Wide Receivers are Frustrated

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I will try the soy sauce on the lasagna when my mother in law is not looking. But will someone PLEEZ explain the hot sauce reference?

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Rats - I;m still trying to figure out what the hell that post was about the Vikings and their lack of scoring even though they've averaged 30 points over the last two games and besides the Giants loss - who they notoriously match-up poorly with - with or without Moss, they evcen put 20 and controlled the game against Tennessee also.
One game was Indy...everyone scores on Indy....I think my point was that playmakers have to make plays to win games. See my Philly Post...and come up with something on that one to...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:
Give me a break dude, Josh as the backup had all his practice reps with who? Nate Poole, so he threw the ball more to Poole than Quan....when he started. Had his practice reps been with Q all season....I think we know who he would have been throwing the ball to. Q was Macs secret weapon and unveiled him in the Detroit game. Had Josh been under center he would have followed the game plan and locked in on Q....

you missed the part where I pointed out in those 3 starts that Quan wasn't as good with Josh as he was with Blake.

3 games with Josh as the starter 22 catches, for 222 yards or 10.09 YPC, averaged about 14 YPC the other starts. I can't factor out Josh from those first 13 games, too much effort, but what we're seeing this year in terms of YPC should surprise nobody after what we saw LAST year when Josh started. he throws underneath a lot.

I didn't say he wouldn't throw to Quan obviously he would have, he did when he played, I said Quan was worse with Josh than he was with Blake and that was at the end of the year when the overall offensive situation was much more defined because the WR's had 13 games under their belts and knew their jobs a bit better.

Do you remember Gilmore and Johnson sealing the Lion loss with Johnson dropping a TD pass, and Gilmore running the wrong route on a blitz hot read giving a TD to Dre Bly? Everyone remembers the mistakes Blake made but forgets all the stuff he dealt with himself. he played worse and worse as the year went on, deserved to be benched, but he did much better than Josh would have in that situation and both Mac and Josh said so last year when Josh finally got to play.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:
One game was Indy...everyone scores on Indy....I think my point was that playmakers have to make plays to win games. See my Philly Post...and come up with something on that one to...

EVeryone scores on New Orleans and Green Bay too. Just like they do New Orleans and SF.

Hmm Deja vu.

Rats

Reaction score
Hey, Did I mention we have an awsome Defense....I bet Berry is Defensive player of the week...would someone please hijack this thread.... :wave:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:

Really - everyone scores on Indy? The Chiefs scored on Indy - but with Priest Holmes - the Chiefs had been scoring on everyone - but besides them - in Indy's last four games, they had only given up an average of 18 points a game - holding the Texans to 14, Jax to 17, Oakland to 14, and Jax to 27 points after having started the season out pretty poorly.

I think you're point was something about the Vikes not being as proficient without Moss - and well - that's really just not true. As far as playmakers havign to make plays - you're absolutely right - but they have to GET THE BALL in order to do so.

As far as your Philly post - their defense was supbar last year and Donovan got them to the NFC Title game and it wasn't like the Defense was pitching shutouts the previous two years - McNabb was an integral part of getting those teams to the final game as well - hell - it wasn't McNabb who gave up 33 points to the Rams their first year in the title game.

Rats

Reaction score
Every time I think I am out......they pulll me back in..........

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:
Hey, Did I mention we have an awsome Defense....I bet Berry is Defensive player of the week...would someone please hijack this thread.... :wave:

Berry is a half sack off of leading the NFL in sacks, and some guy on the denver board posted today that Hayward is better than Berry, he just isn't getting the advantages Berry got because Pryce is out injured. Berry gets all the attention here and still has 9 sacks, and at least one Denver fan thinks those sacks are due to Pryce I guess?

Rats

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Really - everyone scores on Indy? The Chiefs scored on Indy - but with Priest Holmes - the Chiefs had been scoring on everyone - but besides them - in Indy's last four games, they had only given up an average of 18 points a game - holding the Texans to 14, Jax to 17, Oakland to 14, and Jax to 27 points after having started the season out pretty poorly.

I think you're point was something about the Vikes not being as proficient without Moss - and well - that's really just not true. As far as playmakers havign to make plays - you're absolutely right - but they have to GET THE BALL in order to do so.

As far as your Philly post - their defense was supbar last year and Donovan got them to the NFC Title game and it wasn't like the Defense was pitching shutouts the previous two years - McNabb was an integral part of getting those teams to the final game as well - hell - it wasn't McNabb who gave up 33 points to the Rams their first year in the title game.
They have lost with out Moss or did you over look that fact. With Moss they won...without him they lost. I still think the game is measured in wins and losses...call me crazy.....we really have a great Defense and Emmitt seems to have a nose for that goaline.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:
Every time I think I am out......they pulll me back in..........
Cosmic forces compel me to quote Rats on this one.

Hey Rats, how would you rate our cornerbacks lately? Seems like they have stopped playing way off the receivers.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Rats said:
I can use Phillys O before Owens arrived as an example to. They sucked before he came there. But there D was good enough to get them in the Title hunt every year. But with a great playmaker like Owens( he is annoying as hell though) they are a favorite for the Super Bowl. My point is that the Playmakers have to get themselves right and start making YAC. Last night that OWENS play for a TD...not one of our receivers could do right now. Q not ready yet( ITs obvious), Fitz hasn't shown he can break away, Johnson no, WIlliams? No. Hell Frank Sanders could at least run after the catch. And dont say Josh couldn't make that throw. HE has made that throw routinly to Johnson and Williams and Poole. None of them get YAC.

