$35.5M in cap space

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Compare his sand lot plays with guys like Warner and Brady who know where all the receivers are supposed to be
The key is neither of the QBs referenced can do sandlot plays as it isn’t in their games. Both are physically limited.

You will not be able to turn Kyler into a pocket passer. If you are expecting such you will be disappointed.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone thinks that.

I think he has the talent to be elite, but to get to that level he has to put in the work too. Week in and week out. He seems to be doing that though.

And I think the last three games of last year were pretty elite!

Some of it depends on our oline and MHJ playing well as a rookie, but I think there's a good chance we see K1 storm into the "top-three-QB" conversation this year.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The key is neither of the QBs referenced can do sandlot plays as it isn’t in their games. Both are physically limited.

You will not be able to turn Kyler into a pocket passer. If you are expecting such you will be disappointed.

Would you consider Russell Wilson a pocket passer CardNots? Certainly Drew Brees was a pocket passer.

Given an appropriate level of talent around him, K1 can operate in the pocket as effectively as either of those two did.

I think you probably disagree with me, and I understand for an entire season we haven't seen Murray play at Wilson's or Brees's level as a pure passer, but I think this year there's a good chance both of these things will change! haha.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

No one wants to change him into a pocket passer, but he'll never be more than bang average if he can't operate as one consistently. More often than not his lack of pocket awareness and inability to stand in, make the quick read, and make the throw, has caused his negative plays. If he spins away from a clean pocket and into the pass rush one more damn time I'll lose my mind. That should be an easy fix for any competent QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Do we think it is better or worse that we have 35.5 mil in cap space when we also have 21.8 mil is dead cap space? Monti is basically fielding a 198.1 mil cap roster in year 2.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we think it is better or worse that we have 35.5 mil in cap space when we also have 21.8 mil is dead cap space? Monti is basically fielding a 198.1 mil cap roster in year 2.
$57ish million in cap space and dead money. Looks like we're in the middle of the pack here.

You must be registered for see images attach

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
$57ish million in cap space and dead money. Looks like we're in the middle of the pack here.

You must be registered for see images attach
Crap, we still have basically 22 million in dead money from poop pile contracts given by the previous leadership. That sucks big time! I had no idea.

No wonder we haven’t been aggressive in the FA market or anxious to sign aging veterans to large contracts.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap, we still have basically 22 million in dead money from poop pile contracts given by the previous leadership. That sucks big time! I had no idea.

No wonder we haven’t been aggressive in the FA market or anxious to sign aging veterans to large contracts.
That is 20th in the league. Seven teams are carrying over 50 million in dead money led by the Broncos with 67 million.

Personally, I would rather see us in a Rams type of situation. Eight million in cap space, 4 million in dead money.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
What is interesting? I’ve never been a fan of Kyler previously but I am now.

Could be maturity growth or i finally see his immense talent if used properly.

More likely I see him as a leader of men now..

Agreed. However, Kyler needs to prove it this year or the team needs to go in a different direction. I'm not expecting the team to have a fantastic record because of the schedule and the defense still being bottom 5 in the league most likely.

The offense has the talent to be quite good though assuming Kyler plays well. I think and hope he will.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Last edited:

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been addressed, but how close are we to the floor? Wonder if they will try to extend guys in training camp since there don’t seem to be any free agent prospects.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been addressed, but how close are we to the floor? Wonder if they will try to extend guys in training camp since there don’t seem to be any free agent prospects.
The floor is a 3 or 4 year average. Next year will be the year we have to worry about it because of the gaps last year and this year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. However, Kyler needs to prove it this year or the team needs to go in a different direction. I'm not expecting the team to have a fantastic record because of the schedule and the defense still being bottom 5 in the league most likely.

The offense has the talent to be quite good though assuming Kyler plays well. I think and hope he will.
When healthy, Murray has already proven that he’s a very good franchise QB. What Murray has to do is stay healthy. That he hasn’t proven. If Murray plays in 15 games, we’re a playoff team. If he plays in all 17, then we have the potential to go deep into the playoffs.