Who is the most overrated Cardinal?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Hope I am wrong, But I am going to pick Hayes and King in a close second.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Frankly, not many Cards are rated that high to be overrated (by the national media, at least).

I'd have to go with Fitzgerald because he's quite the superstar he was billed to be. Hopefully that will change this year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Grand Canon said:
Hasnt done squat and everybody is on his jock

:confused: No one's on his jock. Post a poll of "Who do you think should start Sunday," and Shipp will win 80-20 on his board, guaranteed.

On this board?

1. Marcel Shipp
2. Reggie Wells
3. Gerald Hayes
4. Kenny King
5. Anquan Boldin (he's good--really good, but just not as good as a lot of people here think)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
1)Leonard Davis.

He has done nothing to live up to his billing on draft day. He is an average NFL Left OT but for a pick as high as he was he should be dominant.

2)Robert Griffith.

His veteran leadership may help but I don't think he is a great performer on the field and hasn't been for years.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Zeno said:
2)Robert Griffith.

His veteran leadership may help but I don't think he is a great performer on the field and hasn't been for years.

Ranked 2nd in tackles for all S's and CB's. I say he performed pretty well last year.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Ranked 2nd in tackles for all S's and CB's. I say he performed pretty well last year.

How many INTs? How many forced fumbles? How many of those tackles were after he was beaten by his man? I never said the man couldn't tackle I just don't think he is as good as many make him out to be.

doctor

Registered
Reaction score
hands down leonard davis..... to be drafted 2nd in the draft he comes up way short. look at jon ogden 3rd overall, orlando pace 1st overall,walter jones i believe 10th overall...... he's not even close

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Zeno said:
How many INTs? How many forced fumbles? How many of those tackles were after he was beaten by his man? I never said the man couldn't tackle I just don't think he is as good as many make him out to be.

He was also apart of a 5th ranked Pass D that had an only average pass rush. Griffith was a big part of that.

I dont think he gets enough credit.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
This thread sucks. My over-rated vote goes goes to our new RT...at least so far...lets see if he can "carry his water".

Skkorpion said:
1. Leonard Davis
2. Kurt Warner

1. I will give Big this year to play to Pro-Bowl level before I would consider him in the "bust" category; overrated really is different.

2. My perception of Warner so far; heart of a lion, makes reads like the MVP he his, throws an accurate ball a majority of the time, looks like he has a problem gripping the ball sometimes.

Last edited:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Dockett, he's simply not as good as people on this board think. Oliver Ross also, dominating run-blocker we barely run to his side!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
:confused: No one's on his jock. Post a poll of "Who do you think should start Sunday," and Shipp will win 80-20 on his board, guaranteed.

On this board?

1. Marcel Shipp
2. Reggie Wells
3. Gerald Hayes
4. Kenny King
5. Anquan Boldin (he's good--really good, but just not as good as a lot of people here think)

Wow! If you are going on what this board says then I agree with that list. But Big must be included on it, he is not dominating AT ALL. And you can add Josh McCown too! He is the slowest QB at reading a defense EVER!!!!!

Shipp is not as good as MANY on this board think. I personally think he is a very good running back who has not been given a change to be a starter. I think he can start in this league but not be an elite back.

Boldin.......well there is no way any player could every hit the expectations that we hold for this man on this board. Forgive me Boldin. But he is extremely good, and will be a pro bowler again.

Peace
:thumbup:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Kurt warner - easy. Some on this board and in the media act like we got the MVP Warner from 2000, what we really have is the oft injured version of 2005. Combine that with the massive overrating of the position and this isn't really even close

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Hands down...JJ Arrington..simply because he had 1 good run this preseason..and too many fumbles..and his average stinks! That said..it's only preseason and I think he will go on to good things..but based on performance/vs. hype it's got to be JJ...

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Big

Leonard Davis for sure. IIRC we needed defensive help badly that year and took him 2nd overall because he was such a "can't miss" pick, a franchise LT in the mold of the Orlando Pace or Jonathon Ogden. He definately has not lived up to expectations.

Who were some of the defensive players we passed on that year with the second overall pick?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05