Would You Trade Josh Jackson for Lonzo Ball?

Would You Trade Josh Jackson for Lonzo Ball?

• Total voters

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Maybe Lavar’s behavior is lowering the price LA will be able to ask for London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. We tell the Lakers "Yeah, we will help, but you have to get us Jrue and find someone to take Anderson."

The Suns need to be totally mercenary at this moment. Don't worry about helping the Lakers or not. Do not worry about the compaints about JJ being LeBron's lap dog. Just do what is best for the Suns no matter where the chips fall.

Danny Ainge can go home and cry for all I care.

I think you're overvaluing the Suns hand. LA can find another team to help them, if that's even needed. What specifically do the Suns offer either the Lakers or Pelicans by getting involved? We're a landing spot for Lonzo? I don't see that as a reason to hold anything up. The Pelicans have reportedly said they'll keep him in a deal if he's part of it. If Lonzo tries holding out then Silver gets involved and tells him to play or he's finished so Lonzo ends up being a disgruntled player for the rest of the year and then the Pelicans find a suitor during the draft.

We don't have cap space to absorb anyone's contract so we really aren't a valuable partner. We have the Bucks pick, our own (which shouldn't move in a Davis deal), and wings like TJ, Oubre, JJ, and Bridges. I wouldn't trade anything but the Bucks pick for Lonzo.

I really don't see how the Suns are in a position of power like you state. There really isn't way they can step in and make a demand like "find a taker for Anderson's contract". How is anyone else supposed to do that also? What assets are involved there? That limits what LA can offer New Orleans and New Orleans isn't doing anyone's legwork because they actually do own the most coveted piece in this trade, possibly in the NBA. I don't see how we can make any demands let alone the outrageous demand you suggested, which sends the worst contract in the deal elsewhere and lands us the 2nd best player in the trade, Jrue.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lebron by himself on the bench... Lol

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lakers got blown out. The players separated themselves from LeBron on the bench.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebron by himself on the bench... Lol

We'll see Thur I guess how it ends up but right now the Lakers pursuit of Davis has been comical and has made LeBron look worse than he's looked in ages. The core of that team is now completely off the rails because they were all at one point being offered in trade for Davis. young core I should say. LeBron is a top 5 all time player of course but I don't think that's going to be enough to win back Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, et al because they all know it was LeBron that was orchestrating this trade via his buddy Paul at Klutch.

I think they probably will try to trade Ingram or Ball and then Magic will leak out rumors whoever they traded was harming team chemistry just to try and take the target off LeBron.

He's been amazing in recent years taking bad teams to the finals but I don't know if he can carry a team that right now probably hates his guts.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that Josh Jackson would be the wing who would benefit most from Lonzo? His fearlessness on the fast break would be phenomenal. I also think TJ would be leaking out a ton too.

I was shocked to see the Suns are 11th in fastbreak points, w/o a viable point guard.

I wish there were a way to get Lonzo w/o giving up any of our wings.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that Josh Jackson would be the wing who would benefit most from Lonzo? His fearlessness on the fast break would be phenomenal. I also think TJ would be leaking out a ton too.

I was shocked to see the Suns are 11th in fastbreak points, w/o a viable point guard.

Sure there is. Bender, Daniels, and picks. The Suns first round picks are very valuable because they will be in the lottery.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Lakers will end up trading Ball even if they don't get Davis, who knows.

IMO, the Davis thing just made it easier to get away from Ball and his pops. If they trade Ball over the next year that will confirm it.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO, the Davis thing just made it easier to get away from Ball and his pops. If they trade Ball over the next year that will confirm it.

That’s correct. The only way the Pels will be happy is if the Suns take some of the Lakers junk, and we give up a player to the Pels.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s correct. The only way the Pels will be happy is if the Suns take some of the Lakers junk, and we give up a player to the Pels.
The Pels want picks. The Lakers want AD. The Suns want a quality pg. Seems that there should be some way everyone can be happy.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Pels want picks. The Lakers want AD. The Suns want a quality pg. Seems that there should be some way everyone can be happy.

If those are the three teams involved, the only quality pg among them is Jrue Holiday.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Y’all need Mello and Jello

Are those types of LSD? I, and most fans, could use that.

If you're referring to the Ball "Ballers" who sucked out loud in the Lithuanian F League... your definition of "need" and mine are worlds apart.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My vote is not aging well given how Jackson has looked recently...and I'm loving it!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

FWIW they played together in the McDonalds practices and after that, before the game, Josh Jackson was asked if there was one player who impressed him or surprised him and he said Lonzo, said he's really good whatever team he was one was winning in the practices. They became friends back then.

Doubt it has any impact now of course neither one is in a position to demand a trade, but they have played together before

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would trade a protected Suns first round pick for Lonzo. We have disposable assets to make the salaries work.

If the Lakers want to get AD, a protected Suns first rounder will be more valuable to the Pelicans than Lonzo.

Ellington and Suns 2019 top 10 protected first round pick for Ball.

The Lakers would almost HAVE to do that deal. They have to go all in on getting AD. If draft time comes and we are picking fifth, and we don't really like any players at that spot, we just send the Lakers the pick anyway and its over.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FWIW they played together in the McDonalds practices and after that, before the game, Josh Jackson was asked if there was one player who impressed him or surprised him and he said Lonzo, said he's really good whatever team he was one was winning in the practices. They became friends back then.

Doubt it has any impact now of course neither one is in a position to demand a trade, but they have played together before

That's interesting and coincidental that the Suns traded for a PG at last year's deadline that was good friends with our SF, Elfrid Payton was said to be really good friends with TJ Warren, and now this year it looks like the Suns have tried to add Ball somehow and again he's good friends with our starting SF, Josh Jackson.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's interesting and coincidental that the Suns traded for a PG at last year's deadline that was good friends with our SF, Elfrid Payton was said to be really good friends with TJ Warren, and now this year it looks like the Suns have tried to add Ball somehow and again he's good friends with our starting SF, Josh Jackson.

I don't know if they're good friends or not. Remember Lonzo didn't play in most of the big AAU events in HS he tended to play at smaller events with his AAU team and his brothers. So there were several guys at the MCDonald's game who'd almost never played against Lonzo and I think Josh was one of them.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
JJ is really starting to figure it out, there was no way a guy who has that much athletic ability, skill, and trys that hard was going to suck for long, his slow development is really a sign of how bad Phoenix is at developing players. If he just either stops taking some many threes or begins to hit them he can become our best player in time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake