2010-2011 season thread

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great win (2-0) over the Avs, although I couldn't watch. So, fantastic job by LaBarbera and team for the shutout on the road against a solid offensive team!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice comeback win on the road against the Blues tonight.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes down 3-2 entering the third period and score twice to beat the Blue Jackets 4-3 to win their second game in two days.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great third period from the Coyotes as they beat the streaking Leafs 5-1 at home. Leading 1-0 going into the third, they rally behind a cheap shot to Jovo (didn't return) to put up 4 goals in the 3rd. Bryz missed a shutout by a few minutes on a busted/confused defensive play by OEL, who otherwise played very well. Nice job by the Yotes - currently in 4th place in the conference trailing Dallas by 4 pts for 3rd.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes beat the Ducks 6-2 and have now won four in a row!

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coyotes beat the Ducks 6-2 and have now won four in a row!

First home win against the Ducks. That was a big psychological hurdle.

Combined with the new owner saying the deal should be closed in the next month. Awesome night for the Yotes.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First home win against the Ducks. That was a big psychological hurdle.

Combined with the new owner saying the deal should be closed in the next month. Awesome night for the Yotes.

Plus he is going to spend more money, something the Suns, Diamondbacks and Cardinals don't do. I hope people start jumping on the Coyotes bandwagon again because they deserve to play in front of a packed arena.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus he is going to spend more money, something the Suns, Diamondbacks and Cardinals don't do. I hope people start jumping on the Coyotes bandwagon again because they deserve to play in front of a packed arena.

Yeah I said on the Suns board back in November that the Coyotes, not the Suns were the best team in the valley and I was scoffed at.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Coyotes game starting now against the Sharks. I don't know how to spell the howl....
Aaaa-aaaw aaarrrroooohh! ( I tried:) )

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes game starting now against the Sharks. I don't know how to spell the howl....
Aaaa-aaaw aaarrrroooohh! ( I tried:) )

San Jose ends the winning streak, beating the Coyotes 4-2. Coyotes get the chance to start another winning streak tomorrow against the Predators.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Coyotes get outworked again, at home, to a team below them in the standings. Lose 5-2 to the Preds and switch places with them, and give up a hat trick to JP Dumont. Ugly game, where again opportunities are missed wide of the net and the opposition takes advantage.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yotes win 2-0 in LA behind strong tending by Bryz. Nice to see Stempniak score. Coyotes were badly outshot, but the score is what counts in the end. Too many injuries I think has the team scrambling a little with line combos and chemistry.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very bad loss last night at home against a bad Olier team. The Coyotes need to start winning at home, especially against teams they should be beating or else they won't make the playoffs.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Coyotes are definitely a team that is unpredictable. One day after losing at home to Edmonton, they go to Colorado and win 5-2.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bad loss in San Jose. Up 3-0 with 7 seconds to go in second period, and lose 5-3 (empty net at end). The Yotes absolutely dominated the first two periods - then disappeared. Started with a lazy clear attempt/turnover by Jovo with 1 minute remaining in second, which forced a penalty. And then it was all downhill from there. The Sharks pulled their goaltender after 3-0, and the Yotes only put 9 shots on the rookie (first NHL game) for a period and a half. Tough one to swallow. They have a chance to fix the mistakes tonight, but it is at home (ugh) against the Nucks (double ugh).

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bad loss in San Jose. Up 3-0 with 7 seconds to go in second period, and lose 5-3 (empty net at end). The Yotes absolutely dominated the first two periods - then disappeared. Started with a lazy clear attempt/turnover by Jovo with 1 minute remaining in second, which forced a penalty. And then it was all downhill from there. The Sharks pulled their goaltender after 3-0, and the Yotes only put 9 shots on the rookie (first NHL game) for a period and a half. Tough one to swallow. They have a chance to fix the mistakes tonight, but it is at home (ugh) against the Nucks (double ugh).

That was a horrible loss. You can't lose when you're up 3-0. It looks like the team is having a hangover because they are down 3-0 to Vancouver in the second period tonight.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I feel bad for the Coyotes fans that wasted time/money at the arena tonight. 6-0 loss to the Canucks - and it wasn't that close. Sloppy play. 80 minutes of pee-wee hockey when combined with last night. We all know that the Coyotes don't have near the talent level of most other teams, and that's okay as a fan. But when they are lazy and stupid it makes me wonder why I put any effort into them at all. The Canucks fans in attendance - looked like the majority there tonight - got a great show from the their NHL-leading team.

The Coyotes definitely can, and must, play better if they hope to return to the playoffs. They aren't catching anyone by surprise this season. Here's to hoping...

Last edited:

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Much better effort by the Yotes and a 1-0 victory over the Wild at the Jobing.com. You could see them making a better effort in the defensive and neutral zones. Backstrom is tough but Pyatt beat him on an outstanding play by Lepisto for the only tally of the night.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Coyotes are back to the hardworking pack they need to be, and it showed with a 3-0 victory over the Avalanche. Congrats to Bryz and the team for two straight shutouts, and at home no less.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes go to Dallas and win in overtime as Vrbata scores the game winner. They are only one point behind the Stars.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That move by Vrbata on the game-winner was sweet! Coyotes fought back from a one-goal deficit twice. Was great to see the resolve. The second goal by Dallas probably shouldn't have been allowed - Bryz was run over and knocked down to the ice and the puck did not definitively cross the line - but the Yotes galvanized and fought back to tie/win it.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
6 points separate the entire pacific division - all 5 teams are in playoff consideration (LA is the only one looking in with the "if today" scenario)

western conference is tight, but the pacific is just insane

should make for a fun finish

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes beat the Blackhawks in a shootout.

Nice to finally see them winning the overtime/shootout games like they did last year. Coming up soon is a hell of a road trip.