2003 Predictions

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was wondering where the "Arizona Cardinals Official Crackhouse" was (insert David Boston joke here;) ). 11-5, 10-6 and a bunch of 9-7. I guess it is true about contact buzzes. Sorry, but How you go from 5-11 to 11-5 in one year when almost every hole your team had is still a hole and you have only upgraded in 2 positions (arguably) is beyond me.

Sorry to sound pessimistic but I was saying 7-9 all last year (and abused for it) and I really wasn't even close. We don't even have an entire roster yet and we are predicting 11-5? 10-6? Easy boys. Optimism is great but how can you be taken seriously when the team isn't even built yet?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
I was wondering where the "Arizona Cardinals Official Crackhouse" was (insert David Boston joke here;) ). 11-5, 10-6 and a bunch of 9-7. I guess it is true about contact buzzes. Sorry, but How you go from 5-11 to 11-5 in one year when almost every hole your team had is still a hole and you have only upgraded in 2 positions (arguably) is beyond me.

Sorry to sound pessimistic but I was saying 7-9 all last year (and abused for it) and I really wasn't even close. We don't even have an entire roster yet and we are predicting 11-5? 10-6? Easy boys. Optimism is great but how can you be taken seriously when the team isn't even built yet?

HE'S NEM! HE'S NEM! HE'S NEM! Oh wait a second - he's just sane.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Hey Beef- Kwammi was on that team that lost 17-3.

I think you illustrated very well, that defense wins in the playoffs. If you agree like me, that 98 was the best defense we've had here in AZ, then you can't blame the 4 years after that, all on Jake, can you?

The drug offender is in Diego, and the liar will be gone soon.

Where do you get "lack of commitment?"

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Hey Beef- Kwammi was on that team that lost 17-3.

I think you illustrated very well, that defense wins in the playoffs. If you agree like me, that 98 was the best defense we've had here in AZ, then you can't blame the 4 years after that, all on Jake, can you?

The drug offender is in Diego, and the liar will be gone soon.

Where do you get "lack of commitment?"

First, if you notice the distinction of young Kwammiev. old Kwammie - next, I want Kwammie ass gone to as he had turned into a cancer on this team. 2nd, Lack of commitment was a bit harsh - but for someone who was supposed to be a "leader" - to not participate in off-season workouts here raises an eyebrow as far as I'm concerned. Look, I loved Jake when his first three years - even the broken pinky year - and started to come back to him in 2001 - I can admit that - I actually think that the finger injury still affects him. Just the other day, I popped in the 35-28 loss to the Boys in '98 (the huge comeback BS Pass Interference Non-Call on Kevin Smith) and Plummer, while throwing a horrible pick to Deion, was floating passes perfectly over Frank Sanders shoulder on the run and over Rob Moore's shoulder in the end zone. However, I noticed something there also - teams LBs weren't picking off that slant yet and Plummer never learned to look recievers off - AH, screw it, Jake's gone, let's stop the argument once and for all and just say LET'S GO CARDS IN 2003.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Beef- that cowgirl game with the no call, was that the same game that Michael Irvin threw Aeneas out of bounds just before he caught a touchdown pass? I can't tell you how pissed I was that day.

I don't think the Jake talk will go away till next year. But that's just my opinion.

Let's go Cards in 2003!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Beef- that cowgirl game with the no call, was that the same game that Michael Irvin threw Aeneas out of bounds just before he caught a touchdown pass? I can't tell you how pissed I was that day.

I don't think the Jake talk will go away till next year. But that's just my opinion.

Let's go Cards in 2003!

No - in the no-call game - Aeneas held Irvin without a catch - CATCHLESS! It was the only game in the history of the team they did something cool with the endzones, going with the Arizona Flag/Cardinal endzone - man those endzones were cool.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
No - in the no-call game - Aeneas held Irvin without a catch - CATCHLESS! It was the only game in the history of the team they did something cool with the endzones, going with the Arizona Flag/Cardinal endzone - man those endzones were cool.

Those endzones were damn cool.

I thought Irvin's no-catch game was the playoff game? I dunno...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Those endzones were damn cool.

I thought Irvin's no-catch game was the playoff game? I dunno...

it might have been - but I literally just watched that game two days ago - Not one catch. Loved the endzones - walking into the stadium and seeing that made me feel like it was Christmas - AND I'M JEWISH!

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Oh you eternal optimists....I love to see the twinkle in your naive April eyes :D

@Detriot - L (whens the last time the cards had a road opening win?)
Seattle - L
Green Bay - W
@St. Louis - L
@Dallas - W
Baltimore - W
San Fran - L
Cincy - W
@Pittsburgh - L
@Cleveland - L
St. Louis - L
@Chicago - L
@San Fran - L
Carolina - L
@Seattle - L
Minnesota - W

5-11

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Beef is Jewish???

Oy vay.

Okay - what is that all about Lex? Is there something wrong with being Jewish? Explain yourself because you are about to enter a whole nother level of argument.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I have eight games that the Cards are almost definately going to lose, just looking over real quick: GB, @ STL, BAL, @ PIT, STL, CAR, @ SEA, MIN.

That gives, at best, an 8-8 season. I'd be shocked if the Cards win vs. GB. I think it might be a high-scoring game against two teams that don't have a D, but the Home Field advantage for the Pack will push them over.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Okay - what is that all about Lex? Is there something wrong with being Jewish? Explain yourself because you are about to enter a whole nother level of argument.

hence the moniker "CHEESEBEEF"...... Having a little problem with the whole Kosher thing are we?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Head over to the Everything Board. Coyote Tony hangs over there. He dislikes Catholics...I am sure he dislikes Jewish people too.:rolleyes:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Head over to the Everything Board. Coyote Tony hangs over there. He dislikes Catholics...I am sure he dislikes Jewish people too.:rolleyes:

I know of Coyote Tony - I think he probably goes out at night with a white sheet on his head.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
and just when i thought the 'beef and lex were playin' nice the religion card gets pulled . . .

(btw - i'm pretty sure the oy vey was meant in jest)

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I know of Coyote Tony - I think he probably goes out at night with a white sheet on his head.

I think he does that at Church lockins. Trying to lure them under for a treat...

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by LVCARDFREAK
Oh you eternal optimists....I love to see the twinkle in your naive April eyes :D

@Detriot - L (whens the last time the cards had a road opening win?)
Seattle - L
Green Bay - W
@St. Louis - L
@Dallas - W
Baltimore - W
San Fran - L
Cincy - W
@Pittsburgh - L
@Cleveland - L
St. Louis - L
@Chicago - L
@San Fran - L
Carolina - L
@Seattle - L
Minnesota - W

5-11

@Detriot - W (Now we can score on the opening drive.)
Seattle - W
Green Bay - W
@St. Louis - L
@Dallas - W
Baltimore - W
San Fran - W
Cincy - W
@Pittsburgh - L
@Cleveland - W
St. Louis - W
@Chicago - W
@San Fran - L
Carolina - L
@Seattle - L
Minnesota - W

11-5

You had us being swept by all three division oponents and I think we will split even. Detroit is very winnable. You also had us beating GB and then losing to Cleveland, Chicago and Carolina? I say we split those too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
@Detriot - W (Now we can score on the opening drive.)
Seattle - W
Green Bay - W
@St. Louis - L
@Dallas - W
Baltimore - W
San Fran - W
Cincy - W
@Pittsburgh - L
@Cleveland - W
St. Louis - W
@Chicago - W
@San Fran - L
Carolina - L
@Seattle - L
Minnesota - W

11-5

You had us being swept by all three division oponents and I think we will split even. Detroit is very winnable. You also had us beating GB and then losing to Cleveland, Chicago and Carolina? I say we split those too.

Come on now - look back at what you wrote and then look at the talent level of this team and it's glaring holes that as of now will cripple both the offense and defense - and you're gonna tell me WE ARE GOING TO START OFF 7-1? wait, better yet - 10-2???!!! Come on, man, I know we root for this team, but have some objectivity! 10-2?

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Come on now - look back at what you wrote and then look at the talent level of this team and it's glaring holes that as of now will cripple both the offense and defense - and you're gonna tell me WE ARE GOING TO START OFF 7-1? wait, better yet - 10-2???!!! Come on, man, I know we root for this team, but have some objectivity! 10-2?

Look at that schedule! Our toughest opponents are in our own division other than Pitt. and teams thet get on a roll stay there more often than not. A healthy team can do it and our depth is more able to cover the inevitable knicks and bruises. I don't see the glaring holes on the offense you do. I think the unit is coming together very well. Also Holliday will be added soon and Bryant has a year under him. This team is much better than last year. Shoot, How much better will it be when we score on the opening drive instead of an Int or fumbled behind the back pass? That one thing alone makes a huge difference in how a game plays out. 11-5 is very possible. And yes it takes back to back to back wins to get there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
beefboy, ya beat me to the punch. i was incredulous at the 7-1, i didn't even get as far to figure out the 10-2. that's just nutso baby, NUTSO! LIKE NUTSO THE CLOWN. YEAH YER FUNNY, BUT FUNNY HA-HA NOT FUNNY HA-HA-WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

(beef, find out what that boy's on and get a LOT of it for coachella YEEEEEAAHHHH BOOOOOOYYYYY!)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
Look at that schedule! Our toughest opponents are in our own division other than Pitt. and teams thet get on a roll stay there more often than not. A healthy team can do it and our depth is more able to cover the inevitable knicks and bruises. I don't see the glaring holes on the offense you do. I think the unit is coming together very well. Also Holliday will be added soon and Bryant has a year under him. This team is much better than last year. Shoot, How much better will it be when we score on the opening drive instead of an Int or fumbled behind the back pass? That one thing alone makes a huge difference in how a game plays out. 11-5 is very possible. And yes it takes back to back to back wins to get there.

You don't see the glaring holes on offense? You don't see the combined 700 yards of experience between all of our WRs as glaring holes? Oh and Holliday will be added soon - right, I forgot we're the Cardinals and players never take less money to play elsewhere as opposed to playing for this proud organization - and Brynat has a year udner his belt - RIGHT - I also forgot how much better all of our D-lineman have gotten under Mean Joe Greene's tutelage. I'm sorry man - but to think that, as it is right now, we are looking at the team that basically went 1-9 to end the season, but with Jeff Blake at Qb - to me that doesn't equal SIX more victories! I agree with 4LIFE - pass whatever it is your smoking - seems to me like it's better tha anything I found in Amsertdam!