Bilal Nichols to IR

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Ehhh again injuries just can’t be accounted for especially when you lose 3/5 of you OL and 3/4 of your DL before week 7.
If we’re not adding depth and we’re not adding top-line talent what are we doing here?

LJ Collier lead the DL in snaps last week. More Naquan Jones please! Free Roy Lopez!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehhh again injuries just can’t be accounted for especially when you lose 3/5 of you OL and 3/4 of your DL before week 7.
I’m sorry but his D-Line FAs sucked when healthy, and considering how mediocre to bad most of his draft picks are, there’s no reason to believe Robinson would be any better.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
i gave Monti the benefit of the doubt in the offseason --

thinking that maybe Nichols and Justin Jones had some scheme specific skills that Gannon and staff were looking for --

but no, i think it was just bargain shopping for replacement level defensive linemen -- a concept that might work if they played next to Aaron Donald or Chris Jones, but not when they are the best player on the line
Great post. I understand the offseason hope, the need for the team to be heading the right direction. It just isn't.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can account for those players, mainly the DL, playing awful before week 7. Not bad, but awful.

He also deserves heat for going so CB heavy despite having nothing in the front 4. That’s not how you build a successful team.

Don’t shoot him bail for that.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
You can account for those players, mainly the DL, playing awful before week 7. Not bad, but awful.

He also deserves heat for going so CB heavy despite having nothing in the front 4. That’s not how you build a successful team.

Don’t shoot him bail for that.

You can have the best CBs in the world but if you can't move the opposing QB off his spot, those CBs will eventually get beat.

Ojulari and Robinson getting hurt sucks, but the lack of depth in front seven has been exposed, and our weak front seven is the main reason why we're losing (not the only reason, but the main reason).

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If we’re not adding depth and we’re not adding top-line talent what are we doing here?

LJ Collier lead the DL in snaps last week. More Naquan Jones please! Free Roy Lopez!
This is it for me too. It's the absolute risk-averse approach. We gave decent contracts to DL guys because they were healthy and ate snaps vs actually being good/talented. So, Monti's conservative approach sucks when his signings with rotation level talent don't produce and then don't stay healthy. You literally get minimal statistical production.

Low ceiling and low floor moves but paying mid level contracts for it. Skinny, sober Keim going full galaxy brain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22