Would You Trade Josh Jackson for Lonzo Ball?

Would You Trade Josh Jackson for Lonzo Ball?

• Total voters

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JJ is really starting to figure it out, there was no way a guy who has that much athletic ability, skill, and trys that hard was going to suck for long, his slow development is really a sign of how bad Phoenix is at developing players. If he just either stops taking some many threes or begins to hit them he can become our best player in time
JJ is only in his second year and he was very young coming out. His development is not really that slow. The losing just makes it seem like it.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
JJ is only in his second year and he was very young coming out. His development is not really that slow. The losing just makes it seem like it.
Well the losing and him trying to make too much happen as a playmaker, either way im saying no way do you trade him for Lonzo

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

JJ was considered older for a one and done player. He’s only 4 months younger than Booker who’s in his 4th season.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Well the losing and him trying to make too much happen as a playmaker, either way im saying no way do you trade him for Lonzo

It is less about the losing than that Jackson as of a few days ago was still on pace for the 4th worst NBA season in NBA history measured by Winshares/48min

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJ was considered older for a one and done player. He’s only 4 months younger than Booker who’s in his 4th season.

Yeah he was old for his class. Always liked him but he does have to improve that outside shot to make the next leap in development. Plays so hard that's why I always liked him better than Tatum, but so far Tatum is clearly the better pro

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My vote is not aging well given how Jackson has looked recently...and I'm loving it!

Josh Jackson last 3 games avg

25.6 pts
3.7 reb
3.7 asts
3 stls
55% FG

well, you might consider changing your vote because it will likely look even worse in time

JJ is better offensively, defensively, is more aggressive, is more of a leader, seems to like it here, and his father isn't disruptive

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
well, you might consider changing your vote because it will likely look even worse in time

JJ is better offensively, defensively, is more aggressive, is more of a leader, seems to like it here, and his father isn't disruptive

I'll keep the vote for posterity's sake, but I hope it looks increasingly ridiculous as the years go by!

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I saw where the 6'ers traded Fultz today. I wouldn't of minded seeing him here with the Suns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

good. Dude flashed real talent last year and since the year turned 2019, has been much better than his rather atrocious start to the season.

Gotta give him a little bit of time. Don't want to be the Lakers who gave up on D'Angelo Russel after two years just to see him round into shape a year and half later.

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
whew, the deadline has passed and we dodged that bullet/Ball

enough about him and his family. they're Lebron and Magic's problem for the rest of the season

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw where the 6'ers traded Fultz today. I wouldn't of minded seeing him here with the Suns.

I wish we'd made a play for him.

They gave him up for beans, it's hard to imagine that Bender and the Bucks pick wouldn't have trumped Orlando's offer. The risk reward there, especially for a PG starved team like us, is off the charts.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
good. Dude flashed real talent last year and since the year turned 2019, has been much better than his rather atrocious start to the season.

Gotta give him a little bit of time. Don't want to be the Lakers who gave up on D'Angelo Russel after two years just to see him round into shape a year and half later.

it's a fair point

I think we are not yet accustomed to the fact that the top 20 draft picks nowaways are 90% under 20 when drafted and that even the full duration of their rookie contracts is not enough to judge from the outside if a player is going to validate his draft position or not.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Who would you rather have, Ball or Russell. I do have to admit though, Ball is probably better than his numbers suggest. He is not a good fit with LeBron. Russell would have been a much better fit with LeBron.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
JJ starting to play some of his best basketball this season. I wouldn't want the headache of Levar Ball being a strain on a young locker room. Look, Zion is everyone's first choice in this upcoming draft, But if the Sun's don't get that number #1, draft the best point guard. Get the kid from Murray State, Morant.:clapping:

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ball is probably better than his numbers suggest. He is not a good fit with LeBron.

he was bad before Lebron arrived
but sure, if he had heart he'd be better than his numbers suggest
but he doesn't. and there ain't no great and mighty OZ to give him one
just his whacked dad in his ear
and outside of LA, both will likely be even worse

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake