2009 San Francisco 49ers "Season" thread!!

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Truth.

Saw at Just Sports at Westgate a whole rack of them. Was telling my 9er buddy to buy one before they're all gone :)
:)Your friend better hurry.....the Niners are starting to pull money from the contract offer....Crabtree isn't going to like that.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
They really should wait until the rookie has signed with the team to start making the jerseys.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Receiver Brandon Jones will resume practicing this week after fracturing his shoulder blade early in training camp. The initial prognosis was that Jones would return in October. But he said he used that date as motivation. "I told them that I was going to get healthy fast and do all that I can to get back," he said. Asked about whether he'd be able to play in Sunday's game against Seattle, Jones said that if he practices he figures he'll be ready to play. "I'm working to play - I always want to play," he said. "I miss games."
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblog...t-harris-ill-1.html?mi_rss=49ers Blog and Q&A

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
49ers ready to honor DeBartolo for his ‘acts of kindness

Brian Billick, who began his career as a lowly 49ers public relations assistant in 1978, visited practice today and told a short story that went a long way toward explaining why Eddie DeBartolo Jr. is going into the 49ers Hall of Fame this weekend.
During his second year on the job, Billick got married and trying to scrape up enough money to buy a house. He and his wife liked a place in San Mateo but couldn’t get enough for a down payment.
Suddenly, without warning, another 49ers employee handed Billick a check for $25,000. It was a special delivery from DeBartolo.
“Eddie D. wants you to get that house,’’ Billick was told.

The loan to Billick came without strings. Every time Billick inquired about how to pay back
DeBartolo, the answer was something along the lines of “Don’t worry. It’ll work out.” That didn’t change even when Billick left for another job.
Billick, who will be part of the Fox broadcast team this weekend, said he eventually did pay back the 49ers boss. He forgets how long it took, but he’ll never how DeBartolo dropped a check in his lap for $25,000.
“You remember those acts of kindness,’’ he said.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/...-to-honor-debartolo-for-his-acts-of-kindness/

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gore is a beast
Nate Clements is a stud (Really liking this set of Cornerback's)
The offense needs work....still
The defense is coming along nicely.
Big Game this Sunday!

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The #26 offense (SF) and #27 (Minnesota) offense meet this sunday!!
Gore Vs Peterson!!
Woohoo!!

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
What's the spread?

The two defense's will cancel out and Minny's offense will tip the scales in the Vike's favor.

Prediction:
San Francisco : 13
Minnesota: 27

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is a word for a team that serves as a discipline example for all the rest. Wimps. A collection of wimps. So that is the background to the 49ers’ tampering action against the Jets. It is a sign the wimp is pushing back. It is a sign the wimp, in fact, doesn’t want to be a wimp anymore and refuses to get bullied by the Jets, by the commissioner, by anyone.
You must understand the Crabtree camp has perceived the 49ers as wimps all along. They never would have pulled this holdout stuff with the Cowboys or Patriots, no way. But they perceived McCloughan and his minions as malleable, assumed they would blink and finally wimp out.
It is to the 49ers’ credit they haven’t caved. No one who cares about the team wants them to give into Crabtree and his greedy — yes, greedy — agent.
Final point: Singletary is having a positive influence on McCloughan, and here’s how. When you listen to Singletary you realize he emphasizes the same thing over and over again: No one will push the Niners around on the field. The Niners will be tougher than every team they face. It may take time for this toughness to reveal itself, but reveal itself it will, as it did in the first two games.
In other words, his team will not be wimps and certainly won’t take crap from anyone.
McCloughan is doing the same thing in the front office, taking his cue from the team on the field. He’s ordered Crabtree to sit in the corner and ponder the meaning of his life, and he’s told the Jets not so fast. The wimp fights back.
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...TS09?Title=McCloughan-tired-of-being-the-wimp
:thewave:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gore Named NFC Offensive Player of the Week
http://www.49ers.com/news-and-event...the-Week/5fc7c750-074d-4032-9bbc-53f7bbc9e499
Other Gore Notables from the day

• Gore rushed for 126 yards on 11 carries and one touchdown in the first half. It was the first time that Gore rushed for over 100 yards in the first half since 12/10/06 vs. Green Bay (106 yards on 9 carries).

• Sunday marked Gore’s 16th career 100-yard rushing performance, which is tied for 2nd in team history, and his 7th career game with two rushing touchdowns.

• Gore became the first player in franchise history to have two runs of 79 yards-or-more in one game.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
<H1 class=m5b>49ers CB Clements rebounds from rough preseason
</H1>
"It's as good as I've seen him play," one team insider said. "He is so quick to recognize things in the cover-2. He comes off receivers so fast and offers just outstanding run support. He did a great job holding (Cardinals star WR) Larry Fitzgerald in check in the first game, and against Seattle (six tackles, four pass breakups) he really only allowed two catches."

Clements acknowledged his preseason funk in a conversation with PFW four days before the Niners' Week Three visit to Minnesota
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/09/24/49ers-cb-clements-rebounds-from-rough-preseason

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Members of the team apparently are saying they don't really care if Crabtree ever decides to take the current contract offer or not, according to ProFootballTalk. Clearly, these guys are feeling sassy with a 2-0 record that puts them atop the NFC West.
Rumor has it that Crabtree nearly decided to just throw in the towel on his holdout when the 49ers unexpectedly beat the Arizona Cardinals in Week One, but he's been convinced to stick with it and try to get more cash or wait till the draft next summer.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Holdout-Crabtree-nearly-caved-to-49ers-?urn=nfl,192062

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Members of the team apparently are saying they don't really care if Crabtree ever decides to take the current contract offer or not, according to ProFootballTalk. Clearly, these guys are feeling sassy with a 2-0 record that puts them atop the NFC West.
Rumor has it that Crabtree nearly decided to just throw in the towel on his holdout when the 49ers unexpectedly beat the Arizona Cardinals in Week One, but he's been convinced to stick with it and try to get more cash or wait till the draft next summer.

Idiot. He's going to drop like a rock in the next draft (unless the Raiders have another Al Davis moment), and will be lucky to get half of what the 9ers offer.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Idiot. He's going to drop like a rock in the next draft (unless the Raiders have another Al Davis moment), and will be lucky to get half of what the 9ers offer.
I really want to believe this, but there is a sick feeling in my stomach that some team is going to pick him in the top 10. Especially, if the Jets and the other team are not penalized for tampering.
I say there is a 5% percent chance that Crabtree will go in the top ten in next years draft.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I really want to believe this, but there is a sick feeling in my stomach that some team is going to pick him in the top 10. Especially, if the Jets and the other team are not penalized for tampering.
I say there is a 5% percent chance that Crabtree will go in the top ten in next years draft.

You have to believe in Karma, my friend. If he goes lower, he'll have a good season and be a solid player. If he goes too high, the Football Gods will confer "Bust" status upon his pointy anointed head. :D