11-12 playoffs

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wade should have been called for an offensive foul, and Rondo should have been shooting free throws with the smack in the head.

Rondo should have gotten freebies, but Garnett pushed on Wade before Wade made contact with the leg so I can't agree with the offensive foul call.

that being said, had Rondo made that shot, it would have been one of the sickest shots i've ever seen. dude looked like he changed the ball through both hands twice in mid-air.

good thing we didn't keep that pick back in the day.

and ain't no way this goes 7. it's probably over in 5.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rondo should have gotten freebies, but Garnett pushed on Wade before Wade made contact with the leg so I can't agree with the offensive foul call.

that being said, had Rondo made that shot, it would have been one of the sickest shots i've ever seen. dude looked like he changed the ball through both hands twice in mid-air.

good thing we didn't keep that pick back in the day.

and ain't no way this goes 7. it's probably over in 5.

I agree it doesn't go 7...maybe not even 5.

Disagree with the KG contact first, thus defensive foul. Wade led with the leg kickout and made contact with it. Even if a foul occurs by the defender, the offensive foul should be the one called because an offensive foul can create contact and often cause the contact. In this case, KG was going to foul him, but the refs can't assume that in flight. The problem was they were watching the ball and not the legs, which is perfectly understandable and happens a LOT. They didn't even caucus about it, either...nobody was looking at the legs. At the very least, if they had seen it they would have had a quick touch-base with each other to verify they were calling defensive, not offensive because it was very close in real time...but they didn't even look at each other, leading me to believe they were ball watching and missed the kick.

Oh well. I'm happy to see the Celtics lose in any fashion. I just wanted them to tire out the heat.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree it doesn't go 7...maybe not even 5.

Disagree with the KG contact first, thus defensive foul. Wade led with the leg kickout and made contact with it. Even if a foul occurs by the defender, the offensive foul should be the one called because an offensive foul can create contact and often cause the contact. In this case, KG was going to foul him, but the refs can't assume that in flight. The problem was they were watching the ball and not the legs, which is perfectly understandable and happens a LOT. They didn't even caucus about it, either...nobody was looking at the legs. At the very least, if they had seen it they would have had a quick touch-base with each other to verify they were calling defensive, not offensive because it was very close in real time...but they didn't even look at each other, leading me to believe they were ball watching and missed the kick.

Oh well. I'm happy to see the Celtics lose in any fashion. I just wanted them to tire out the heat.

I totally disagree. The second Wade went up, you can see Garnett's hand pushing on his hip and after that Wade did the leg kick. at worst, it's a 50/50 call and at home, 50/50 calls go to the home team.

you're just mad because LeBron is one step closer to maybe winning a ring and then you won't be able to bash him anymore. Don't worry... they gonna get crushed by San Antonio once they get there and then you can justifiably bash away again.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally disagree. The second Wade went up, you can see Garnett's hand pushing on his hip and after that Wade did the leg kick. at worst, it's a 50/50 call and at home, 50/50 calls go to the home team.

you're just mad because LeBron is one step closer to maybe winning a ring and then you won't be able to bash him anymore. Don't worry... they gonna get crushed by San Antonio once they get there and then you can justifiably bash away again.

Agree its a 50/50 call, but the refs didn't even see it.

And of course, LeBron doesn't deserve a ring. So there.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

This talk amazes me. Sad part is that 70% of America feels the same way.

The guy works his butt off, has a great work ethic, a great teammate yet people want to continue to bash him for leaving an AWFUL Cleveland franchise and going somewhere that he has a better chance.

The guy's only mistake was the celebration in Miami once he signed and he's owned up to it and admitted it as well.

Guys like Kobe who demanded trades immediately when the team started sucking "deserves" rings but guys like LeBron don't?

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
celtics got screwed. rondo should have been shooting at the line. then Wade, being the douche he is, led with his foot first. the way i see, lets say kg didnt extend and reach out, Wade still would have led with his foot first.

personally, i am getting more and more sick of these "stars" the nba makes them out to be. durant right now is the only true star who is really likable. The rest: melo,wade,lebron,kobe, griffin - all douches imo.

i dont really care what happens in the East, all and whoever comes out to the finals to face the spurs or thunder is already an inferior team. The spurs and thunder is the nba finals imo.

the way the heat are barely beating teams shows just how no so great they really are, yes i know bosch is missing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

deserve a ring... ha. He does if he wins one... especially if he's able to win one this post-season with one of his best players MIA for a good chunk of the playoffs, it'll be pretty tough to say he doesn't deserve it.

dude may not be very clutch, but you really can't slam any other part of his game with any basis in reality.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a douche and he's not a laker. Can't be the first without the latter and be ok in my book.

:p

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This talk amazes me. Sad part is that 70% of America feels the same way.

The guy works his butt off, has a great work ethic, a great teammate yet people want to continue to bash him for leaving an AWFUL Cleveland franchise and going somewhere that he has a better chance.

The guy's only mistake was the celebration in Miami once he signed and he's owned up to it and admitted it as well.

Guys like Kobe who demanded trades immediately when the team started sucking "deserves" rings but guys like LeBron don't?

Actually, I agree with you in part but it's not Lebron's only mistake. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with his antics on the U.S. team. Then, his popularity dropped to a new level when he had his grandstanding show where he announced his next destination. He handled that poorly as it was but since it came on the heels of a disappointing playoff run it was the final straw for many people.

Personally, I think it's amazing how polarized people are on this guy. I look at him in comparison to Kobe and again I'm amazed that Kobe rarely gets trashed and Lebron is frequently tossed to the wolves. Lebron may not be the greatest closer (understatement) but for the most part, he plays the game the right way and seems to be a very supportive teammate.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a douche and he's not a laker. Can't be the first without the latter and be ok in my book.

