10 thoughts - Saints game

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I mean, that happened for one game. That said, the 2016 Arizona Cardinals had some really good players on it. I'd prefer to have a team with really good players.
I don’t think I’ve ever been as confident in a win as week 1 2016. Coming off 13-3 and the NFC Championship Game, primetime Sunday Night opener, against Jimmy G in his first start for the recently suspended Tom Brady. No way we were losing that.

Then Brandon Williams gets torched for the game winning TD and I walk out of the stadium totally shell shocked.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve ever been as confident in a win as week 1 2016. Coming off 13-3 and the NFC Championship Game, primetime Sunday Night opener, against Jimmy G in his first start for the recently suspended Tom Brady. No way we were losing that.

Then Brandon Williams gets torched for the game winning TD and I walk out of the stadium totally shell shocked.

oh yeah... I was all in for that season. Thought we were Super Bowl favorites after stealing Jones and that loss to Jimmy G, because we went cheap on the long snapper and our new one hiked one into the dirt, helping Catman boof a 46 yarder at the gun, just took all the wind out of my sails... and seemingly the team's also for the rest of the year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’d prefer to spend high draft picks or traded picks on big swings and use FA money for your lunchpail guys. You’re pretty sure Will Hernandez and James Conner can play. They’re going to give you something.

If you spend $20 million a year on Christian Kirk and hope he maxes out his talent, you’re unlikely get real value.

Blowing draft picks is embarrassing, but they are a renewable resource.

Nah. Michael fired Keim and Kingsbury within a year of extending them. Along with the Murray extension and study clause, plus inviting hard knocks into the building?

That’s next-level incompetence. Arians just wouldn’t fire his buddy.
Agree with trading for a top player vs spending big on a FA.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It’s all the same. If you’re bottom third you suck. It takes a real fine gauge to figure the difference between 31st, 27th, and 25th.

Thats click bait.
This is where I land. We are a bottom 3rd of the league in terms of talent to start the year. Maybe it gets better but that is where we are.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It’s all the same. If you’re bottom third you suck. It takes a real fine gauge to figure the difference between 31st, 27th, and 25th.

Thats click bait.
This. The bottom line is we're still obviously one of the worst teams in the league in terms of overall talent until proven otherwise.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This. The bottom line is we're still obviously one of the worst teams in the league in terms of overall talent until proven otherwise.
That's true. The proof is in the eating.

With any luck...we drafted a couple of these elusive "stars" and we will get the joy of watching them emerge as the season progresses