11-12 playoffs

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty sickening calls here. Oh whoever was complaining about Perkins screens sure loves Duncans

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game was over at the start of the second half. Crawford sucks ****.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Maybe I'm biased because I hate the Spurs, but everytime I watch them it seems the Refs will ALWAYS give them calls to get them back in the game, and call BS charges on the other team to keep them in the lead. Harden got an offensive foul for raising his shoulder to Ginobli -- Ginobli does the exact same thing to Harden and Harden gets the foul again. Complete bs.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I am surprised that Harden doesn't get called more often for offensive fouls. He is out of control so much of the time when he drives the lane. He looks like a bull in a china shop. It's laughable.

That's coming from an ASU grad. Just not overly impressed.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Joe Crawford (as discussed earlier in this very thread) is probably the dirtiest official in the league. If a team is getting the shaft in the playoffs look around and you'll probably see ol Joe at the base of the pole.

That last charging call on Westbrook was a crock, not only does Duncan come across and hit Westbrook in the air, but for it to be a charge the defender (Neal on that play) needs to be set BEFORE the offensive player leaves his feet, and Westbrook got undercut really bad.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Personally, I am surprised that Harden doesn't get called more often for offensive fouls. He is out of control so much of the time when he drives the lane. He looks like a bull in a china shop. It's laughable.

That's coming from a bitter fan of the Lakers. Just not overly impressed.

fixed

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Crawford (as discussed earlier in this very thread) is probably the dirtiest official in the league. If a team is getting the shaft in the playoffs look around and you'll probably see ol Joe at the base of the pole.

That last charging call on Westbrook was a crock, not only does Duncan come across and hit Westbrook in the air, but for it to be a charge the defender (Neal on that play) needs to be set BEFORE the offensive player leaves his feet, and Westbrook got undercut really bad.

yeah, but that's not because Crawford is trying to help one team or another. It's because the referees in general do a terrible job of calling charges. They are just just far too liberal with the charging calls, and if I was David Stern it would be my number one priority for the referees going into next year.

On that particular play the defender (can't remember who it was now) was still moving in front of Westbrook when they made contact. There's just no way that should have been a charge It's like the only thing the referee was looking at was the defender's feet and the circle. But even if he had been set just before the moment of contact that's too late. The defender should be set long enough so the offensive player could have avoided the contact. And yes, I do realize we have players on the Phoenix Suns who excelled at this kind of "defense". I still don't like it.

I don't know whether they should get rid of the circle so referees will stop concentrating solely on that. I think they should start working together on those calls, so the guy on the baseline is watching the feet and one of the other referees is determining whether that defender was set and in position early enough. I'm not sure, but they need to do something. What they are doing right now is discouraging players from going to the basket and risking the health of those that do.

Joe

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That's coming from an ASU grad. Just not overly impressed.

If there's anyone that's more out of control it's Manu.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
If there's anyone that's more out of control it's Manu.
Manu is easily the worst -- he purposely runs into a defender and immediately flops to get every call. Harden was driving in the lane and getting hit repeatedly on the way to the basket, but gets no call. Manu runs into the defender and flails his arms and gets the call every single time -- it's ridiculous to watch.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
give the ball to durant, westbrook looks mentally doomed already at the start here. he's doing that weird quick push-shot, if that makes any sense. and durant is wasting too much energy trying to post up leonard. give him the ball and let him create/score.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Spurs offense is ran so smooth compared to OKC offense.

you can see the difference when harden and fisher run the second unit offense. they execute better, wait for screens and use them well, cut better etc.
westbrook didn't wait for screens or either didn't utilize them.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
you can see the difference when harden and fisher run the second unit offense. they execute better, wait for screens and use them well, cut better etc.
westbrook didn't wait for screens or either didn't utilize them.
Plus Westbrook is just dribbling the ball way too much.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
its funny how no fouls get called when he goes "straight up", like there at the end of the half when westbrook went in.

but on the opposite end, duncan gets the call when Ibaka does the same thing at the 51sec mark he gets a foul called.

i feel the frustration thunder.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lebron finally manned up and took the last 2 shots to end the 4th qtr, OT.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the Wade and1 play at 59.7sec left in OT is ridiculous, an obvious carry.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The Heat would be unstoppable if it could make its free throws on a consistent basis.

Should have never gone to OT, much less had the Celtics in the game at all.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wade should have been called for an offensive foul, and Rondo should have been shooting free throws with the smack in the head.

And can't stand the Celtics.

However, I want this series to go seven so the Heat are tired and get whomped in the finals.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
However, I want this series to go seven so the Heat are tired and get whomped in the finals.

Won't happen. Tonight was the Celtic's opportunity to gain momentum in the series and blew it. A team as collectively old as they cannot afford to go into OT with its point guard playing 53 minutes and lose. This one might as well have counted for two because I cannot see the Celtics rebounding from this defeat.

Heat are taking the series in 5.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05