2012-2013 NBA Prospects thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, I have been wholly unimpressed with McLemore in this tournament and the Big 12 tourney. I'd hope that a top three pick shines the brightest when the lights go on in the post-season and he's been a shrinking violet so far.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man, I have been wholly unimpressed with McLemore in this tournament and the Big 12 tourney. I'd hope that a top three pick shines the brightest when the lights go on in the post-season and he's been a shrinking violet so far.

I agree totally. I almost hope we don't get the first pick bc we will feel obligated to pick Noel or McLemore. Both have high potential to be busts. I still want Oladipo. He might not be a star but he will be a consistent productive player.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I agree totally. I almost hope we don't get the first pick bc we will feel obligated to pick Noel or McLemore. Both have high potential to be busts. I still want Oladipo. He might not be a star but he will be a consistent productive player.

I like Oladipo, but I think I'm officially on the Marcus Smart bandwagon. I think he and Dragic can play together, and Smart will turn into James Harden.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Didn't James Harden play horribly in the tournament a few years ago? Still ended up being a top 3 pick and is now a superstar player.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Didn't James Harden play horribly in the tournament a few years ago? Still ended up being a top 3 pick and is now a superstar player.

He had the flu pretty bad if I recall, so at least there was a reason.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I just can't get over his shooting percentage, 40% from the field?! That's really bad and I don't expect it to improve at the next level.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

first time i've really watch a college game was sunday, i was like...this is the guy that all the buzz is about??

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Oladipo, but I think I'm officially on the Marcus Smart bandwagon. I think he and Dragic can play together, and Smart will turn into James Harden.

Smart is nowhere near to Harden's dribbling and playmaking abilities in college.

Not to mention their shooting. Harden was bigger and more athletic too.

Smart is just far away from Harden, and I mean from Harden, the college player.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can't get over his shooting percentage, 40% from the field?! That's really bad and I don't expect it to improve at the next level.

Me too. I like Smart but he seems like he's too bulked up and that's why he can't shoot. he's built like a LB.

It's tough to imagine him playing the 2 in the NBA with his shooting, and he's likely not able to guard 1's.

But a very good player at the college level.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Me too. I like Smart but he seems like he's too bulked up and that's why he can't shoot. he's built like a LB.

It's tough to imagine him playing the 2 in the NBA with his shooting, and he's likely not able to guard 1's.

But a very good player at the college level.

He is actually a very good defender. His drive and desire to get better is apparently unmatched, so I am sure his shooting will improve. Porter was a really bad shooter his first year in college. This year his shooting was very good. Smart will get there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He struggled, but he didn't play scared like McLemore looks. Not saying he'll be a bust. I like his game... I've just been shocked by how much he's allowed himself to be a complete non factor. but in all honesty, I completely whiffed on Harden also. i never saw him becoming the superman version of Manu that he's become while watching him in college. kid's got serious game.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
He struggled, but he didn't play scared like McLemore looks. Not saying he'll be a bust. I like his game... I've just been shocked by how much he's allowed himself to be a complete non factor.

He's the new guy on a team stacked with Seniors. I'd rather he gets that passiveness out of the way now, and frankly- I'd rather take his passiveness over someone like Bazz. Having said all that, I am a bit worried that he's gonna end up having a Boris Diaw syndrome.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is actually a very good defender. His drive and desire to get better is apparently unmatched, so I am sure his shooting will improve. Porter was a really bad shooter his first year in college. This year his shooting was very good. Smart will get there.

Some players are able.to improve their shooting, some can't. I want to actually see it before I assume it. I am not a buyer on Marcus Smart.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Some players are able.to improve their shooting, some can't. I want to actually see it before I assume it. I am not a buyer on Marcus Smart.

Well, sure- I'd like to see it too. I would like to draft someone like Tim Duncan- a completely developed player, but that's not going to happen. If you are looking for a fully developed player in this draft, you're going to be disappointed.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I think Marcus Smart is a PG really. But he is not that athletic and a low percentage shooter right now. Who knows how he would develop... maybe he turns into Tyreke Evans, maybe he turns into Marcus Banks, maybe he turns into Deron Williams... not sure Marcus Smart could develop in any direction.

I would not take him over McLemore, Noel or still Muhammad and probably Porter.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cody Zeller dropping tonight 2-10 with 6 of his shots deflected or blocked. He's showing why those short arms concern scouts.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Oh god no, not short arms. You can't be an NBA center with short arms. I'm pretty sure I remember someone on this board making that point 50,000 times during the Jake Voskuhl era, and for it to be repeated that much, it must be true.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh god no, not short arms. You can't be an NBA center with short arms. I'm pretty sure I remember someone on this board making that point 50,000 times during the Jake Voskuhl era, and for it to be repeated that much, it must be true.

I think short armed power forwards fit in the same category.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zeller was exposed tonight vs Syracuse. Oladipo was his typical consistent efficient self in the loss. He is going to be on of those great players in the NBA that helps you on so many levels. He will be a career starter. But he is not a number one offensive option--at least not right now. The number one offensive option on IU is Zeller, and he was dominated all night by that 2-3 zone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake