2009 San Francisco 49ers "Season" thread!!

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have to believe in Karma, my friend. If he goes lower, he'll have a good season and be a solid player. If he goes too high, the Football Gods will confer "Bust" status upon his pointy anointed head. :D
Good point......for some reason Mike Williams namekeeps coming up in my head.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
49ers aren't the only ones facing a test. Conventional wisdom says the 49ers are facing their first big test of the season in heading to face Adrian Peterson, Brett Favre and the Vikings in Minneapolis. Let's flip it around for a minute. The 49ers opened the regular season with a victory over the NFC champs on the road. They beat another division opponent in Week 2. The Vikings, meanwhile, have faced only the Browns and Lions. The pressure is off the 49ers in this game. They can win it and they know it.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/5729/nfc-west-final-word-2
:thumbup:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Crap.......Fox is showing Falcons/Patriots over here in Las Cruces. (Dish):mulli:
Looks like I'll be at the bar tomorrow watching this game. :cheers::beer:
Im pumped!:rockon:

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Crap.......Fox is showing Falcons/Patriots over here in Las Cruces. (Dish):mulli:
Looks like I'll be at the bar tomorrow watching this game. :cheers::beer:
Im pumped!:rockon:
With the Bears playing later, I'm likely to get the game here.

I have a flag football game to coach, but I'll just DVR it if we do get it. Hopefully the 49ers surprise me and end up winning this one. Go Niners! ;)

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
With the Packers and Vikings playing at that time slot we get one noon game and it's Kansas City @Philadelphia... WTH??? :mad:

Looks like I'll be heading out too if I want to watch it. A lot of Vikings fans in the area tho(obviously), so I might just miss this one.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With the Packers and Vikings playing at that time slot we get one noon game and it's Kansas City @Philadelphia... WTH??? :mad:
At the Bar I was at.......The Kansas City fans stop cheering for the Chiefs mid way through the second quarter....and started cheering for the 49ers.......
:biglaugh:

49ers were going nuts with 1:00 minute to play.....My reaction to fellow 49ers at the bar.-->:shock::grabs::beer::shock:.:D

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
At the Bar I was at.......The Kansas City fans stop cheering for the Chiefs mid way through the second quarter....and started cheering for the 49ers.......
:biglaugh:

49ers were going nuts with 1:00 minute to play.....My reaction to fellow 49ers at the bar.-->:shock::grabs::beer::shock:.:D
I decided to save myself some trouble and not go out to watch it. Looks like it went about the way I predicted it would tho.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Matt Maiocco reporting that the locker room atmosphere is very good.:thumbup:
Frank Gore sustained a ankle strain, not sprain.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Even after being told that the media was able to hear every word, he decided to make sure that every word could be heard.[/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']"I don't want to see you looking at the floor!" he barked, while at the other end of the tunnel Brett Favre was basking in the glory of his game-winning 32-yard prayer-and-a-half to Lewis, the Vikings' fourth receiver. "You didn't steal nothing! You didn't do anything wrong! We will see them again! In the playoffs! Hold your heads up! Don't you look down at the floor for nobody! You have nothing to be looking down at the floor about! Pick your heads up, put your shoulders back and let's rock!"[/FONT]
[/FONT]

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/28/SPCD19TL72.DTL
:notworthy

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Parker is just trying to save face......next year everybody will find out if he is a moron or a genius.

Uncapped year next year - perhaps he's not blowing smoke after all - I could see an idiot owner or GM way overpaying for him for a 1 year contract.

Of course, there's the other issue I heard somewhere - incentives are paid in the offseason, so there's a real possibility that if Crabtree signs next year, and there's a lockout (god forbid) the year after, it could be a total of 3 years before Crabtree's big payout comes to him.

Personally, I hope he DIAF.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Booooooooooooooooooooooo....they're showing cowboys/broncos in Las Cruces.:mulli:
Guess I'm going to have to see the game at a Bar again.:beer::grabs:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score