Will AZ be prepared for a game the Panthers need more?

thunderaiden

Reaction score
Sup guys, just stopping by to let you guys know you have a pretty nice board here, so much better than the official one where you have to register with an email address 2% of the population actually have... ok soo maybe i'm not here just to say you guys have a nice board, but I'm here to say that I know the Cards are a bad east coast team and on top of that what are they playing for? Homefield advantage?

Lets not kid ourselves, you guys have won the division, but us panthers are in a dead heat with the rest of the NFL for what could be a wildcard spot if we can't topple the Bucs on Monday Night Football in a few weeks, in the mean time we can only lose 1 game - 2 games would be extremely cutting it. I see that loss coming to Green Bay more than likely and hopefully as it would be a week before we go against tampa. Anyways, I know you guys have trouble against our club and even more trouble on the road, i'll be attending this game. Anyways, stop by carolinahuddle.com aka panthershuddle.com a lot more friendly banter can be had there and we always treat other fans with respect and they normally do the same back. You guys look awesome this year, but like I said, you guys will just be playing for national exposure while our team will be fighting for if we have to rely on the wildcard.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I hope we don't lose in a blow out...

Cardinals + East Coast + Good Team = Disaster

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We let the Panthers beat us last year with Vinny Freaking Testaverde! We need to make sure that is remembered in the locker room and instill a little payback! :)

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what Warner does in this game. It was the Panther's who injured him last year.

Maybe I'm more curious to see what our O-line will do this year...

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I remember beating the Panthers in Carolina with some bad Cards teams earlier this decade. Jake Plummer and Damien Anderson beat them for us a few years back in what was a pretty good game.

I agree last year's game is not forgotten. Warner and Rod Hood especially must have this game circled on their calendar for payback. Warner because of the injury, and Hood because of the horrible blown assignment he had last year that opened up the big play. It was his worst play as a Cardinal and really the only mar on what has been a good career for us since we signed him.

I love Panthers fans. You guys are always great to chat with and have a lot of class, win or lose. This should be a great game between two very good teams.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The Panthers have an extremely tough defense, and what really sucks is they have an extremely tough pass defense.

They shut down the Saints this past weekend.

AzWins23

Reaction score
I remember beating the Panthers in Carolina with some bad Cards teams earlier this decade. Jake Plummer and Damien Anderson beat them for us a few years back in what was a pretty good game.
I agree last year's game is not forgotten. Warner and Rod Hood especially must have this game circled on their calendar for payback. Warner because of the injury, and Hood because of the horrible blown assignment he had last year that opened up the big play. It was his worst play as a Cardinal and really the only mar on what has been a good career for us since we signed him.

I love Panthers fans. You guys are always great to chat with and have a lot of class, win or lose. This should be a great game between two very good teams.

I remember that game, i have it on tape. Jake Plummer got hit by Julius Peppers and fumbled the ball. He was able to pick it up, and he threw it down field to MarTay Jenkins for about 20 yards. Gramatica kicked a game winner...I believe it was 50 yards

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
this is a game i really wanted to go to,but can't. I think the Cards are in trouble in this one. I just have a bad feeling about it. If the Cards pull out a win,it will be a statement that they are serious NFC contenders.Carolina is a very good team.I watched them yesterday and their only question marks are on the OL.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
The Cards do seem to struggle against some East coast teams, remember when McNabb of the Eagles beat us with a broken ankle, and as Shane said above, Testaverde, he beat us like a drum. Washington also holds a 44-18 advantage at home against us, and a 6-1 record in games played at FedExField against the Cards. It's just another area that we need to overcome. Sure is sweet to beat the Cowboys though. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
This week sets up as a very tough game for the Cardinals. A win would be awesome, but I actually think it's is more important for them to play a competitive game and come away from it healthy; then win the next three vs. Rams, 49ers and Seahawks!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This weekend an Igglefan told me I was no longer allowed to complain about the media being biased against the Cardinals because I was always saying bad things about them.

I will now predict a Card victory in this game.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
The Panther have outscored their last three opponents at home, 88-16...WOW. Tough matchup for the Cards...

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I expect a very tough game for the Cardinals.

I am shocked the line is only 4 1/2.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
confidence on the road is LOW. BUT, if the Panthers take the CArds lightly...it'll be a lot closer than any of your fans want.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets not kid ourselves, you guys have won the division...

spoken like someone who isn't a Cardinals fan. That's not an insult thunder, it's just that when a team has been as AWFUL as we've been for... well... ever, it can't afford to believe they've accomplished anything, even when they look good and play in what looks like the worst division in the history of the NFL.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese beat me too it.

I won't believe we have won the division until the math says so

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
It's gonna be very tough to win this game. I don't see it happening, I would love it and probably lose my voice in excitement if we did but until we can win consitently on the road against good teams it just doesn't look good at all. My fear is that it gets ugly ala the Jets game...uugghh

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't let myself believe that the Cards "have won the division."

Been there, done that.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
working against the Cards:

West coast teams travelling into the eastern time zone are 0-12 thus far in 2008.

working for the Cards:

historically, west coast teams travelling into the eastern time zone have around a .250 winning percentage. Given the 0-12 start , a west coast team win is due.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
4 1/2 is the line.....?!?!? Anyone who knows our Cards like we do knows thats easy money.

Tough pass rush + #2 secondary + Speedster playmaker (Smith) + Plus battering running game + Being on the road, in the East, at 10AM = CARDINALS GETTING BLOWNOUT.

I can't think of one reason we win this game other then the confidence from last week and the bye week to prepare.

If we win this game it will be time to erect an Wisenhunt statue in front of UPS. I think we have a chance to go to the NFC championship game but little to no chance of winning this game.

This has shades of Tampa from last year written ALL over it.

But I would love to be proven wrong;)

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
my expectation:

a game like the Washington effort. Close game, back and forth -- decided by a couple plays.

Carolina faces New Orleans and Arizona back to back. Very big picture-- NO and AZ are pretty similiar statistically. Great passing attack, so-so running game, mediocre defense. After beating up on NO, Carolina may be looking at this game with a "been there, done that" kinda attitude. Maybe coming off of a little bit of an emotional high after bouncing back from the TB trouncing as well as winning a big division game.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05