2009 San Francisco 49ers "Season" thread!!

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
His value for the team continues to diminish with every practice he misses - every game against an NFC West opponent he misses. Crabtree's mentor, Deion Sanders, said Crabtree does not need the money. He said he believes the rookie is prepared to sit out his entire first season in the NFL.. But if Crabtree doesn't need the money, then why does he continue to sit out in hopes of gaining a few extra million dollars that Sanders said he didn't need in the first place?
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers...-salvage-something-with-springtime-trade.html
:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The one rumor that Dilfer said he could put to rest was that Crabtree didn't want to sign a contract because he was hiding a lingering foot injury. "That's garbage," Dilfer said. "He's perfectly healthy. ... He looked good. He looked very fit."
Crabtree is now on Day 45 of his contract impasse. If he does not sign by Saturday, he will lose his Week One game check. More importantly, the standoff is starting to get into the realm where the 49ers might begin lowering their offer - believed to be 5 years for $20 million total with $16 million guaranteed
One, that Crabtree is healthy, working out and plans to hit the ground running when he does sign a contract. This is certainly reading tea leaves, but it doesn't seem that a receiver who is hunkering down for a six-month holdout would be seeking out former NFL quarterbacks for a game of catch. And two, it tells us that Crabtree is in the Bay Area, an indication that he still plans to sign with the 49ers.
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblog...ilfer-crabtree.html?mi_rss=49ers Blog and Q&A

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Of course. The way Coffee is playing they may not need him to. ;)
cool....its my new sig.:D

Niners lounge: Aye, there's the rub
I should be churning out a blog right now but it's hard to get motivated because I'm soooo relaxed. See, I just took a tour of the 49ers' new expanded players' lounge, which is complete with not one, but TWO, deluxe massage chairs. And frankly, I took my sweet timing "reporting" while built-in sensors adjusted for my frame and then detected my most tender spots.
No, the new lounge doesn't compare to that of, say, the New York Yankees. But it's a whole lot fancier than the previous lounge, which, if memory serves consisted of a small room, two tables and a few cereal dispensers. The new one is 1,500 square feet -- the 49ers are in the midst of expanding their entire headquarters - has five flat-screen televisions, a dozen leather sofas and recliners, computers for surfing the internet and is, well, a better place to lounge around.
Two of the flat screens are dedicated to video games and Lord knows there are a lot of "gamers" who read this blog. While one video screen seems to be set up for the game "Rock Band" - there's a drum set in front of it - the other is dedicated, appropriately, to sports. Among the games next to the console are "Fight Night," "Tiger Woods' PGA Tour" and, yes, "Madden NFL."
The lounge, of course, has Jed York's touch. Since taking over the day-to-day operations, York has been striving for an Eddie D-ification of the operation. That is, he wants to make players feel special, like they did during the team's glory days. Now if only York would install a massage chair in the media trailer ...
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblog...iners-lounge-a.html?mi_rss=49ers Blog and Q&A
:raccoon:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wont be at the game this Sunday........me and my dad are remodeling his house.....gave the tickets to my sister and her husband.:mad::mulli:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
after tonight Crabtree starts losing paychecks...should be interesting to see if/when he signs.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Of course, there also are reasons to think that no contact has taken place with other teams and that Crabtree isn't planning to sit out the season.
1.) Sanders may indeed have been talking out of his you-know-what as he didn't seem to know that the deadline to trade Crabtree had passed.
2.) Hold outs are a standard part of Parker's playbook. If you're trying to figure out why Crabtree is holding out, perhaps you need to look no farther than his agent.
3.) It's hard to imagine that Crabtree wants to hold out the season. Remember, the guy was champing at the bit to practice with the team this spring and even incurred the wrath of Mike Singletary when he tried to get in a few practice reps. In speaking with people who know him, it's clear he is incredibly competitive. Could he stand sitting out the season?
4.) Crabtree is living in the South Bay. That has always seemed to be one of the biggest clues that he eventually intends to sign with the 49ers.
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblog...try-to-control.html?mi_rss=49ers Blog and Q&A

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Woot! 49ers are already winning without stepping on the field today!
Carolina losing 31-10!
Keep it up Jake Delhomme!:thumbup:

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Woot! 49ers are already winning without stepping on the field today!
Carolina losing 31-10!
Keep it up Jake Delhomme!:thumbup:
What does that have to do with the 49ers winning anything? Draft picks?
:confused:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will post nothing more about Crabtree.
He will sit....the niners will use the extra money on free agency next offseason. :)

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Off Topic a Bit:

Spotted at the Yard House at Westgate - a 9er fan wearing a Crabtree #15 jersey, with duct tape over the name in the back, and sharpied over it:

Coming Soon
Hopefully!

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Off Topic a Bit:

Spotted at the Yard House at Westgate - a 9er fan wearing a Crabtree #15 jersey, with duct tape over the name in the back, and sharpied over it:
:lol:
There is going to be a lot of 49er fans burning/throwing away Crabtree jersey.
Sad thing his jersey was the #20 selling jersey amongst NFL players.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
:lol:
There is going to be a lot of 49er fans burning/throwing away Crabtree jersey.
Sad thing his jersey was the #20 selling jersey amongst NFL players.

Truth.

Saw at Just Sports at Westgate a whole rack of them. Was telling my 9er buddy to buy one before they're all gone :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05