Zaza to the Hawks?

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
On the Atlanta RealGM boards they are claiming that Zaza will sign a 4 year 16 million deal with the Hawks.

The guy that posted it cited a bucks source, so take it what it is worth.

asudevil83

Reaction score
more overpaying for a FA. Zaza, IMO, is probably worth 4 years $12mil. he put up decent numbers on a horridly weak front court.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Damn. I was hoping the Suns could get him away from the Bucks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
more overpaying for a FA. Zaza, IMO, is probably worth 4 years $12mil. he put up decent numbers on a horridly weak front court.

Unfortunately, I liked Zaza and he was only 21 years old. I was hoping somehow he could end up in a Suns uniform.

Now I really have a distaste for Atlanta. I hope the Suns sign Hunter or some other 4/5.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
I guess the Hawks aren't worried about reserving space for another max contract.

LoganMo

Reaction score
The Hawks shouldn't hold out for a max contract player; if they sign anyone too good, they'll have to worry about JJ demanding a trade to the Hornets so he doesn't have to waste away as the #2 option.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was on Hoopshype.com. Seems too low. Might be a misprint.

"The Hawks have also extended an offer sheet to Milwaukee reserve center Zaza Pachulia, another restricted free agent. The offer sheet extended to Pachulia, a four-year, $4 million deal, lacks the headline power of the Johnson deal but could clear up issues at a position just as critical and fits into the cap-conscious approach that general manager Billy Knight insists he'll maintain." Atlanta Journal-Constitution

If we want him, we could do better than this.

OP
OP
T

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't even know if I would want him at that amount.

I mean I guess I would since it is essentially the vet. min but I am not sold on ZaZa at all

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Guess this kills off the Hawks going after either of the Baby Bulls, and essentially wipes out the long rumored Al Harrington for a sign and traded Eddy Curry deal.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
On the Atlanta RealGM boards they are claiming that Zaza will sign a 4 year 16 million deal with the Hawks.

The guy that posted it cited a bucks source, so take it what it is worth.

The August 3rd article "Zaza signs offer sheet, Bucks have 7 days to match" had this interesting statement

"per club policy, terms of the offer were not disclosed".

So if it were team policy we would never have known what the offer to JJ was and that it included a front loaded 20M. That is flipping hilarious.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Snake said:
Guess this kills off the Hawks going after either of the Baby Bulls, and essentially wipes out the long rumored Al Harrington for a sign and traded Eddy Curry deal.

Not really Zaza is getting paid back-up money and the Hawks still have the cap room to bring in Curry or Chandler.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05