Worst loss ever

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Man, this was the worst ever. Twice as bad as the Rams game. The Cards are most amazing chockers ever.

We lost a 20 point lead in the second half without giving up an offensive touchdow. Wow.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Seriously..... Did you expect it to happen any other way???

Wonder how Edge explains that fumble.

I called the Hester run back.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
The funny part is my wife, a new Cardinal Fan Conversion after going to opening day almost (no exageration here) THREW UP watching the game. I just sort of shook my head and opened a beer. In my mind the worst kept popping up, then happening. I was not shocked, but sort of impressed at how logical it was to have 6 TOs, not allow an offensive touchdown and score 23 points against a team that had allowed only 1 in 5 games. It really was amazing.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've watched this team over half my life and I can say with out a doubt that it was the worst loss ever

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well its time for us to give the Raiders their first win next week :)

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I have watched cardinal football for 30+ years, and this was the worst.

Seriously. Watching football is supposed to be fun.

Watching the cardinals is like freakin torture.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Teams like the Texans lose the right way....

When the Cards lose they make thier fanbase jump off a cliff. It's almost comical.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hands down, the worst loss I've ever felt as a fan.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This would easily be the worse loss if my heart hadn't already been pulled out of my chest during the Rams game, then stopped on repeatedly in the Chiefs game. Watching it, even when it was 23-10, both my dad and I said, if we don't score another touchdown it's 24-23 Loss. Because we knew, we were just thinking how we were going to blow this game. On the punt return, just before the kick, I actually thought that the one thing we had going for us was our Defense. The Bears couldn't move the ball so all we had to do is stop their drive...and our special teams completely wiffed again.

Even with Rackers running out on the field, the thought was, "We're the Cardinals, we can't get 2 yards on from 2nd and 2, we've blown a giant lead...we're just destined to lose this game."..and the ball sails left.

In the Rams game, it was such a turn around of emotions. They fumbled the ball, botched the game, and for once, we were going to come out on top. I really believed that, until we fumbled the ball right back to them. Kansas
City, I still had a glimmer of hope that we weren't completely jinxed. But after having both of those games sucker punch me in the crotch...well, I was already braced for our complete melt down.

So, as an individual game. Yes, this is the worse loss ever. But emotionally, I was already prepared for us to screw the pooch...and I wasn't in that Rams game.

And now back to throwing up....

Speaking of which, can we nick-name the stadium the "Vomitorium" now that we all get sick to our stomachs after watching the games?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching it, even when it was 23-10, both my dad and I said, if we don't score another touchdown it's 24-23 Loss.

I said this exact same thing to my friend. I may be dumb about a lot of things, but I know the Cardinals.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I said this exact same thing to my friend. I may be dumb about a lot of things, but I know the Cardinals.

That's where my wife screamed at me to knock it off, stop thinking that way.

Every one of us feels that way and I'm almost believing we make it happen, there's no other explanation for it but how do you stop thinking those thoughts it's a nightmare.

It's like in Ghostbusters where they tell them not to think of their own destruction and one guy does, it's impossible not to.