:p

Yeah, that surprised me too. I mean, what are the odds that someone could be a douche and NOT be a Laker?:D

Steve

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Haters fall in the same trap they've done for Kobe all these years. They hate the guy, but there's no denying he's a phenomenal basketball player. I don't like Lebron at all, and I don't WANT him to win a championship, but I'm not sure I'd say he doesn't DESERVE one if they do win it.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
IMO there is a huge difference between Kobe and LeBron.

Kobe chucks up shots, whines about everything, plays defense SOMETIMES and almost never passes the ball or defers when he should.

LeBron is the complete opposite.

The only thing Kobe has on LeBron is being more clutch.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
IMO there is a huge difference between Kobe and LeBron.

Kobe chucks up shots, whines about everything, plays defense SOMETIMES and almost never passes the ball or defers when he should.

LeBron is the complete opposite.

The only thing Kobe has on LeBron is being more clutch.
Kobe is also un-coachable; Phil Jackson threatened to leave for years, and did walk out at one point, due to Kobe's extreme selfishness. LeBron seems more eager to learn the game and get his team mates more involved -- it's not his fault Cleveland couldn't build a competent team around him -- otherwise he would easily have at least 1 ring right now. Both are great players, but I think LeBron plays with more of a passion because he has something to prove, while Kobe just plays to put up stats now.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't get it, why doesn't Doc Rivers just employ a "hack a Heat" and intentionally foul any Heat player and put em at the line?

Miami can't hit a FT to save their lives and right now their getting buckets when Boston isn't fouling.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kobe is also un-coachable; Phil Jackson threatened to leave for years, and did walk out at one point, due to Kobe's extreme selfishness. LeBron seems more eager to learn the game and get his team mates more involved -- it's not his fault Cleveland couldn't build a competent team around him -- otherwise he would easily have at least 1 ring right now. Both are great players, but I think LeBron plays with more of a passion because he has something to prove, while Kobe just plays to put up stats now.
Remember how the Cavs had the chance to get A'mare from us for just JJ Hickson?

The Cavs front office MADE LeBron leave...they pretty much gave him no other choice.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haters fall in the same trap they've done for Kobe all these years. They hate the guy, but there's no denying he's a phenomenal basketball player. I don't like Lebron at all, and I don't WANT him to win a championship, but I'm not sure I'd say he doesn't DESERVE one if they do win it.

The difference to me is that Lebron has an ego the size of Texas. I pretty much hate that and would like more humble guys to win titles. However, in todays NBA they prop up guys so much it's hard not to have an ego. I also agree with the above that LeBron is more of a team player and more complete player. He is definitely not clutch like Kobe and is a mental midget. I will give him credit for deferring to Wade in several games I have watched. So, basically I could care less if he ever wins one but I wouldn't go as far as saying I hope he doesn't.

In terms of Kobe, that guy not only has a huge ego but he is a terrible human being and a terrible teammate. We know what he did to his wife and IMO there is some validity to the hotel case. Also, I am hard pressed to find another Superstar player that has thrown more team mates under the bus then Kobe over his career. He is one guy that I wish had never won a title.

Every sports league if full of royal a$$hats but if they are great players they are going to probably win a title eventually if surrounded with enough talent.

Last edited:
OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stupid timeout by brooks with less than a minute to go. They were on a roll, durant was going. The timeout just let SA get their defense set.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good stuff. celtics tie the series up with the heat.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe being clutch is a total myth. He shoots a lower % in crunch time than Lebron.

Problem with clutch time stats is that they measure that based on the last moments of a game or last shot stats when tied.

That does not fully define if someone is clutch. Part of being clutch is going to a player when another team is making a run. Part of being clutch is when that said team is making a run and you put a dagger in that teams heart by sinking bucket after bucket.

Kobe has been clutch in many scenarios that don't relate to last minute shots. When the pressure is on Kobe is plenty clutch even if that doesn't translate into buzzer beaters. I can remember a ton of games where Kobe just put the Suns away in the 3rd quarter or start of the 4th. That is also part of being clutch. Going to said player to put a dagger in the other team.

LeBron displayed what he is capable of when the pressure is on during the last playoffs. He was a freaking mental midget. Wade was the best player during the playoffs for the Heat.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LeBron displayed what he is capable of when the pressure is on during the last playoffs. He was a freaking mental midget. Wade was the best player during the playoffs for the Heat.

this isn't totally true. LeBron was the best player of the entire ECF, making huge shot after huge shot against both Boston and Chicago while Wade struggled. Granted, he completely tortilla'd during the Finals, and Wade had three great games, but he was rather pedestrian in the other three, especially the last two once they were up 3-2.

Last edited:
OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
westbrook was totally out of his element again. too much over dribbling again and no ball movement. luckily harden picked up the slack.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That call Parker drew on Westbrook was aaaaaaaawful. On the last replay they showed they did the old "clip away and stop talking" when it becomes apparent the refs butchered something that badly. Not only did Westbrook not have space to move but he didnt even move for the contact that drew the foul, Parker literally "chinned" him in the shoulder, then threw himself backwards.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
That call Parker drew on Westbrook was aaaaaaaawful. On the last replay they showed they did the old "clip away and stop talking" when it becomes apparent the refs butchered something that badly. Not only did Westbrook not have space to move but he didnt even move for the contact that drew the foul, Parker literally "chinned" him in the shoulder, then threw himself backwards.
That's typical when you play the Spurs -- they have the cheapest tactics ever. You could tell the refs were doing everything in their power to keep the Spurs in the game, especially the last 3 min, it was pathetic. OKC is going to destroy them by 20+ at home. Just hope Crawford isn't officiating the game, otherwise the Spurs 'might' have a chance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05