Why Carolina will win. Period.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I remember a time when the Chiefs were undefeated at home during the regular season and they had home field throughout the playoffs and got bounced from the playoffs.

It does happen.

All you can ask for is a chance to be in the dance and lucky for us we have a card.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Actually the key. To this game is to play exactly like they did In the first game, only without the stupid turnovers and trick plays instead of sure points.

Those we can possibly live with, not tackling and going for the highlight killshot not so much.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like you.
Thank you!

It's going to be a damn good game, methinks. (I know, I went out on a limb with that one).

I like playing Carolina; for whatever reason, they don't scare the crap out of me--just feels like a great matchup.

I'm stoked.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Thing is, they're really NOT anything like the Saints. The Cards use the pass like a run game--shorter, higher-percentage routes--to control the clock. And, Fitz and Boldin are perfectly suited for that kind of offense--they're bigger and stronger than any other pair of WRs in the NFL.

That's not to say Carolina can't stop them. Maybe they can, but I don't think you can hold up the Saints game as a reason why.

And Brees still almost threw 400 yards in the last game. The Panthers won it on a final seconds FG

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Thank you!

It's going to be a damn good game, methinks. (I know, I went out on a limb with that one).

I like playing Carolina; for whatever reason, they don't scare the crap out of me--just feels like a great matchup.

I'm stoked.

It will be a great game. I'm just happy we have 2 extra ones this season. :)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why Bother to Play the Game?

1. In a word or two: Jets vs. Colts.

2. The oblong ball tends to bounce funny.

3. Refs have been known to do weird things.

4. Injuries.

5. Weather.

6. The Talent + Discipline factor*

* I happen to believe deep in my heart that the Cardinals are physically more talented than the Panthers. But I also believe the Panthers are a more mature, disciplined and mistake-free football team than the Cardinals and that, if trends were to continue, it would be enough for them to beat us. But you never know - If the Cardinals can somehow play mistake-free football, there's no reason we can't win it.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I stand by the above once again.

The guy scares the living crap out of me.

However, DCR is a much better cover on him than Green or Hood were.

We MUST take the tackling from the Atlanta game on the road with us. Disciplined, stay in your gaps, wrap the guy up and hold on for gang tackles. Do that, and we win, IMO.

Maybe I am crazy but I love me some DCR on Steve Smith. Hood was a terrible matchup on Smith and it was the single most important reason we lost that game. I am not saying DCR will shut him down but he HAS to be better equipped to handle him better then Hood, no?

If not for Steve Smith and that questionable 65 yard TD and the back breaking TD play right after Edges fumble we win that game in a blowout.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
Jake Delhomme was MVP. Sadly for Carolina, he was MVP for the wrong team. :D

Man, I was so wrong. I really did not expect that kind of a game from him. Very happy about being wrong, let me tell you. :)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think our entire defense should send Delomme a gift basket or something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05