The biggest hit on the BJ injury

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Beej got hurt..that suxx as we all were hoping to see a jump from him this season. The thing is BJ is very young and due to that we were never going to see his true potential until his second contract...because he would only be 24..
But he is out this season with an acl...at least its early so he should make TC next season.... but the thing is, unless the kid is a big time outlier, being physically healed does not meen he is back. we all know it usually takes a guy an extra season to get his head right after that injury... so that means we dont get to see who he is in 2025 either...

so then we come to 2026,...the fourth and final year of his rookie deal. We wanna see him breakout right?? No....not really.. I mean, IMO the best case is an 8 sack season, then we sign him knowing he is only 24 and still has some physical maturity to grow on for the next season...
The worst case is the kid breaks out... gets 115...20 sacks, very exciting... but then we gotta sign him.... I mean, one year wonder much? But ya know, market value is gonna be around 35m a year...do we wanna lock that up for a guy with two major injuries and one really good season?
we can argue durability and production all we want but his agents just going to hit the media hyping the one great season and the cardinals history of being cheap...its a lose lose for us,

so I find myself hoping when the kid is finally ready he has a totally meh kinda season so we dont over pay for a flash in the pan..... this situation just suxx

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was the other major injury?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the one he had when we drafted him that kept him away from off season activities and most of his rookie TC
Not sure I would consider that one major. But I digress.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would consider that one major. But I digress.
Didn't sound major.

The ACL injury extends Ojulari's injury history since joining the Cardinals last year. He dealt with the knee injury before the 2023 draft and started that year's training camp on the physically unable-to-perform list. Luckily, the Cardinals cleared him before the season began. The former LSU standout also dealt with a hamstring injury before entering the NFL.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Didn't sound major.

Any injury that requires surgery is major. That's three injuries in the past 18 months?

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Unfortunately a trend is emerging with BJ. Sucks for us and him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's a bust. It's unfortunate, as it's a medical thing and not a talent bust, per se, but he cannot be counted on. Anything we get from him is gravy at this point.

You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
He's a bust. It's unfortunate, as it's a medical thing and not a talent bust, per se, but he cannot be counted on. Anything we get from him is gravy at this point.
I have to agree with you here.

Unless he has freaky genes like Adrian Peterson, he's unlikely to be as effective next year, and his ineffectiveness likely lingers into 2026.

That's pretty much categorically a bust.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Oh yes, high and mighty Brit, do tell us how he's not a medical bust at this point? Rookie year? Hindered by injury. Second year? Gone. But yeah, he's not a medical bust.

Or, you know, just continue posting try hard eye rolls lol

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Oh yes, high and mighty Brit, do tell us how he's not a medical bust at this point? Rookie year? Hindered by injury. Second year? Gone. But yeah, he's not a medical bust.

Don’t worry. He’s going to find a post from a chiropractor/LSU super fan explaining why Actually getting injured three times in 18 months is find and actually good.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Hoping for Abdul carter Robinson and ojulari on the d line next year

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's a medical bust while he's injured? Thanks for that insight.

And when he comes back next year and has 8 sacks you'll be saying "Well he was a bust then but he isn't now". In other words, not a bust.

A bust is someone who is done, someone we know who they are and that's never going to live up to their cost or draft position. There's no reversing a bust, it's the end game.

Or is Nick Bosa a bust?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

And when he comes back next year and has 8 sacks you'll be saying "Well he was a bust then but he isn't now". In other words, not a bust.

A bust is someone who is done, someone we know who they are and that's never going to live up to their cost or draft position. There's no reversing a bust, it's the end game.

Or is Nick Bosa a bust?
Nick Bosa had 9 sacks his rookie season. He had 15.5 the year he came back from injury.

This is a terrible example to use.

Stout

Reaction score

Or is Nick Bosa a bust?
When? Heck, it was a big if for him to get 8 sacks this season, let alone in a post-knee injury season. I like your optimism but where is that written in stone?

Year one? Hampered by injury.
Year two? Gone.
Year three? Recovery year.
Year four???

I'm comfortable in my opinion, thanks. But please feel free to post more glorified eye roll emojies :)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
When? Heck, it was a big if for him to get 8 sacks this season, let alone in a post-knee injury season. I like your optimism but where is that written in stone?

Year one? Hampered by injury.
Year two? Gone.
Year three? Recovery year.
Year four???

I'm comfortable in my opinion, thanks. But please feel free to post more glorified eye roll emojies :)
Sorry he's busy looking for a post on TigerDroppings from a pharmacist's assistant breaking down how being injured three times in 18 months while not playing football actually means that BJ Ojulari is less likely to be injured in the future.

Stout

Reaction score
Sorry he's busy looking for a post on TigerDroppings from a pharmacist's assistant breaking down how being injured three times in 18 months while not playing football actually means that BJ Ojulari is less likely to be injured in the future.
And how those injuries means he's going to show vast improvement next season as he recovers from major knee surgery.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake