think Ginobilli is an incredible player. He is quite an actor though. When I watched Game 1 thoroughly yesterday I counted 3 times he went to the line (five free throws) that were just completely bogus. Two of those times he was literally not even touched. I would still love to have him on the Phoenix Suns.

Pops doesn't cry about the calls anymore than most coaches.

Joe Mama

jibikao

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
That's cool. You're admittedly a casual fan. I'm mostly annoyed by the fans who will go on and on about being a diehard, but really aren't.

Dude, why does EVERYONE have to post a message to show HOW MUCH they love Suns in order to get YOUR APPROVAL? Who are you to judge everybody?

Maybe we should start a thread and STATE how much I love Suns.

Is it 90% love? 51% love? Or none.

By the way, you don't seem to be bothered by the fact that Suns lost two games in a row. YOu seem to focus on me more than anything else. If that makes you happy...

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Dude, why does EVERYONE have to post a message to show HOW MUCH they love Suns in order to get YOUR APPROVAL? Who are you to judge everybody?

Maybe we should start a thread and STATE how much I love Suns.

Is it 90% love? 51% love? Or none.

By the way, you don't seem to be bothered by the fact that Suns lost two games in a row. YOu seem to focus on me more than anything else. If that makes you happy...

he's a Lakers fan.

Joe

OP
OP
JPlay

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I think Ginobilli is an incredible player. He is quite an actor though. When I watched Game 1 thoroughly yesterday I counted 3 times he went to the line (five free throws) that were just completely bogus. Two of those times he was literally not even touched. I would still love to have him on the Phoenix Suns.

Pops doesn't cry about the calls anymore than most coaches.

Joe Mama

Yeah he does. He pratically had a conference with the refs when Duncan got his 5th. He also had another conference with all of the refs during another point in the game. I also think D'Antoni doesn't get a lot of respect yet.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I like players and I like watching games, but I am a Suns fan first and foremost. Football is similar, I like players and I like watching the games and until recently, I've never had a "favorite" team. (I'm jumping on the Cardinal bandwagon right now)

I can relate to that. When I moved here from Cali, the Suns were the only game in town, besides the Phoenix Giants minor league baseball or ASU.

Since I was already a diehard Lakers fan, I saw no need to jump onto the Suns (who weren't that far removed from being in the Finals back then). All of my family lived here, so they were all Suns fans, including my Grandma who was at the first "Gorilla" game, etc.

I guess the reason I am such an extreme diehard is because my family tried for years to get me to switch or at least split my loyalty. They finally accepted that I'm not switching sides.

Heck, I saw tons of games at the Madhouse on McDowell. Great games. Alvin Adams, Sweet D, Truck Robinson, DJ (pre-Celtics), Nance, etc. I just wasn't a Suns fan. I was a Lakers fan watching the games. Sometimes I pulled for the Suns, other times I pulled for Portland, or whoever else was playing them...usually I leaned toward whatever result would improve my team's place in the standings. (Thankfully, it usually didn't matter in the 80's :D )

In football, I was a casual Rams fan but never felt really strong about them. Loved football though. Was a huge ASU fan/Wranglers fan. Went to the NFL preseason game between the Packers/Broncos the year before the Cards came. Was hooked. Diehard Cards fan from the day it was announced they were moving here.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Yeah he does. He pratically had a conference with the refs when Duncan got his 5th. He also had another conference with all of the refs during another point in the game. I also think D'Antoni doesn't get a lot of respect yet.

Mike D was screaming A LOT in the previous 2 games though. I don't mind it, but you gotta keep an open mind on this thing.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
he's a Lakers fan.

Joe

:thumbup:

One that wishes you guys were doing better in the series. Hate the Spurs. Hate Detroit. If you guys get knocked out, I've got to hope Miami comes back to win it all. :D

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Mike D was screaming A LOT in the previous 2 games though. I don't mind it, but you gotta keep an open mind on this thing.

yeah, I'm not sure he was screaming any more than any regular NBA coach. However when he was doing it he was really going off. I couldn't believe he didn't get a technical couple times.

Joe Mama

jibikao

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
You're likely the only person on here that DIDN'T know that. :doi:

:D

I am sorry. I don't pay much attention to you if that's what you are seeking.

jibikao

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
:thumbup:

One that wishes you guys were doing better in the series. Hate the Spurs. Hate Detroit. If you guys get knocked out, I've got to hope Miami comes back to win it all. :D

Heat won't pass Pistons. But of course you can cheer for Heat. :)

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call myself a casual fan. I have stuck close to the Suns in the recent lean years. I only own Cardinal and Suns gear.

However, I love the NBA as a whole. So maybe I don't fit what you were talking about anyway.

The short of it...I will watch any NBA game, but my Suns always come first.

fordronken

Reaction score
This is the problem, I think, with D'Antoni's "don't foul at all" mentality. While it makes sense for the team, I think the refs start looking at them as a soft team and not giving them the benefit on what they percieve as close calls.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
CardNots said:
Hey Joe, you must have missed the game. As a seasoned fan, I know when a game was poorly called. Your commets above are generic and provide no basis for me to understand how the game could be called so poorly.

you're crazy. the suns were flat out out-played last night in the fourth. same as in the first game. duncan had 5 fouls. that rarely happens. the calls were for the most part even. let's not become kings fans. blaming the refs is lame.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan