Arizona Diamondbacks @ SD Padres series thread. 07/05/07-07/07/24

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Diamondbacks lose 10-8 as Sewald gives up 2 homers in the bottom of the 9th. :mad:
Sewald is blowing chunks now after two blown saves in less than a week. His confidence has to be in the toilet after this past week. If there is another save opportunity in this series, Lovullo should try another arm. If Sewald blew three in a row, he'd be done for the season mentally.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Sewald has been a little lucky since coming back, there has been a lot of warning track balls lately. I'm cool with moving him, he does not have closer stuff IMO. The blown save in WS game 1 was the dagger last year. Dude has blown 2 must wins on this road trip.... I always wondered why Seattle dumped him last year..... now I know

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
It's not over until it's over. :biglaugh:
It's over. Sewald was already reeling from his last blown save. Serving up meatballs in the bottom of the 9th to the Padres didn't help. Definitely the most brutal loss of the year, and there have been a lot of them.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
how is it any different than the last 50 years? Back when newspapers were still a thing, at least on Coronado the SD Tribune literally had a page dedicated to AZ Sports in the sports section in the summer for all of us "zoners" that were over when its 110+ in Phx. Notice how dead the freeways are in July? Now with the remote work so common, if you have friends or family living over there, might as well stay the month

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
DBacks are the epitome of a .500 team right now. 45-45 W-L record, 435 runs scored, 435 runs against, 1 game over .500 at home, 1 game under .500 on road. Let's hope the post-All Star Break DBacks are well over .500!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat