Arizona Cardinals @ Buffalo Bills Pre Game Thread (no twitter links). 09/02/24-09/07/24

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To win this game we will have to run the ball, dominate TOP, plus 1 or 2 in turnovers and not settle for fg’s.

All that won’t happen.

Bills 26
Cards 17
:-(
I am just not buying this idea that the Bills are still an offensive juggernaut. I guess we will see.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Khalil Shakir is going in raw with no lube. I think 6 catches for 95 and 1-2 TDs. Probably 2.

He is the only WR on the roster who has caught passes from Allen and went 6 for 105 against Miami with Diggs out.
Shakir o3.5 rec and 70+ yards parlayed with Kincaid o5.5 rec and 70+ yards is +950 on DK.

If you think the Bills passing game is going to be consolidated and you think the Cardinals will continue to play their shell zone-defense. Obviously a long shot bet.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am just not buying this idea that the Bills are still an offensive juggernaut. I guess we will see.
It isn't that the Bills are an offensive juggernaut, it's that the Cardinals defense plays a soft shell zone and does not have a pass rush. Cook should be held in check. The problem is that Josh Allen is going to have tons of time on 3rd down and it will be tough for the Cardinals to get the Bills off the field.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
it's the cardinals - if we lose it won't be in the first half it'll be in the last 2 minutes - because it's much more traumatizing and will spark 10 X more endless debates - this is the way

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't that the Bills are an offensive juggernaut, it's that the Cardinals defense plays a soft shell zone and does not have a pass rush. Cook should be held in check. The problem is that Josh Allen is going to have tons of time on 3rd down and it will be tough for the Cardinals to get the Bills off the field.

This is my exact point and why I put out that "every target of Shakir" video. He is the zone eater / 3rd down bailout guy.

That was before 247 targets were vacated with David and Diggs leaving. Diggs had 154 targets. Whomever is his top guy is going to get a ton of work

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero
·
19m

The comeback continues: #Bills coach Sean McDermott told reporters that Damar Hamlin will start at safety in Sunday’s opener vs. Arizona. It’s the first start for Hamlin since his heart stopped on the field Jan. 2, 2023. Hamlin appeared in five games as a reserve last season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Tyler Drake
@Tdrake4sports
·
3m

Xavier Weaver is not expected to practice today as he continues to deal with an oblique issue, per Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon.
So our already devoid of talent edge room will lose the one rookie with some upside, possibly? No worries, we're only playing a QB called...*checks notes*...oh bloody hell.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Josh Weinfuss

@joshweinfuss

Does it feel like you blinked and the NFL season was upon you?
Yeah, Jonathan Gannon feels that way, too."It was like, what's that word? Warp speed or...I don't know.
It's just like, we started camp yesterday and we're sitting here today," he said.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky