World of Warcraft

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
CardFan67 said:
and the Horde is not evil, the Human's are... the story is more along the lines of American settlers vs the American Indians...

The Horde are the good guys, at least they were through Warcraft1 and WarcraftII

Okay now I really feel nerdy...

No they weren't! They came to Azeroth through the Portal and totally trashed Stormwind and the surrounding villages of Goldshire and Moonbrook. They forced the people of stormwind to flee to the kingdom of Lorderon, where, with the help of the High Elves and Dwarves from Khaz Modan they were able to push the Orcs back through the portal and take back Azeroth.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:
No they weren't! They came to Azeroth through the Portal and totally trashed Stormwind and the surrounding villages of Goldshire and Moonbrook. They forced the people of stormwind to flee to the kingdom of Lorderon, where, with the help of the High Elves and Dwarves from Khaz Modan they were able to push the Orcs back through the portal and take back Azeroth.

Alliance stink. I'm not too keen on the history, or the story in this game since I never read my quests, but the Alliance have a weird feeling about them. They seem so corrupt and evil. We Horde on the other hand are fun-loving and most of us are out of junior high. That can't be said for the kids who constantly corpse camp and sit in Gadgetzan or Booty Bay waiting to gank unsuspecting Hordies. I know it goes both ways, but the Alliance seem far worse about it (on my servers).

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
dogpoo32 said:
Alliance stink. I'm not too keen on the history, or the story in this game since I never read my quests, but the Alliance have a weird feeling about them. They seem so corrupt and evil. We Horde on the other hand are fun-loving and most of us are out of junior high. That can't be said for the kids who constantly corpse camp and sit in Gadgetzan or Booty Bay waiting to gank unsuspecting Hordies. I know it goes both ways, but the Alliance seem far worse about it (on my servers).

I would agree with this on my server as well... Alliance seem to average about 10 years younger than the Horde Characters...

I will have to go back to my original game but the first Warcraft I could have sworn the humans were the pillagers... Not to mention many factions that exist now did not exist then, in two some of the current horde characters were not even in the horde they were mutual enemies... The story which was described earlier is how I remember the Undead joining the story and not as part of the horde until the sequel came out...

But I don't know, I would tell you if they made a movie I would go see it, that is for sure...

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:

As I remember Warcraft II was the one where the Dark Portal became the topic and the story line, I was referring more to the original

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans

Look at those grapics... :D

OP
OP
C

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:
So we playing tonight or not?

I'll be on around 7:30 pm. If no one else is on by 8, I'll be switching to my main server to pick up a group.

OP
OP
C

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
How often you play?

I really only have time to play once a week. Our guild always has some kind of group going on each Sunday. So that's my play time. I'll often log on just to check my in-game mail throughout the week, but I just read my mail and move on. Weekdays are usually too busy.

I was able to work it out last week to log on and start a new character with Heavy. But that was for about an hour when I had to get going. Weekday playtime is quite rare for me. :(

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
My wife said it was a stupid game and me and the kid wasted way too much time on it. So this weekend The kid plays then it's my turn. She comes in and starts asking questins, etc, etc. So then she wants to look at the different characters. I log out and we spend like an hour making her a player. Then she starts to play, and play, I make dinner, she keeps playing!

4.5 freakin hours later I say screw it and go to bed. She finally comes in and says "thats pretty fun, Tomorrow I have a couple quests lined up". :(

I may never make it on again.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
My wife said it was a stupid game and me and the kid wasted way too much time on it. So this weekend The kid plays then it's my turn. She comes in and starts asking questins, etc, etc. So then she wants to look at the different characters. I log out and we spend like an hour making her a player. Then she starts to play, and play, I make dinner, she keeps playing!

4.5 freakin hours later I say screw it and go to bed. She finally comes in and says "thats pretty fun, Tomorrow I have a couple quests lined up". :(

I may never make it on again.

:biglaugh:

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
The way I was introduced is I went to a friends house (lives really far away and I only see him a few times a year) and he was playing the game, wife is all ticked off and starts telling me how rediculous it has become... My buddy goes to work, comes home logs in and plays, he logs off gets 3 or 4 hours of sleep and then goes back to work, everyday...

I gave him a hard time and told him I thought it was pretty rediculous... Came home and told my wife about it, she knows him well and we shocked... Soon after he sent me the guestpass... I tried it, did not really like it much and left it at that... A month or so later he was playing even more... I kind of tried to do an intervention type thing to get him off of it... He had me play his character instead and it was pretty fun...

Went home created my account and then the same thing happened with my son, he started giving me a hard time for playing and then I gave him my guest pass... It happened the same way for my son as it did for me... We have always had 2 computers in the house but now we need to buy a third so my wife can get on while the boy and I are hard at WOW...

There has to be some kind of subliminal thing in there or something...

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
CardFan67 said:
There has to be some kind of subliminal thing in there or something...

There has to be. And funny you mentioned it but the wife last night said I need to order up the parts to build another gamer pc so we can all play. :rolleyes:

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
There has to be. And funny you mentioned it but the wife last night said I need to order up the parts to build another gamer pc so we can all play. :rolleyes:

I think that's pretty lucky. My fiancee hates the game and curses its name. She has not yet evolved past the SUper Mario World or Tetris phase of video games. Lets just say I am glad she works a lot and is out of the house more than I am.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
lmao

Get an epic mount n00b!!

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
If you are just starting out, or want a second high level toon, you need to try the hunters... I made one as my alt on my main server and have leveled him to 54 in 7 days (time played when entering "/played" on the chat line)

After they changed the hunter via the patch, it has become a solo'ing monster...

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
54 in 7 day's! Holy............

But you're right I can get a lot done solo with my hunter when others the same level are calling for help. Even though you are in a group of sorts at all times with a pet.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
54 in 7 day's! Holy............

But you're right I can get a lot done solo with my hunter when others the same level are calling for help. Even though you are in a group of sorts at all times with a pet.

thats 7 days of playing time. not seven days on a calendar.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser