Wide Receivers are Frustrated

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Rats said:
Well all you have to do is look at the Vikings without Moss and see that there has to be serious playmaking ability to really make the DG offense go. Q needs to get his timing and JM and Fitz need to get on the same page. Williams needs to stop dropping passes and Johnson needs to keep improving every week. Dennys judgements are just fine IMO. What has the superior offense for the Vikings done since Moss went out. BUTKIS. And if I missed your point I apologize.

If the offense is predicated on everything going right to succeed, which I doubt it does, than it needs to be replaced. An offense that doesn't allow any margin for error will never be successful in the NFL, there are just way too many variables to factor in.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Blake didn't get to play for Dennis Green though, he got to play for first time OC Jerry Sullivan, who's now back at WR coach on probably the worst offensive team in football.

Said it a million times, if Josh had been the starter at the beginning of the year LAST year, we wouldn't even be having this debate because Josh would have been the guy having to deal with plays not called in time, Wr's lined up incorrectly, no defense, and an OC who didn't want the job and made it perfectly clear he wasn't qualified for it.

If Josh had started the first 10-12 games like Blake did, people would have written him off last year. That was as bad a situation for a QB as we've had, the only good thing going was Quan.
No I think you are wrong here Russ, If he had played 10-12 games last season he would have been able to let the ball fly and not have to have the reigns put on him. It would have lead to around 15 or 16 td and just as many INTs and wouldn't have changed last years record. But we would still be having the debate about him because of what he did in the Viking game at the end of the year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:
Well all you have to do is look at the Vikings without Moss and see that there has to be serious playmaking ability to really make the DG offense go. Q needs to get his timing and JM and Fitz need to get on the same page. Williams needs to stop dropping passes and Johnson needs to keep improving every week. Dennys judgements are just fine IMO. What has the superior offense for the Vikings done since Moss went out. BUTKIS. And if I missed your point I apologize.

They've scored 59 the last 2 games without Moss, the 2 games prior where they started and tried play him but pulled him out, they were not good on offense, since then it's been their defense not their offense costing them the last 2 games. 59 points scored, 65 allowed, 2 losses.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
earthsci said:
Please clarify that Pariah.
Denny Green coached up QBs in Minnesota, and that's the basis for the blind faith in him when it comes to Josh--his past record. But, when King's TD:INT ratio--from his past--is brought up, it's different because now he's in AZ. :shrug:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
earthsci said:
This is my last two words on this.

Hot sauce

I'd take Hot suace over Josh any day of the week and TWICE on Sunday!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:
No I think you are wrong here Russ, If he had played 10-12 games last season he would have been able to let the ball fly and not have to have the reigns put on him. It would have lead to around 15 or 16 td and just as many INTs and wouldn't have changed last years record. But we would still be having the debate about him because of what he did in the Viking game at the end of the year.

Comeon, 2nd year guy who a year later is STILL too raw to play the shotgun a lot or be given a full playbook by Green. Put him in a situation where he's literally telling guys where to line up with 5 seconds on the clock while the OC is signalling in the plays? As confused and lost as Blake looked at times last year, he had 10+ years of NFL experience, josh would have been COMPLETELY lost, as would almost any young QB in that situation.

Sure he would have got to throw the ball more but I think it's fair to say given how he's playing now with another year under his belt with a great offensive mind, that he'd have been even worse than Blake.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
earthsci said:
If you mean what I think, why did King get sat for so many years?
Maybe King was sat because a better vet came to the team. Brad Johnson gave them a better chance to win. And, that's exactly what i think should happen in AZ this year.

Don't confuse me with This_Guy. I don't think King is a world-beater; I just think he's better than Josh.

Rats

Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
If the offense is predicated on everything going right to succeed, which I doubt it does, than it needs to be replaced. An offense that doesn't allow any margin for error will never be successful in the NFL, there are just way too many variables to factor in.
I can use Phillys O before Owens arrived as an example to. They sucked before he came there. But there D was good enough to get them in the Title hunt every year. But with a great playmaker like Owens( he is annoying as hell though) they are a favorite for the Super Bowl. My point is that the Playmakers have to get themselves right and start making YAC. Last night that OWENS play for a TD...not one of our receivers could do right now. Q not ready yet( ITs obvious), Fitz hasn't shown he can break away, Johnson no, WIlliams? No. Hell Frank Sanders could at least run after the catch. And dont say Josh couldn't make that throw. HE has made that throw routinly to Johnson and Williams and Poole. None of them get YAC.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
earthsci said:
Hot sauce
Hot sauce makes eggs better. Josh can't hardly make eggs at all--he always makes them too runny, even when he has all morning to make them.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I'd take Hot suace over Josh any day of the week and TWICE on Sunday!

Kind of partial to soy sauce myself.

Rats

Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Comeon, 2nd year guy who a year later is STILL too raw to play the shotgun a lot or be given a full playbook by Green. Put him in a situation where he's literally telling guys where to line up with 5 seconds on the clock while the OC is signalling in the plays? As confused and lost as Blake looked at times last year, he had 10+ years of NFL experience, josh would have been COMPLETELY lost, as would almost any young QB in that situation.

Sure he would have got to throw the ball more but I think it's fair to say given how he's playing now with another year under his belt with a great offensive mind, that he'd have been even worse than Blake.
No, he would have locked in on Q just as Blake did and it wouldn't have been much different and we would still be having this discussion IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:
No, he would have locked in on Q just as Blake did and it wouldn't have been much different and we would still be having this discussion IMO.

But Quan was BETTER with Blake than he was with Josh last year, and that's after Josh got to watch for 13 weeks and see what Blake did right and wrong. By that time the WR's knew where to line up, and for the most part we got plays in on time. Josh didn't have to deal with a fraction of what Blake did.

And let's not forget how he played when he did come in for Blake a few times earlier in the season, completely lost.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
It's all becoming clear now....

I've yet to find a food that can't taste better with soy sauce or ranch dressing.

Rats

Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
But Quan was BETTER with Blake than he was with Josh last year, and that's after Josh got to watch for 13 weeks and see what Blake did right and wrong. By that time the WR's knew where to line up, and for the most part we got plays in on time. Josh didn't have to deal with a fraction of what Blake did.

And let's not forget how he played when he did come in for Blake a few times earlier in the season, completely lost.
Give me a break dude, Josh as the backup had all his practice reps with who? Nate Poole, so he threw the ball more to Poole than Quan....when he started. Had his practice reps been with Q all season....I think we know who he would have been throwing the ball to. Q was Macs secret weapon and unveiled him in the Detroit game. Had Josh been under center he would have followed the game plan and locked in on Q....

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats - I;m still trying to figure out what the hell that post was about the Vikings and their lack of scoring even though they've averaged 30 points over the last two games and besides the Giants loss - who they notoriously match-up poorly with - with or without Moss, they evcen put 20 and controlled the game against Tennessee also.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05