The Eagles had the 18th-ranked offense in 2003. Philly had the 10th-ranked offense in the NFL in 2002. 16th in 2001 (middle of the road). 17th in 2000. No one was going to compare them to the 1997 Vikings or the 2000 Rams, but they weren't awful. They didn't suck. They got the job done. Currently, the Arizona Cardinals have the 29th-ranked offense in the NFL.

Our WRs aren't getting YAC yards because Josh McCown isn't putting the ball in a place where they can run after it. Watch his passes next Sunday. They're everywhere. Josh can't throw a quick hitch to Fitz that isn't all over the board, and all Fitz could do was get a handle on it and fall forward. Anquan Boldin's entire game is based around getting YAC yards. He could do it under Jeff Blake, but he hasn't been able to for five games under Josh McCown. Don't blame the WRs, blame McCown's scatter arm. Please.

Maybe if McCown stopped putting the ball at the WRs feet and instead put it up in the air where they could go up and get it, they'd be able to gain some yards. Instead, he's leading the WRs into safeties. That's not Quan's fault; it's Josh's.

The biggest problem that Josh has is that he's not putting enough air under the ball. He's so petrified of throwing picks that he hucks these bullets all over the field. All three of our starting WRs have huge height advantages over cornerbacks. Let them go up and get it, Josh!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:
They have lost with out Moss or did you over look that fact. With Moss they won...without him they lost. I still think the game is measured in wins and losses...call me crazy.....we really have a great Defense and Emmitt seems to have a nose for that goaline.

you;re changing you're argument here though - this wasn't about wins and losses - The Vikes have gone in the tank in the second half of seasons for two straight years now - it's trend - but you were commenting on how offenses are hurt when they lose playmakers or have a lack thereof - you gave the Vikings as an example - I just think you gave a really bad example - that's all.

Berry is a monster and it's okay to end an argument by just saying - okay -maybe the Vikings weren't the best example of this. :thumbup:

Rats

Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
Cosmic forces compel me to quote Rats on this one.

Hey Rats, how would you rate our cornerbacks lately? Seems like they have stopped playing way off the receivers.
Damn, those cosmic forces at work....I really like Macklin....he isnt the flashy guy in our definsive backfield but he is gritty and gets up and jams the receivers. He plays really well in space. I would rate there play as being very consistant considering that with a pass rush this season they get the opportunity to make plays and they are doing it. The entire D is doing it!... :)

Rats

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
you;re changing you're argument here though - this wasn't about wins and losses - The Vikes have gone in the tank in the second half of seasons for two straight years now - it's trend - but you were commenting on how offenses are hurt when they lose playmakers or have a lack thereof - you gave the Vikings as an example - I just think you gave a really bad example - that's all.

Berry is a monster and it's okay to end an argument by just saying - okay -maybe the Vikings weren't the best example of this. :thumbup:
Your right...bad example....but my point was that with Moss he scores TD and gets them wins...without him they score but lose some how....my point really was about wins and losses to the question. Your playmakers have to score TDs and that is not happening....but bad example... :thumbup:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
The Eagles had the 18th-ranked offense in 2003. Philly had the 10th-ranked offense in the NFL in 2002. 16th in 2001 (middle of the road). 17th in 2000. No one was going to compare them to the 1997 Vikings or the 2000 Rams, but they weren't awful. They didn't suck. They got the job done. Currently, the Arizona Cardinals have the 29th-ranked offense in the NFL.

Our WRs aren't getting YAC yards because Josh McCown isn't putting the ball in a place where they can run after it. Watch his passes next Sunday. They're everywhere. Josh can't throw a quick hitch to Fitz that isn't all over the board, and all Fitz could do was get a handle on it and fall forward. Anquan Boldin's entire game is based around getting YAC yards. He could do it under Jeff Blake, but he hasn't been able to for five games under Josh McCown. Don't blame the WRs, blame McCown's scatter arm. Please.

Maybe if McCown stopped putting the ball at the WRs feet and instead put it up in the air where they could go up and get it, they'd be able to gain some yards. Instead, he's leading the WRs into safeties. That's not Quan's fault; it's Josh's.

The biggest problem that Josh has is that he's not putting enough air under the ball. He's so petrified of throwing picks that he hucks these bullets all over the field. All three of our starting WRs have huge height advantages over cornerbacks. Let them go up and get it, Josh!!

Since no one else has said it, excellent analysis K9.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
Since no one else has said it, excellent analysis K9.

Jeez Chris - didn't you get the memo - we're bashing McCown on the SHAWN KING WILL LEAD US TO THE PLAYOFF thread now!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Jeez Chris - didn't you get the memo - we're bashing McCown on the SHAWN KING WILL LEAD US TO THE PLAYOFF thread now!

Lol, yeah I think we kinda shot our wad, at least I have. I think we have stated our case, the situation is what it is, I guess. Wait and see what happens if he blows up this weekend.... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05