Arizona Diamondbacks @ Colorado Rockies series thread. 09/16/24-09/18/24

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pederson is the DH tonight, which is his highest and best use. There is no significant difference between he and Smith in LF and in fact, Smith is rated as the better fielder... But this is a senseless debate as they both don't belong in LF. Due to Gurriel's injury, this is what we're forced to talk about... two average at best fielders and wildly inconsistent hitters.

The difference is Pavin Smith vs Josh Bell. Pederson plays LF then Bell DHs.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marte is still not right when hitting from the left side of the plate. Moreno obviously isn't ready to start.
And now were pinning for Josh Bell... eeeesh...

Marte hit a HR last night. You can also DH him.

You can't be like "Pavin Smith is our only option" when that's just false.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Smooch that ass. Smooch it

It's the Kingsbury defense we suffered through for 3 years with the Cardinals
LOL... I was the #1 crusher of Kliffy. I have no issues going after a head coach/manager when I feel it's warranted.
But again man - share your intellect! I'm getting a strong sense you are one helluva a manager...albeit from your couch. LOL!

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
Dbacks not playing tonight:

Ketel Marte
Gabby Moreno
Josh Bell

Stop saying they are playing their best players because they simply arent.
Marte and Moreno are just back from injury and being eased in. Our lineup is just fine. Just not producing. Just call Hazen and Torey and give them your infinite wisdom. I’m sure your resume will impress them.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our lineup is just fine. Just not producing.

ox·y·mo·ron
/ˌäksəˈmôrˌän/
noun
a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g. faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).
"that fashionable rhetorical novelty, the humblebrag, is itself an oxymoron"

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL... I was the #1 crusher of Kliffy. I have no issues going after a head coach/manager when I feel it's warranted.
But again man - share your intellect! I'm getting a strong sense you are one helluva a manager...albeit from your couch. LOL!

I am literally sharing my intellect, by the way, where I have an outlet.

I do it here all the time AND call myself out when I am wrong. It's a wild concept that on the message board I share an opinion that doesn't require an agreement from two of you.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are right. Nothing could be done about Blake Walston and Scott McGough giving up 5 runs (and counting).

The team is in a funk and nothing can be done about it. No changes need to be made. Everything is as it is intended to be.

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
I am literally sharing my intellect, by the way, where I have an outlet.

I do it here all the time AND call myself out when I am wrong. It's a wild concept that on the message board I share an opinion that doesn't require an agreement from two of you.
C’mon, you’re a Torey hater. You criticize him after a pitcher gives up a lead but it is always after the fact. You troll anyone who disagrees with you but you are the moderator, in fact you call yourself the super moderator. How can you be wrong when you only comment after the fact? Start giving your expert opinion before a pitching change and earn some cred. Right now you have none.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today my season ticket rep asked if I wanted to buy more playoff tickets. The Dbacks organization is absolutely counting on that playoff money and that is what worries me here. Kendrick raises his payroll by like 50% and they are worse. The historics behind that aren't good. Is he going to pay Christian Walker to not make the playoffs? I am not confident.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C’mon, you’re a Torey hater. You criticize him after a pitcher gives up a lead but it is always after the fact. You troll anyone who disagrees with you but you are the moderator, in fact you call yourself the super moderator. How can you be wrong when you only comment after the fact? Start giving your expert opinion before a pitching change and earn some cred. Right now you have none.

I have, in fact, complimented Torey multiple times. Whining about moderators having an opinion is top tier on this board. You should see what we all say about it. It's like the auto loss for whatever you are talking about.

The moderator is being mean/disagreeing with me. Waah I can't validate my point so I say the moderator is a big meanie. Waaaaah

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Today my season ticket rep asked if I wanted to buy more playoff tickets. The Dbacks organization is absolutely counting on that playoff money and that is what worries me here. Kendrick raises his payroll by like 50% and they are worse. The historics behind that aren't good. Is he going to pay Christian Walker to not make the playoffs? I am not confident.
Did you ever play baseball beyond Little League Chris? Serious question... I mean, you continue to paint EVERYTHING in black & white. Kendrick increases payroll and the team is worse... as if it can actually be that cut & dry. It's as if you just starting watching this team in the last couple of weeks and missed the first 5 months of the season (which I know is not the case)!

Stuff happened man... the sorta stuff that would make ANY TEAM worse, regardless of the $$ spent!
Professional sports are rarely black & white, especially baseball. Over 6 months and 162 games, there are an endless number of events that can often derail a team. Such is the case here... There is no other MLB team that has been dealt the hand the Dbacks have been dealt this year.
It's outrageously narrow-minded to simply say Kendrick spent more and the team is worse. IMHO, if Rodriguez, Montgomery, Kelly, Gallen, Walker, Marte, Moreno, Gurriel didn't miss as many games as they missed, this team wouldn't have been worse... the bullpen issues not-withstanding.

Sunchaser

Reaction score
Dbacks not playing tonight:

Ketel Marte
Gabby Moreno
Josh Bell

Stop saying they are playing their best players because they simply arent.
Torri wanting to "rest" Marte?? Not playing Bell or Moreno?? They need everyone "balls to wall" to win these remaining games!! They will all be "resting" here in another 11 games!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's outrageously narrow-minded to simply say Kendrick spent more and the team is worse. IMHO, if Rodriguez, Montgomery, Kelly, Gallen, Walker, Marte, Moreno, Gurriel didn't miss as many games as they missed, this team wouldn't have been worse... the bullpen issues not-withstanding.

This part here has little to do with Torey. My post was a criticism of ownership, not of the manager.

Do you honestly believe if we don't make the playoffs Kendrick keeps the payroll the same?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torri wanting to "rest" Marte?? Not playing Bell or Moreno?? They need everyone "balls to wall" to win these remaining games!! They will all be "resting" here in another 11 games!

It's only 1/3rd of the lineup. Nothing could be done. It's what it is.

You must be registered for see images attach

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe if we don't make the playoffs Kendrick keeps the payroll the same?
I think the payroll will be close to what we have today. The big unknowns are Walker and Montgomery.

Walker will be 34 at the start of next season... that's a very, very tough call to make. I'm not sure how many teams will pay Walker what he likely is hoping to get, given his age and the increased potential of him breaking down. We saw it happen this season. Is this season an anomaly or a sign of things to come?

As for Montgomery, I have to believe he'll exercise his player option...But, that doesn't mean he can't be traded. Of course, they Dbacks would likely get nothing in return, but I wouldn't argue with the team getting rid of that unproductive salary, IF Monty doesn't return to form at some point early in the year next season.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
11 games left… The guys will need to win a minimum of 7, more likely 8 as I don’t see the Mets cooling off and I don’t see the Braves continuing to suck…

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
With everything that is on the line in the remaining days of the regular season, it is beyond embarrassing for the DBacks to lose a series or be swept by a Rockies team with 93 losses to date. On a positive note, we've probably helped our Colorado friends avoid a 100 loss season. Huzzah!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
With everything that is on the line in the remaining days of the regular season, it is beyond embarrassing for the DBacks to lose a series or be swept by a Rockies team with 93 losses to date. On a positive note, we've probably helped our Colorado friends avoid a 100 loss season. Huzzah!
The Rockies are essentially playing 500 ball at home.
They suck for sure…. But they suck WAY LESS at home.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser