Wizards @ Suns Sunday game thread 12-17-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you suggest, because I’m not seeing an easy solution.

we aren’t firing the coaching staff yet and our roster is all but locked since we have no assets.

I think we might just be screwed.

I'd be looking at the coaching staff first. The Suns shouldn't be playing this bad.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What do you suggest, because I’m not seeing an easy solution.

we aren’t firing the coaching staff yet and our roster is all but locked since we have no assets.

I think we might just be screwed.
Oh, I think we can change philosophies on our play. Obviously our guys want to run and score. We need to gang rebound. We need to emphasize no turn overs. It's all about creating more shots for us than the other teams. We usually shoot a higher percentage than opposing teams most nights. So we shoot more than them, we will win a lot more games!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching Bol Bol “practice” shooting 20 foot 2 pointers during halftime makes me ill.

Emblematic of this whole team, they don’t even comprehend what the problems are.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I think we can change philosophies on our play. Obviously our guys want to run and score. We need to gang rebound. We need to emphasize no turn overs. It's all about creating more shots for us than the other teams. We usually shoot a higher percentage than opposing teams most nights. So we shoot more than them, we will win a lot more games!

Whatever their teaching, it's not working. I'm about ready to see more of the bench.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Is Durant gonna get another coach killed midseason?
I don't think it will be KD. I think our owner would be the culprit. This is a guy used to winning. Not knowing what's going on behind the scenes, I think Ishbia would have a meeting with JJ and Vogel on how to fix the under performance.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Durant gonna get another coach killed midseason?

He could make a necklace out of their ears soon.

Against the warriors, watching Nash sit near the GS bench and shmooze with their brass all night I was like “that’s kinda rude”, then I remembered… oh yeah.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually miss Ayton.

Nurkic is so useless on defense that it can hardly be comprehended.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think Nas Little is replacing Okogie as our defensive hustle guy.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Durant made zero effort to get back on defense after getting blocked by Kuz.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vogel is Terry Porter. Brought in for defense and just doesn't fit this team, at all. Can Kevin Young be Alvin Gentry?