Wk 2 LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game thread. 09/08/24-09/14/24

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t know how much more James Conner carries I can take

seacow

Reaction score
So, the dust has settled and I’ve had time to reflect on the game. Initially I was super frustrated during and immediately following the game. But with some thought I’m a little more optimistic with our woes. It’s also refreshing(?) to see so many people on the forum angry / upset over the result - we could have won it but it also shows this fan base is one made from passion, even if we don’t all agree at times…

I think what was clear to me was the game plan was to not to rely on the rookies, ie bleed them in. This was shown given limited snaps to melton and just the tip, plus the few targets aimed at MHJ. They may have been in physical shape for a game, but mentally they’re still learning. I also think Petzing is going to try and shield MHJ and not put the whole offence on his shoulders, hence why we kept trying to run the football rather than forcing the ball to MHJ. I have no concern for MHJ going forward. Personally think it’s smart to have a dynamic offence and not let MHJ be it whole - from my experience it doesn’t work as well.

Secondly, the defence was atrocious. No denying that. It’s clear MO is trying to build the team through the draft and we just haven’t had enough draft capital over the past two seasons to fill all the massive holes (the fact we’ve had so much draft capital yet still been unable to fill all the holes just shows how devoid of talent this team was). It’s also clear to me that we’re in year 2 of at least a 3 year plan. Year 3 will focus on defence which is mightily frustrating right now but long term I think it’s the correct decision. (Maybe I’m too optimistic with my rose tinted glasses…)

Thirdly, the injury to JW and the non- PI calls from the ref swung the momentum. But that’s sport. On another day we may have got those decisions (but we’re the cards so probs not… lol).

Anyway just my two pence on the game.

Ps come to Scotland if you ever get a chance, it’s beautiful right now in Edinburgh.

seacow

Reaction score
Doh… my previous post was meant to be in the Bills thread. Such a noob.

In regards to the Rams, since I’ve been a supporter of this team they’ve always had our number. It really would be nice to give some back to them.

Again maybe blind hope, but we have a fair chance of doing it this weekend I reckon given their injuries.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Johnny Venerable
@JohnnyVenerable
·
1h

The Arizona Cardinals are 2-13 all time against Sean McVay (2017-2023).They are currently favored over the LA Rams this Sunday.

What happened in the Keim/KK era is water under the bridge at this point. It doesn't really matter.

What does matter is that Monti/JG are currently 0-6 in the NFC west. They lost both games to the Rams last season by 17 and 23 points. They were not competitive in either game.

The easiest path to the playoffs is by winning the division. You can't win the division if you go 0-6 in it. At some point the Cardinals need to start winning division games. Getting blown out at home against the Rams would be a major setback.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What happened in the Keim/KK era is water under the bridge at this point. It doesn't really matter.

What does matter is that Monti/JG are currently 0-6 in the NFC west. They lost both games to the Rams last season by 17 and 23 points. They were not competitive in either game.

The easiest path to the playoffs is by winning the division. You can't win the division if you go 0-6 in it. At some point the Cardinals need to start winning division games. Getting blown out at home against the Rams would be a major setback.
I also think this franchise needs to rebuild credibility with their fan base. Blowing the home opener following consecutive 4-13 seasons isn't going to bring anyone back. Last year's Rams game was a desultory affair.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Can't win the division by going 6-0 in it either.
Raiders swept their division a few years back and the chefs still won it...

But we could win the division at 10-7, losing all division games and that Buffalo game.... assuming the other teams had worse records

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22