Who is the best DT in the draft?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Loyal Card 17
kings of cards.

you ask for people opinions, and then you tell them they don't know what they are talking about. your an absolute moron. dessert or desert. who gives a crap. so tell me oh great one. who the best defensive lineman in the draft, oh great scout guru. do you look at mel kiper jr. draft report, or do go around the all the colleges watching every single player who going to enter the draft. if weight is your biggest concern on a player then your a bigger moron than i gave you credit for.

:biglaugh: Thank you. I needed that.

Do you really believe a player will drop 25lbs in the first scrimmage because the Flagstaff "dessert" is so unforgiving?

:biglaugh:

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JHall
Best motor: Lavalais, LSU

Most athletic: Sopoago, Hawaii

Best prospect: Harris, Oklahoma

Maybe you should look east of the Mississippi River and watch the Orange Bowl tape. The 3 you mentioned are slackers compared to VINCE WILFORK.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by wallyburger
Maybe you should look east of the Mississippi River and watch the Orange Bowl tape. The 3 you mentioned are slackers compared to VINCE WILFORK.

He is the one on Miami right? He was awesome yesterday.

A true Warren Sapp clone as far as ability. But then again they did show clips of wadsworth and talked about how great he was......Remided me why I dont watch college very often lol

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I would agree that there are 5 players in the draft better than Will Smith. The problem with trading down is you risk losing an impact player who can be productive in year one (see last season's draft). The rule is that you usually take a franchise player with the top 3 picks or you trade down. The problem is that no one has much to give if you go down and this draft drops off quickly.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Wilfork

Originally posted by wallyburger

He was awesome last night.

His weight is the only thing that concerns me....but it hasn't seemed to hamper Big (yet he has a few inches on Wilfork).

I haven't seen that much of Harris....will watch him Sunday......right now if we don't draft Big Ben or Eli I say Wilfork or Harris.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by swd1974
He is the one on Miami right? He was awesome yesterday.

A true Warren Sapp clone as far as ability. But then again they did show clips of wadsworth and talked about how great he was......Remided me why I dont watch college very often lol

Wadsworth would have been a Hall of Famer, IMO. He had it all...including bad knees.

Nobody can predict those injuries.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rats
Could Gamble or Vasher be had with our 2nd pick? We could take care of some serious needs with Wilfork 1 and Gamble 2 or Harris 1 and Vasher 2.

Gamble won't be there in the 2nd, but Vasher might. I've seen a couple of mocks where he'staken after we select in the 2nd.

I beleive very strongly that we SHOULD NOT take a DT in the first, and I beleive just as strongly that we SHOULD take a CB in the second.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
Gamble won't be there in the 2nd, but Vasher might. I've seen a couple of mocks where he'staken after we select in the 2nd.

I beleive very strongly that we SHOULD NOT take a DT in the first, and I beleive just as strongly that we SHOULD take a CB in the second.

Yeah, Vasher would be an OUTSTANDING pick. I'd almost want to trade down and pick up DeAngelo Hall, and pick up a second guy like Vasher or whoever is best available.

Is Starks back for a final year?

I have no qualms about Barret and Hill as 3 and 4 guys, and if Starks is there we'd have some veteran presense.

I do like Vince Wilfork and Tommie Harris though.

Since I don't really like Big Ben much, I'm more of a proponent of trading down (not getting screwed over this time, hopefully) or taking a WR like Williams (I know we are stacked there, but Williams can fly and we need that.) Then find CBs all day long.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by D-Dogg
Is Starks back for a final year?

Then find CBs all day long.

I believe Starks signed a five year contract. You and I are on the same page with DBs. If we can't trade down I would seriously consider Sean Taylor.