Lions at Cardinals gameday thread 9-22-24

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The defense isn't good, so yes, holding a team to 20--and especially scoring (though we were cheated of the score) is real gravy. That said, the D set the O up for failure time after time after time. Score isn't indicative of everything. But, I was expecting the D to be like this, as Monti did very little to fix it, so it is what it is.

How did it set them up to fail?

The D gave them the ball on the 35. They had a legit pick 6 robbed off them. Turned them over on downs twice and held them to 98 total yards on the first 6 drives of the 2nd half, with which our offense said "Thanks defense now let's punt, turnover on downs, punt, turnover on downs, punt and field goal".

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

The D gave them the ball on the 35. They had a legit pick 6 robbed off them. Turned them over on downs twice and held them to 98 total yards on the first 6 drives of the 2nd half, with which our offense said "Thanks defense now let's punt, turnover on downs, punt, turnover on downs, punt and field goal".
Team loss.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

How many times did the Lions drive far and pin us deep?

I've said it numerous times, that for our D, this was a good game. They are overall not good, so, for them, this is a good enough showing. It should have been enough to help the team win, yes. I just won't paper over the cracks of the D's failings in the game.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing Kyler under center as much this game and therefore not much play action passing. It seemed like a lot of pistol and shotgun formations. Not sure why Petzing decided to move away from the play action passing game which seemed to be very effective over the last few games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05