Why Get in the MOCK DRAFT?

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
Because its the only way to legitimately say"I told you so"..
IF the ruling is overturned and williams fitz and clarett cannot jump to the NFL then we take Winslow.

I like many of you like the idea of extra picks by trading down..

IF we stay put. GUESS WHAT?
1st round - Kellen Winslow, TE, Miami (this is just the absolute best bet for the Cardinals. You cannot break this guy down in any way and not say this wont be the safest and best pick for the Cardinals....I think between Gilmore,Johnson and Kasper they will help Boldin much more this year. Especially when you consider K. Winslow is going to be far better than J.Shockey.
Think about this for the moment:
The KC chiefs are lethal because of Gonzalez.
Most teams never game plan that often seriously to stop a TE, WHY? because there is less than a handful that will potentially catch 100 yds in a game.
This will be the BEST PLAYER in this entire draft for the CARDINALS when its all said and done.

2nd Round - Igor Olshansky, DT, Oregon (I am not sure he will fall this far but if not we take one of these WRs...
Micheal Clayton WR LSU
or Rashaun Woods, WR, Oklahoma...
They are both potential impact players thats why.....

3rd round - Stuart Schweigert, S, Purdue (the cowboys are turning their defense around with nasty, hard hitters that have a knack of making things happen. Stuart is in that mold.) This pick is not early when your talking impact.
or Tatum Bell, RB, Oklahoma St. why because when the Cards take the field they may have one of the fastest backs in the NFL and FEAR the Cards with this pick.
I also like Greg Jones that might fall here..... If we havent talkin one of the before mentioned..

4th round -Courtney Watson, ILB, Notre Dame ( again I am going to tell you to take the biggest potential for an impact player. The DL no matter who we take are going to let some through Courtney is just aggresive enough to stay on a team for a long time as a full time productive starter.)

5th round - Rodney Reed, OG, L.S.U. maybe a reach but a solid pick for the oft injured CArdinal O-line...

6th round - Scott Verhalen, P, East Texas BaptistI know but we need a good one and this might just happen...

7th round - A.J. Ricker, C, Missouri

spanky1

Reaction score
MastersofCombat said:
Because its the only way to legitimately say"I told you so"..
IF the ruling is overturned and williams fitz and clarett cannot jump to the NFL then we take Winslow.

I like many of you like the idea of extra picks by trading down..

IF we stay put. GUESS WHAT?
1st round - Kellen Winslow, TE, Miami (this is just the absolute best bet for the Cardinals. You cannot break this guy down in any way and not say this wont be the safest and best pick for the Cardinals....I think between Gilmore,Johnson and Kasper they will help Boldin much more this year. Especially when you consider K. Winslow is going to be far better than J.Shockey.
Think about this for the moment:
The KC chiefs are lethal because of Gonzalez.
Most teams never game plan that often seriously to stop a TE, WHY? because there is less than a handful that will potentially catch 100 yds in a game.
This will be the BEST PLAYER in this entire draft for the CARDINALS when its all said and done.

2nd Round - Igor Olshansky, DT, Oregon (I am not sure he will fall this far but if not we take one of these WRs...
Micheal Clayton WR LSU
or Rashaun Woods, WR, Oklahoma...
They are both potential impact players thats why.....

3rd round - Stuart Schweigert, S, Purdue (the cowboys are turning their defense around with nasty, hard hitters that have a knack of making things happen. Stuart is in that mold.) This pick is not early when your talking impact.
or Tatum Bell, RB, Oklahoma St. why because when the Cards take the field they may have one of the fastest backs in the NFL and FEAR the Cards with this pick.
I also like Greg Jones that might fall here..... If we havent talkin one of the before mentioned..

4th round -Courtney Watson, ILB, Notre Dame ( again I am going to tell you to take the biggest potential for an impact player. The DL no matter who we take are going to let some through Courtney is just aggresive enough to stay on a team for a long time as a full time productive starter.)

5th round - Rodney Reed, OG, L.S.U. maybe a reach but a solid pick for the oft injured CArdinal O-line...

6th round - Scott Verhalen, P, East Texas BaptistI know but we need a good one and this might just happen...

7th round - A.J. Ricker, C, Missouri

Even if the NFL "win" a stay, it does not include Fitzgerald. He is legitimately allowed into the draft because he is three years removed from HS. The NFL have already ruled on this in his favor!

