Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Good Zac or Bad Zac today? We need the good Zac...and message to Hazen - how about a closer? That should be a priority in the offseason - should have been at the trade deadline. I'm all for giving Puk a chance at the job. But Lovullo is too stubborn and lacks the "in game" management sense to let Puk pitch the 9th instead of using him as a set up man in the 7th or 8th. Thompson can't close, Martinez is not ready to close, and I don't trust Sewald's Folly in that role.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Good Zac or Bad Zac today? We need the good Zac...and message to Hazen - how about a closer? That should be a priority in the offseason - should have been at the trade deadline. I'm all for giving Puk a chance at the job. But Lovullo is too stubborn and lacks the "in game" management sense to let Puk pitch the 9th instead of using him as a set up man in the 7th or 8th. Thompson can't close, Martinez is not ready to close, and I don't trust Sewald's Folly in that role.
Bad showed up. He's cooked.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Bad showed up. He's cooked.
He should be shut down for at least a month or so. He's not helping the team at all - especially after last night's bullpen meltdown that gave that game away. Can't afford to do that this time of year. This could be the first series loss in quite some time - let's just hope they don't get swept.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Gallen should be on the IL after today's game. I don't think that Hazen/Lovullo have the guts to do it. All glory is fleeting. This isn't 2023.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Gallen should be on the IL after today's game. I don't think that Hazen/Lovullo have the guts to do it. All glory is fleeting. This isn't 2023.
He hasn't been the same since the ASB last year. All those extra innings and the injury this year have cooked him. Now we're lucky to get a couple innings a game showing flashes of what he used to be.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
He hasn't been the same since the ASB last year. All those extra innings and the injury this year have cooked him. Now we're lucky to get a couple innings a game showing flashes of what he used to be.
Exactly. We all see it. Apparently Hazen/Lovullo do not.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes Alek Thomas, for all of his offensive issues, is still a far superior defender to McCarthy or Carroll. Together they were called the "No Fly Zone" just a year ago.

We win on pitching and defense.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Yes Alek Thomas, for all of his offensive issues, is still a far superior defender to McCarthy or Carroll. Together they were called the "No Fly Zone" just a year ago.

We win on pitching and defense.
When the pitching is suspect, though, as it has been...they need more offense.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didn’t watch the game but Gallen last few outings is very concerning.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members