2024 NBA Draft talk: Suns own pick 22

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then how did we get popped for tampering with Eubanks last off-season? He played in Portland, who didn't make the playoffs. Yet it was said we spoke to him prior to the free agency period starting. He wasn't a free agent after Portland played their final game of the season.

@Dan H is right, there's a ton of tampering issues that would come about in these scenarios suggested. Considering the Suns were recently popped for tampering and I'm sure the Lakers won't be happy with losing LeBron, I can definitely see them pushing the league to investigate.

I think if the franchise stays away from illegal contact with the player and negotiating with the player and agent, it's all good.

Players can talk.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if the franchise stays away from illegal contact with the player and negotiating with the player and agent, it's all good.

Players can talk.
That's what I thought as well. No doubt teams use players to talk to players unofficially.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That may have been true at one point but the argument to be “exciting” is good enough is paper thin 50+ years later and zero titles. It’s not just the NBA either. The Suns are on a futility list for no titles across all sports.

There are so many good young teams around, the Suns may have to settle for exciting, but I hope for more.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Players can talk.
Of course they can, and they do.

The tampering rule is a fake rule to try and make the fans think everything is on the up and up. You are only punished for it if you make it to obvious. Basically the goal of the rule is keep the collusion secret or we will punish you. They don't want front offices and players going on podcasts and pitching to free agents.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course they can, and they do.

The tampering rule is a fake rule to try and make the fans think everything is on the up and up. You are only punished for it if you make it to obvious. Basically the goal of the rule is keep the collusion secret or we will punish you. They don't want front offices and players going on podcasts and pitching to free agents.

It's all good until a team gets caught or reported. I agree, the rule is not enforced with vigor.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if Book hasn't already talked to Lebron on playing in Phoenix.
Let's say this happens. And, it wildly goes beyond expectations and the Suns win the title. Great. But that moment will be ALL about LeBron and Bronny. The Suns would be an afterthought. Might as well put an asterisk next to it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's say this happens. And, it wildly goes beyond expectations and the Suns win the title. Great. But that moment will be ALL about LeBron and Bronny. The Suns would be an afterthought. Might as well put an asterisk next to it.

At this point, I wouldn't care. As I view it, the Suns are mostly a band of mercenaries. No stopping now until they take the draft seriously.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh sure, we take it. But some of the sweetness would be gone. At least for me.

A lot of the sweetness left for me when the Suns traded for Durant. It would be just another step towards trying to buy a title.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of the sweetness left for me when the Suns traded for Durant. It would be just another step towards trying to buy a title.
I would have to look it up but most title contenders went after free agents so that is technically buying a title. Sure they have some home grown players so to speak but I don't recall very many NBA champions being 100% home grown.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have to look it up but most title contenders went after free agents so that is technically buying a title. Sure they have some home grown players so to speak but I don't recall very many NBA champions being 100% home grown.

Personally, I find it more enjoyable having a few core players that grew up with the team who fans can identify with. The only one that really fits this category is Devin Booker.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Personally, I find it more enjoyable having a few core players that grew up with the team who fans can identify with. The only one that really fits this category is Devin Booker.
While I agree, 50+ years of ZERO championships makes beggars can’t be choosy situations.

The dbacks won a title with almost no history or homegrown players. Loved every minute of it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
While I agree, 50+ years of ZERO championships makes beggars can’t be choosy situations.

The dbacks won a title with almost no history or homegrown players. Loved every minute of it.
Right, there is very little difference between what the Dbacks did and what we are "trying" to do. It will take a few days or weeks to get over the fact that we got Lebron, but if we did -- man, we would be a team to watch! And if we get a title, DAMN RIGHT I would celebrate. Plane ticket to Phoenix would be booked for sure.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right, there is very little difference between what the Dbacks did and what we are "trying" to do. It will take a few days or weeks to get over the fact that we got Lebron, but if we did -- man, we would be a team to watch! And if we get a title, DAMN RIGHT I would celebrate. Plane ticket to Phoenix would be booked for sure.

Weren't we the team to watch when we acquired KD and then again when we added Beal? Let's actually win something before celebrating. Let's acquire LeBron before we start saying how high the ceiling is or criticizing others for not believing it would be as enjoyable as you think.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Look at Dallas.

Luka himegrown
Kyrie trade
Washington trade
Gafford trade
Likely homegrown (first year)
Jones (free agent signing)
Josh green (himegrown)
Kleber (homegrown?)
Exum (free agent)

Only 4 of 9 himegrown and one is a rookie so you did t exactly watch him grow for along time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Weren't we the team to watch when we acquired KD and then again when we added Beal? Let's actually win something before celebrating. Let's acquire LeBron before we start saying how high the ceiling is or criticizing others for not believing it would be as enjoyable as you think.
You’re right! No one on ASFN is allowed any joy anymore! Shame on you and me chap for stating we would love to win a championship!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re right! No one on ASFN is allowed any joy anymore! Shame on you and me chap for stating we would love to win a championship!

Be joyful, that's fine. That doesn't make you right or anyone else wrong, or vice versa. We're sharing our own views and perceptions here. Not everyone is going to view the route taken the same.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Where did I criticize you or anybody? You want SO HARD to tear everything down in almost every post. Just give it a rest already. Nobody is handing the trophy to the Suns. And we certainly don't think the odds are good that we get Lebron. I'd say 3%, tops. So quit the lecture.