Wow Singletary in the post game presser

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
IMO Singletary made himself look really stupid several times yesterday.

Here's my reason.

When Vernon Davis made that stupid penalty that was all over the news 2 weeks ago and Singletary BENCHED him and then sent him TO THE SHOWERS and then proceeded to light him up in the presser and say he would not tolerate selfish penalties..

Well fast forward to last night, VD made a TD and cost his team ONCE AGAIN with a stupid selfish penalty. (taking his helmet off after his TD so everyon can see his pretty face, cuz you know, its all about HIM)

So obviously Mike lit him up again and benched him right?

Nope,,, funny how all that BS about "cannot win with em, cannot coach with em, cant do it..." all goes out the window when it's a CLOSE game and he needs VD in there...

Singletary is a tool. Dont blab on about being a TEAM if you aren't prepared to back it up Samurai Mike.

I'm with you on this one. Singletary is also overly honest. He answered a direct question directly. Evidence last night indicates he knows what he's doing.

Oh, and like his mentor, Mike Ditka, he doesn't care what you and I and the media sheep think about him. Singletary might actually be a good head coach.

I mean no disrespect personally, but I completely disagree. It's not about media perception at all. It doesn't matter if your an NFL head coach or any other profession. It's NEVER ok to throw your co-workers under the bus like that. If he had a problem with the play call he should have discussed it behind closed doors.

Once again Singletary shows what a hypocrite he is by airing out the teams laundry in public when just a week ago he was ranting about how what happens in the locker room is "sacred" and he was going to find out who was leaking information to the media.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
IMO Singletary made himself look really stupid several times yesterday.

Here's my reason.

When Vernon Davis made that stupid penalty that was all over the news 2 weeks ago and Singletary BENCHED him and then sent him TO THE SHOWERS and then proceeded to light him up in the presser and say he would not tolerate selfish penalties..

Well fast forward to last night, VD made a TD and cost his team ONCE AGAIN with a stupid selfish penalty. (taking his helmet off after his TD so everyon can see his pretty face, cuz you know, its all about HIM)

So obviously Mike lit him up again and benched him right?

Nope,,, funny how all that BS about "cannot win with em, cannot coach with em, cant do it..." all goes out the window when it's a CLOSE game and he needs VD in there...

Singletary is a tool. Dont blab on about being a TEAM if you aren't prepared to back it up Samurai Mike.

Singletary is not a tool. Obviously I dont know if he will be a good head coach yet but what he did yesterday with VD was fine. It wasnt about the penalty two weeks ago, it was his reaction to it and him waving him off. Last night VD told him Im sorry and admitted he was wrong. Thats why you seen them hug and smile while Singletary was talking to him. That was the difference between two weeks ago and last night. Not because it was a close game, Singletary wouldnt have a problem putting in Walker and benching Davis if he needed too

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Singletary is not a tool. Obviously I dont know if he will be a good head coach yet but what he did yesterday with VD was fine. It wasnt about the penalty two weeks ago, it was his reaction to it and him waving him off. Last night VD told him Im sorry and admitted he was wrong. Thats why you seen them hug and smile while Singletary was talking to him. That was the difference between two weeks ago and last night. Not because it was a close game, Singletary wouldnt have a problem putting in Walker and benching Davis if he needed too

Gotcha, so Mike's fine with VD busting off 15yd unsportsmanlike conduct penalties every now and then as long as he says he's sorry... ;)

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Gotcha, so Mike's fine with VD busting off 15yd unsportsmanlike conduct penalties every now and then as long as he says he's sorry... ;)

I didnt say he was fine, I dont know what they talked about behind closed doors. All I know is that two weeks ago, VD waved off Singletary and didnt acknowledge him at all and last night it wasnt like that. Both dumb penalties, yes. But you have to understand that blow up two weeks ago wasnt about the penalty, it was about what happened after

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05