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like your first 3 picks scenario. I would be happier with the Raushaun Woods at #2 option. Schwiegert may be the next John Lynch with better speed. Try and fit derek Abney in where you have the punter. That would be 2 receivers to replace Gilmore and Poole , our so called speed burners. Abney can return kicks big time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There's no way Courtney Watson makes it out of the second round, let alone falling all the way into the fourth.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
I like your first 3 picks scenario. I would be happier with the Raushaun Woods at #2 option. Schwiegert may be the next John Lynch with better speed. Try and fit derek Abney in where you have the punter. That would be 2 receivers to replace Gilmore and Poole , our so called speed burners. Abney can return kicks big time.

Nathan Poole a "speed burner"?

Me thinks you've been smoking too much cuban import. :cool:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
Nathan Poole a "speed burner"?

Me thinks you've been smoking too much cuban import. :cool:

My tongue was stuck in my cheek. :p

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
I understand if a DT is the best player available with the 2nd round pick but if we ignore CB for another year especially with the uncertainty of Starks then we're screwed.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
so far away said:
Why does everyone on this board consistently ignore the CB position? :shrug:

Personally, I have a hard time finding value at cornerback when the Cards pick. When I was making up my mock, I wanted the Cards to pick the best player available in the first two rounds. In the third round, I think that there might be legitimate cornerbacks, but this isn't a particularly strong group. Even the best cornerbacks in this draft has some of warts.

When it gets to the middle rounds (three through five), it's some hard decisions. Would you rather have Isaac Sopoaga or, say, Kiewan Ratliff/Joey Thomas/Greg Brooks? Would you rather have Tatum Bell or Rich Gardner/Bruce Thornton/Jabari Greer? I dunno.

I'm going to read The Sporting News's Draft Guide this afternoon and see if I can find some players at the corner position. I would much rather draft cornerbacks than linebackers in this draft, but it's hard to make it a high priority when it looks like we'll have an adequate (if at best) corps with Starks, Macklin, and Hill.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
so far away said:
Ok JUST ABOUT EVERYONE, sorry S11 didn't mean to lump you in with the rest.
Ees ok. I used to be lost in the shuffle, now I just shuffle along with the lost. So same difference.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so far away said:
Why does everyone on this board consistently ignore the CB position? :shrug:

Because they are just little guys and it's hard to see them behind Linebackers and DLmen. Little tiny men.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
For the 2nd round pick I would much rather have Pat Kabongo. He is due to break out! :D

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
For the 2nd round pick I would much rather have Pat Kabongo. He is due to break out! :D
You must be registered for see images attach

KABONGO IMPRESSES

At 6'5" and 325 pounds, Patrick Kabongo is an impressive figure. At the Nebraska pro day teams came away more impressed than ever. The big man ran a 5.32 40, which was substantially better than any player his size at the combine ran on either side of the ball, (with the exclusion of possible top pick Robert Gallery). Not only did Kabongo move exceptionally well for a big man, but at the end of his workout still managed 30 repetitions at 225 pounds. Kabongo did an extended workout with defensive line coaches from around the league and a number of clubs are taking a serious look at moving Kabongo to the offensive side of the ball due to his height, weight, speed and intelligence numbers. Kabongo finished as an honors student at Nebraska despite English being his second language.

http://www.vaniercollege.qc.ca/athletics/kabongo/kabongo_scholarship.html

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

Watshidimba Kabongo to you Mister.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
Watshidimba Kabongo to you Mister.

Thank goodness we don't have TWO W. Kabongos on the roster, since they'd never fit that across the jersey (a la DAVE BROWN)

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Thank goodness we don't have TWO W. Kabongos on the roster, since they'd never fit that across the jersey (a la DAVE BROWN)

Now if the Cards traded for Adawale Ungunleye, drafted Watshidimba Kabongo and Isaak Sapoaga they would have way too many vowels.

:cool:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
This is hilarious. Kabongo takes on a frustrated fan...
http://redcladloon.freeservers.com/bugmunch_opinion1.htm

And another tidbit...

Anybody grasping for a picture of Nebraska's defensive intensity only needed to look at Patrick Kabongo on Saturday.

After losing his helmet early in a first quarter play, Kabongo kept pursuing down the sideline, eventually bringing down the Troy State ball carrier.

"The guy's extremely intense," rush end Trevor Johnson said of Kabongo. "I knew he was going to go head first into that guy and try to blow him up."

The Kabongo play was just one in a day that was once again dominated by the Blackshirts.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Troy State ?

Did they wear togas ? Now if he was chasing down one of those behemoths from Oklahoma...........

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Lex said:
Troy State?

Is that USC's JV team?

Eh, it's been a rough couple of years. I'll take what I can get.
And besides, it's not like went ASU on the situation and actually LOST to them.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
And besides, it's not like went ASU on the situation and actually LOST to them.

Technically speaking, I do not believe that this is a sentence.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05