Zaven Collins re-signs for two more years

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
But that is not the question!

I wrote earlier What the market is for OLB in the NFL. Collins is better IMO and by pff than OLB signed in the same contract range.

You Might Think he is overpaid, But the NFL Doesn’t adjust to your feelings. Looking at the market base for a OLB it would suggest that he signed to a Fair contract. Perhaps even on the cheap side
Key there.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The rest is unbiased. Showed enough to the team only, IMO.
It all depends on what value you put on 17 games started, 3.5 sacks, 3 PDs, 6 TFLs, 6 QB Hits, 12 pressures, 2 missed tackles, and 58% of defensive snaps. That is in year 1 of playing EDGE. With zero other players on the roster who have shown they can produce at this level, I have zero issue with two years, 7 mil per year. Do I want better? Absolutely. Is that really possible at this point? Not really. Did Monti crap the bed? 100%.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I say go after Reddick. I know they want their chips pushed in at the right time. This is the time. Ever notice other good players start showing up after you get one. Advertising that we're serious, trying to win.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I say go after Reddick. I know they want their chips pushed in at the right time. This is the time. Ever notice other good players start showing up after you get one. Advertising that we're serious, trying to win.
I don't know how much leverage Reddick actually has which hurts AZ's ability to acquire him. He certainly will want to hit FA so I don't believe he will hold out the entire year. The Jets sent a 3rd round pick to the Eagles so I imagine they don't want to throw that away. You have to be willing to give Reddick a deal if you trade for him and he is 30. Without knowing what he is asking for, it is tough to make this deal.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No to Reddick and overpaying him. Even though the pass rushing on this team is at best average even with BJO, I am fine signing a vet for this year, and shore up edge rusher in the draft with a stud in round one.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No to Reddick and overpaying him. Even though the pass rushing on this team is at best average even with BJO, I am fine signing a vet for this year, and shore up edge rusher in the draft with a stud in round one.
As strong as the upcoming draft is for edge players I could see Monti pick two in the first 4 picks.

Especially if he’s happy with the CB group I could see Edge, DL, LB, Edge.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What is overpaying? Danielle Hunter is about the same age and just got 2 years, 49 mil. If I could get Reddick for 2 years, 45 mil and it cost me a 6th round pick...let's go. If he wants a 4 year deal...or the Jets want their 3rd rounder back...it's a no for me.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What is overpaying? Danielle Hunter is about the same age and just got 2 years, 49 mil. If I could get Reddick for 2 years, 45 mil and it cost me a 6th round pick...let's go. If he wants a 4 year deal...or the Jets want their 3rd rounder back...it's a no for me.

They screwed up not paying a FA edge rusher so now they have to overpay to right their wrong. If Reddick costs a 3rd (plus 3/$70 as a baseline) I say do it. Get out of it after two years and it doesn’t affect core players that need to be paid down the road. Losing a third would sting but not as much as watching opposing QB’s this year having all day to throw would sting. That will get old by week 4 and we’ll all be complaining.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As strong as the upcoming draft is for edge players I could see Monti pick two in the first 4 picks.

Especially if he’s happy with the CB group I could see Edge, DL, LB, Edge.
I agree, we could really set the edge position for next several years with a pair of young bookend pass rushers

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I agree, we could really set the edge position for next several years with a pair of young bookend pass rushers
Only if the picks work out. Monti’s first go round at drafting an edge isn’t looking too rosy.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Uh Reddick was literally a passrusher in college (believe he had double digit sacks his last year in college). He was moved by idiots to ILB.
As I replied to DVontel, I understand what he played in college. In the NFL, he had not really shown anything in terms of pass rush. That's been my only argument.

Reaction score
Wha? You'd pay Reddick $22.5 mil per year? Ludicrous.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05