15 thoughts - Chargers game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry for not doing this column last week. I had too many other things to take care of. I thought I would include 15 thoughts this week instead.

-------------------

1 – What a great game! Hard, tough, fighting for every yard. Instead of the high octane-pass happy-nonsense where both teams have 20 drives in a game. These physical, high intensity games are much more entertaining.

2 – James Connor is perfect for the scheme.

3 – Wonderful special teams play. Field position is huge, and every Chargers drive started inside their 20-yard line.

4 – Imagine if the Chargers had scored early on a turnover, after last week’s destruction in Green Bay. Could have been a very different game. Thank God for James Connor and Michael Wilson.

5 – All season the receivers have not been helping Murray. Got to make those difficult catches.

6 – We are starting to see why Chad Ryland was a fourth-round pick, which is not exactly normal for a kicker. 6 of 7 field goals made, including two game winners.

7 – Humiliation of Max Melton in the second half.

8 – I will defer to Bach on this one, as he knows more about offensive line-play, but I thought that Trystan Colon played pretty well, especially on run plays.

9 – Waaaaaay too many pass plays where the defensive line is basically irrelevant. No pressure at all.

10 – I wholeheartedly disagree with Petzing and Murray that they shouldn’t force the ball to Harrison, but I also think it is an incorrect view. Harrison has the second most targets on the offense (trailing McBride with two targets), and only in two games a WR has been targeted more times than Harrison. And for comparison, he has more targets than players such as Ja’Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, and Brandon Aiyuk had through six games of their rookie year. And significantly more than Rome Odunze, who he was rated at an almost equal level with before the draft. It’s more that Harrison has been a bust so far. No other way to put it.

11 – They still haven’t scored a touchdown after forcing a turnover this season.

12 – How do you fail on two tush push-plays in a row? I mean, forget about the play call. How do you screw it up twice?

13 – Dante Stills was a great draft pick. I don’t know the stats, but it is pretty obvious that he is their most (and only?) talented defensive lineman.

14 – The season is very much alive for the Cards. Now is the time for Ossenfort to strike a deal for a great defensive lineman or edge rusher.

(And now I also see the horrible news about Gardeck, which just makes the point even more important).

15 – Connor broke ten tackles throughout the game. Wow.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
8 – I will defer to Bach on this one, as he knows more about offensive line-play, but I thought that Trystan Colon played pretty well, especially on run plays.

I noticed that as well. Looked like Colon didn't play as crappy as I was expecting.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#2. Why isn’t our play action taking advantage of the threat Connor brings?#14. It’s been mentioned to “ be patient”. But do we have to wait until March to improve this roster? Either
1. Monti isn’t to smart or
2. Bidwill has the pocketbook locked up.
I chose number 2.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan