Arizona Diamondbacks @ Boston Red Sox Series thread. 08/23/24-08/25/24

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Is it a miracle or a testament to just how good we could be?
It’s a testament to the incredible effectiveness of the Hazen-Lovullo combination.
Hazen doesn’t have the $$ afforded to GM’s of the Dodgers, Yankees, Mets, Philly, Padres, etc… yet, he has routinely provided competitive talent via the farm and free agent signings. And Torey has been masterful (not perfect - no manager is) is bringing his teams together in hyper-connected and unified fashion, while making more than enough strategic and tactical decisions to keep the Dbacks relevant and post-season ready.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night was one of the most fun games I have ever watched. It wasn’t in doubt, great clutch hitting. Sharp pitching. Plus, Fenway park is always a great back drop.
We stranded so many batters last night, I really wasn't fully comfortable until we stretched the lead out. But yeah, it was a very fun game to watch against a team we've fared so poorly against in the past.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love our DBacks!! Rain or shine, the “shine” is so much more fun!
We moved from AZ to New Hampshire 2 years ago and still watch every game- we are lifetime fans….especially with Boston as the local team
Most of my wife's large family still live in New Hampshire. It took me years to get her to transfer her support from Boston sports teams to Arizona's but it's worth it so we can be miserable together.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a life-long Yankee fan (grew up 25 mins away from Yankee Stadium), a Boston beat-down NEVER gets old!!!
Alex and I went to Manhattan for nephews graduation from Columbia in May

Had an extra day so went to the game on Saturday. First ever visit to Yankee Stadium

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Alex and I went to Manhattan for nephews graduation from Columbia in May

Had an extra day so went to the game on Saturday. First ever visit to Yankee Stadium
I’m not much of a fan of the new stadium… feels more like a museum to me.
How’d you guys like it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05