1998 home vs Cowboys

seesred

Reaction score
Just watched this game over and now that it's kind of quite how about a look back. Plummer before they brainwashed him no huddle offense in the 3 & 4 quarters. Cowboys score first 21 points i this national televised game with a sold out SD stadium. Blimps above we stand at 5-4 and first place is on the line Boys are at 6-4. Emitt looks great and Troy boy throws for 14 straight completions. WE had Aneas, Knight, Tillman(great to see him alive I still can't picture him ever dieing), J. Miller, Wadsworth, Rice, Mark Smith, Irving had caught a pass in I believe 120 straight games since 1990 Williams has shut him down the big Zero.28-7, 28-14, 35-14, 35-21, 35-28, less than a minute we get the ball back, Moore makes a great catch and gets to the 3 if he was a little faster, but no. The crowd is on it's feet, 9 seconds a pass in the middle to Metcalf just high. 1 more throw, Jake sprints right sees Moore but Rob is manhandled in the end zone and the ref never makes the call. Madden repeats it 3-4 times and is besides himself, Jake is after the Refs pleading what all 74K saw.
We didn't win that day but it did set up our play off win in Dallas as pay back.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
What a fantastic game, all looked lost at half but that team was so damn resilient, could never make it look easy.

denverbirdfan

thanks for flying
Reaction score
i was there. great comeback by plummer and the cards. moore got MAULED in the endzone - i was so pissed!

brandon

Rookie
Reaction score
Yea I have the '98 season yearbook for the Cards on video and they spend about ten minutes on that game. No question that last pass was pass interference- no question at all. I just kick myself when I watch Moore catch it and run to the 3 or 2 yrd line, to set up the following disappointing play- if only he had made it. Ahhhh, '98 :cool:

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
In hindsight that game was the turning point of that season...besides the Cards won the game vs. the Pokes that really mattered that year :D

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
seesred said:
Just watched this game over and now that it's kind of quite how about a look back. Plummer before they brainwashed him no huddle offense in the 3 & 4 quarters. Cowboys score first 21 points i this national televised game with a sold out SD stadium. Blimps above we stand at 5-4 and first place is on the line Boys are at 6-4. Emitt looks great and Troy boy throws for 14 straight completions. WE had Aneas, Knight, Tillman(great to see him alive I still can't picture him ever dieing), J. Miller, Wadsworth, Rice, Mark Smith, Irving had caught a pass in I believe 120 straight games since 1990 Williams has shut him down the big Zero.28-7, 28-14, 35-14, 35-21, 35-28, less than a minute we get the ball back, Moore makes a great catch and gets to the 3 if he was a little faster, but no. The crowd is on it's feet, 9 seconds a pass in the middle to Metcalf just high. 1 more throw, Jake sprints right sees Moore but Rob is manhandled in the end zone and the ref never makes the call. Madden repeats it 3-4 times and is besides himself, Jake is after the Refs pleading what all 74K saw.
We didn't win that day but it did set up our play off win in Dallas as pay back.
NFL refs are the worst freaking losers in pro-sports. They need to fire them all and start with full time young refs who take ethics tests. And are fit. And train all year or put everything to review then!
Sickening!!!!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smith was never turned towards the ball on this play.

You must be registered for see images

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I could tell you dozens of stories about blown ref calls. I know the Vikes blown calls the best. Like on the FG that Anderson missed in 98 he was contacted!!! Or in 1975 vs DAL two fouls on the last play were ignored. I have Sunday ticket and when I flip channels on commercials I see blown calls all the time and I am not even watching the games full through. A guy runs a site catalouging the blown calls by the NFL amateur out of shape inconsistent incompetent unethical refs called something like Walt Coleman Sux :mad:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
I was there at that game. That was my second year having my season tickets with the Cards. It was a sold out game full of cowpukes fans everywhere. Good game but in the end we were rob. :thumbdown:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Smith was never turned towards the ball on this play.

You must be registered for see images

Smith flat out jumped on Moore as soon as possible. The absolute worst call in Cardinal history.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
Smith flat out jumped on Moore as soon as possible. The absolute worst call in Cardinal history.
oh well we got our revenge by knocking them out of the playoffs

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
oh well we got our revenge by knocking them out of the playoffs

True, but that play still has me upset. :mad:

If not for that we wouldn't have come down to the SD game. I'll have to look but I think we would have won the NFC East and had the bye. I'm off to check.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:

If not for that we wouldn't have come down to the SD game. I'll have to look but I think we would have won the NFC East and had the bye. I'm off to check.
Still gets to me too but knowing we beat them on their home field and knocking them off the playoff makes the bitter taste left in my mouth seem sweet.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
What an atmosphere that the game had too. The Endzones were painted with the AZ flag with a Card in the middle if I remember right, the 50 yard line was also painted. I cannot wait til we get that again!

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Still gets to me too but knowing we beat them on their home field and knocking them off the playoff makes the bitter taste left in my mouth seem sweet.

Just checked and maybe the only difference would have been a home game. Still it's a game we should have had. I was in Denver at the time but how sweet would a home playoff game be?

I hope we get one this year.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
Just checked and maybe the only difference would have been a home game. Still it's a game we should have had. I was in Denver at the time but how sweet would a home playoff game be?

I hope we get one this year.

That's my hope every year.

I want at least one home playoff game in that sweat box before the new stadium opens. Is that asking for too much?

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
That's my hope every year.

I want at least one home playoff game in that sweat box before the new stadium opens. Is that asking for too much?

No. It's asking what we deserve.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:

I wouldn't trade that SD game for anything in the world - Do you even remember how freaking awesome that was - everything that season happened for a reason and I'm glad we lost that game because it made the ride into the playoffs and the acual victory a thousand times sweeter.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I wouldn't trade that SD game for anything in the world - Do you even remember how freaking awesome that was - everything that season happened for a reason and I'm glad we lost that game because it made the ride into the playoffs and the acual victory a thousand times sweeter.

Unfortunately no. I wasn't here in person. I'm sure it was as sweet as what I watched on TV but my wife agreed to airline tickets to attend a home playoff game. That didn't happen. I'm still upset about it.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if every season the Cards had meaningful games. Games that mean something, making the playoffs, winning in the playoffs and maybe the ultimate prize. :thumbup: That is what the fans in Minne don't get! If your team is not making the playoffs it means nothing. It was a season long exhibition season - end of story.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Wouldn't it be nice if every season the Cards had meaningful games. Games that mean something, making the playoffs, winning in the playoffs and maybe the ultimate prize. :thumbup: That is what the fans in Minne don't get! If your team is not making the playoffs it means nothing. It was a season long exhibition season - end of story.

Well, Hopefully your coaching god will bring that to us. We still need a season to buy into the program. After all, we did have Buddy Ryan. :rolleyes:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I remember that game like it was yesterday. When Jacke kicked the ball it seemed like everybody was holding their breath. ahh memory.

Last edited:

Mel Gray TD

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to see that game replayed on NFL Network sometime. Have they shown any Cardinal stuff? I saw Rich Eisen interview Marcel Shipp the other night. (Tuesday) :wave:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel Gray TD said:
I would like to see that game replayed on NFL Network sometime. Have they shown any Cardinal stuff? I saw Rich Eisen interview Marcel Shipp the other night. (Tuesday) :wave:

The showed the 1998 Cardinal Yearbook. It was great, as I hadn't become a hardcore Cards fan until after that season

NFL Network is the best thing on television.

A-Bomb

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05