Who will the Suns draft at #13?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Ross would be ideal. I'd probably prefer Lamb over Kendall Marshall because I'd like a player like Goran Dragic, via Free Agency... but that's just me.

I'd rather have Ross than Lamb too.

but not high on either. I'd be happy if we ended up with Ross and Marshall maybe..

I'd probably be more excited about picking up Tony Wroten and Quincy Miller at the end of the first round than either Lamb or Ross at #13.

The real mistake is that the Suns won't trade up to get someone who can be a long term starter Barnes or maybe Waiters. Or someone that could turn this franchise around like Drummond.

I can't believe that this team is likely not going to attempt to get Drummond if he falls out of the top 6 as predicted. smh

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not big on either Lamb or Ross either. We need someone who will attack the basket. Lamb's stock has fallen in the last week. I still like Marshall for his PG skills, but I wish the Suns could get another pick to get him. I've warmed up a bit to Waiters but now it looks like he'll almost certainly be gone and so will be Rivers.

My draft board would probably look something like this now (excluding Davis/Robinson/Gilchrist/Beal/Barnes/Drummond and Lillard)

01. Dion Waiters
02. Austin Rivers
03. Kendall Marshall

04. Terrance Ross
05. Jeremy Lamb

I might pass on both Ross and Lamb. And I would not take Moultrie over Marshall.

Last edited:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Yes. Moultrie can do one proven thing that translates to the NBA... rebound. Also he has tremendous upside in improving his game including defense because he is athletic. I'm not seeing the same upside with Marshall.

Moultrie = BUST Dude is going to get pushed around off the block and never see a rebound in his life.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Moultrie = BUST Dude is going to get pushed around off the block and never see a rebound in his life.

You realize he's 250 pounds and averaged more rebounds than the Brow, right?

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score

And he isn't very athletic, and isn't very smart on the court to make up for that. Not to mention the time he threw his team under the bus. I'll pass on this bust all day.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score

And he isn't very athletic and isn't very smart on the court to make up for that. Not to mention the time he threw his team under the bus. I'll pass on this bust all day.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem with drafting for talent rather than need is that you end up with a player that gets buried on the bench and not developed. Thats what happened with Derek Williams behind Love and Gortat behind Dwight Howard.

I am ok with drafting for talent, but then adjust your roster to develop that talent.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The problem with drafting for talent rather than need is that you end up with a player that gets buried on the bench and not developed. Thats what happened with Derek Williams behind Love and Gortat behind Dwight Howard.

I am ok with drafting for talent, but then adjust your roster to develop that talent.

Luckily we have zero starting talent outside of Gortat, so we have plenty of opportunity to develop at any position outside of C.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luckily we have zero starting talent outside of Gortat, so we have plenty of opportunity to develop at any position outside of C.

So true except for role players and perhaps Nash.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Gortat is limited I wouldn't really call him a reason not to draft a talented center if there is one.

I'd be fine drafting a center as well, and I think Gortat can play PF too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gortat is limited I wouldn't really call him a reason not to draft a talented center if there is one.

Also the Suns are unlikely to pay Lopez if another teams gives him any substantial contract offer. Another reason to go big in the draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like the local media is really pushing Kendall Marshall as the 13th pick for the Suns. Maybe it might be for the best if the Suns are unsure of who to draft which seems to be the case.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I'd be fine drafting a center as well, and I think Gortat can play PF too.

I don't his feet are not quick enough to guard PFs and his perimeter game is not refined enough. Yes he can ocassionally knockdown midrange jumpers but that is it.

He can't put the ball on the floor and blow by a defender.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05