You are gonna luagh.....but

OP
OP
gamebird98

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
WOW...did i stir a pot here. I thought that this board was a forum of opinion. I guess not. Im just baseing my statements on what I have seen from one fans point of view. I have read alot of posts on here that people make some very bold statements...just doing my share:D

Nick C

Amazing
Reaction score
BJ had more receptions (35) for more yards (438 ) last year than Kasper has in his career (24 rec for 287 yards).

To call him a bust is a little premature. Special Teams is Kaspers only hope of making the team this year IMHO.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kasper is the third-best second string wideout on this team. He's a good role player, but he has real, pro-bowl talent in front of him on the depth chart.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
gamebird98 said:
WOW...did i stir a pot here. I thought that this board was a forum of opinion. I guess not. Im just baseing my statements on what I have seen from one fans point of view. I have read alot of posts on here that people make some very bold statements...just doing my share:D

I have no problem with what you said even though I completely diagreed with it. I was just curious as to what exactly you were basing your opinions on.

IMO He'll be lucky to make the team. He's going to have to produce on special teams to earn a spot

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nick C said:
BJ had more receptions (35) for more yards (438 ) last year than Kasper has in his career (24 rec for 287 yards).

To call him a bust is a little premature. Special Teams is Kaspers only hope of making the team this year IMHO.

Correct, Kasper has had 24 receptions for a 12.2 average and 3 TD's. All of this except for 1 - 23 yard pass came in his first two seasons. In 2003, he had only 5 kick returns but averaged 27.2 ypc with a long of 37 yards.

McAddley has had 29 receptions for a 14.3 yard average and 1 TD in his only two seasons, both of them with the Cards.

Bryan Gilmore has had 18 receptions for a 12.3 yard average and 2 TD's in his 4 seasons, all of them with the Cards.

Nate Poole has had 26 receptions for an 11 yard average and 2 TD's in his two seasons, both with the Cards.

McAddley, Gilmore and Poole have not returned kicks.

Will someone please remind me why we extended Gilmore's contract?

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BJ might wind up being a first round bust he needs to prove it on the field. That speed is nice but there is much more to nfl wide recieveing then speed and combine numbers. The best example of this is Q of course. I think he will get good coaching this year and he will get some weaker defenders on him thanks to Q and Fitz being on the team now he needs to prove it on the field.

Harpo

All Hail the New Regime!
Reaction score
I'm as big a Kasper fan as anyone, but I wouldn't go proclaiming him a future MVP. As has been stated he has to make the team first, and that is easier said than done. We know that they will keep the top 3 and Karl Williams to return punts. That leaves one spot. Kasper is in the last year of his contract, so they will be more likely to keep a guy that they can develop and keep as a 5th or 6th WR for the next few years. Kasper's blessing and curse is that he is a good kickoff returner. Unfortunately, this has hindered his ability to play WR as he has broken his ribs, and back, and messed up his ankle getting crushed by the kamikaze's on special teams. I don't know if BJ will be bust or not, but I do know that Kasper is faster than him. That doesn't mean much if Kasper doesn't get a chance, but whenever Kasper has seen the field for the Cards he has produced, whether it was making clutch grabs in OT, scoring TD's in close games, or leading the team in rushing, receiving, scoring, and KO returns as he did in the first pre-season game last year. We'll see how things go for Kasper this year without Sully around. I wish him luck.

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Nah those are personal floating devices. :D :wave: :thumbup:

I think I caught Dolly Parton trying to pitch those on a late night infomercial. Very impressive.

Bryant Johnson will be a good receiver and he is progessing nicely. I think he realized that he needed to come to camp and perform - esp. having Quan and Fitz as teammates. He is danger of being left at the station if he does not perform. I think Quan's season last year was a great motivator for him this offseason.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
gamebird98 said:
You guys all have BJ in the pro bowl....im just saying that he wont even be with the team after this year. Kasper is a better receiver.

Yes... and of course, Cade McNown will lead us to the Super Bowl...

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
Yes... and of course, Cade McNown will lead us to the Super Bowl...

Do you really think his name is Cade McNown(twice now)?

Or

Are is it just a diss towards Josh McCown?

:confused:

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Do you really think his name is Cade McNown(twice now)?

Or

Are is it just a diss towards Josh McCown?

:confused:

Not me, GAMEBIRD...

He said McNown in the opening of this thread... and then did an edit...

OP
OP
gamebird98

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
sorry....didnt realize that mistakes around here were so damaging. Guess i didnt take my perfect pill that morning. BJ is still gonna be a bust.....atleast till he goes to another team

Crazy Canuck said:
Not me, GAMEBIRD...

He said McNown in the opening of this thread... and then did an edit...

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
gamebird98 said:
sorry....didnt realize that mistakes around here were so damaging. Guess i didnt take my perfect pill that morning. BJ is still gonna be a bust.....atleast till he goes to another team

I guess your reference to BJ 's future indicates that you did take your "perfect pill" today :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
Damn, I go away for months, comeback and it is the same Junk. Will he or won't he? Better than who, faster than what?

It looks like Green is a no nonsense kind of guy. So guess it comes down to who busts thier ass enough to impress him? I am a huge Kasper fan but the fact is that unless he gets healthy and learns to get over what ever attitude problem he has that has been holding him back he will be doing one of two things

1. Riding the pine
2. Selling used cars

We all know that when he is in the game and healthy he can and has been very productive.

What do I think will happen? I think he will be the guy that people remember fleetingly, infrequently and say "huh, wonder what happened to him?"

Such is life

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
hehe, try as I might I just can't stay away. I am genuinely excited to see what this season has in store forr us. I have only really followed the Cards whule Mac was the coach and I am eager to see if Dennis will step up or if the rumors about him being as lax asfar as discipline is concered is true. Maybe at least the players will play hard for him.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
HIX said:
hehe, try as I might I just can't stay away. I am genuinely excited to see what this season has in store forr us. I have only really followed the Cards whule Mac was the coach and I am eager to see if Dennis will step up or if the rumors about him being as lax asfar as discipline is concered is true. Maybe at least the players will play hard for him.
DG is not lack when it comes to discipline. He doesn't screw around. He doesn't fine people he cuts people. It's his way or the highway.

jerryp

Grey facemasks forever.
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
where is Q and Fitzgerald going to be when we are facing these big 3rd down situations? Does that mean Bryant Johnson is on the bench? I agree with your assessment that Kasper is a Ricky Proehl type player, but in the past, Proehl had many more opportunities to get on the field than Kasper will. I also think the Rams advanced last year without Ricky Proehl. ;)

Advanced until they lost to Ricky Proehl's team...

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
jerryp said:
Advanced until they lost to Ricky Proehl's team...
ROTFLMAO

That is the key to getting to the SB in the NFC sign Ricky Proehl!