2012-2013 NBA Prospects thread

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd stay away from Noel too. Not that I don't think he will become a pretty good player but because I don't think it will happen soon enough for whoever drafts him. He's the kind of player that you might want after his rookie contract.

Steve

Chandler, Camby, Jermaine ONeal, etc.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I was the Suns FO right now, I think I would find a way to shut Dragic down for the year. Tendonitis or something.

Let the young guys play, avoid any injuries, angle for the draft.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was the Suns FO right now, I think I would find a way to shut Dragic down for the year. Tendonitis or something.

Sore butt, we have it on video.

Steve

HooverDam

Reaction score

They don't even need to do that, they just need to nail O'Neal, Scola and Gortats benches to the butt. Gortat would be the hardest to do since he's been a full time starter and is a bit of a loud mouth.

But in key situations I want to see the Suns rolling out this lineup:

Dragic
Wes Johnson
Michael Beasley
Markieff Morris
Marcus Morris

If thats not enough to get us some ping pong balls, nothing is. They're all young, so you can say you're 'developing' them and thats just fine.

This winning 3 games in a row nonsense has got to stop.

A few days ago the Suns were worst in the West and in line to be picking #4 overall, now its 3rd from worst in the West and #7 overall.

Unless the ping pong balls bounce they're way, they may be picking just outside of where a real impact player is available. Which was my #1 fear going into this year, getting guys like O'Neal and especially Scola would help them win just a few too many games. Not enough to sniff the playoffs, but just the right number to really screw us.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you are going to see something happen. The problem has been that they have been winning while giving the young guys extensive minutes--it wasnt supposed to work that way.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Damn we need to loose to get ping pongs. I want a star player this summer.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Look at it this way: Are there any real prospects for the Suns being better next year? Maybe they'll score big in the 2014 lottery.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
They don't even need to do that, they just need to nail O'Neal, Scola and Gortats benches to the butt. Gortat would be the hardest to do since he's been a full time starter and is a bit of a loud mouth.

But in key situations I want to see the Suns rolling out this lineup:

Dragic
Wes Johnson
Michael Beasley
Markieff Morris
Marcus Morris

If thats not enough to get us some ping pong balls, nothing is. They're all young, so you can say you're 'developing' them and thats just fine.
The only drawback is that you're teaching your young players to lose. That sets a lower ceiling for the future, even if it gains you a go-to man.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McLemore scores 36 today against WV. He sure has an effortless looking jumper, way beyond the NBA 3.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cavs waived Josh Selby today. He had some solid D-league and summer league numbers. This is pretty surprising because he has a lot of talent. I haven;t hear or read about him having issues. I hope we try to claim him unless there is something wrong with him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The Cavs waived Josh Selby today. He had some solid D-league and summer league numbers. This is pretty surprising because he has a lot of talent. I haven;t hear or read about him having issues. I hope we try to claim him unless there is something wrong with him.
He was one of the best players in summer league. We better at least take a look at him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wonder why they let him go. He played on the same HS team as Victor Oladipo.

Last edited:

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Look at it this way: Are there any real prospects for the Suns being better next year? Maybe they'll score big in the 2014 lottery.

I would love to get Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins.

Parker was the national player of the year as a junior, and Wiggins saved humanity by wiping out a race of insectoid aliens. Or maybe that was Andrew "Ender" Wiggin. Either way, Wiggins is supposed to be amazing as well.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Victor Oladipo interests me , I love his one v. one defense. Can also score in the paint as is very tough to stop once he gets inside. Only problem is he's not a good create his own shot type of player which the Suns have desperately needed for a while now.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to get Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins.

Parker was the national player of the year as a junior, and Wiggins saved humanity by wiping out a race of insectoid aliens. Or maybe that was Andrew "Ender" Wiggin. Either way, Wiggins is supposed to be amazing as well.

Yeah, I think that might be the wrong Andrew. Great book but Ender was a little small for basketball. I could see us being bad enough to get Parker or Not-the-Ender Wiggins if we went forward with what we have but I have to think they are going to try and fast forward the re-build.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Victor Oladipo interests me , I love his one v. one defense. Can also score in the paint as is very tough to stop once he gets inside. Only problem is he's not a good create his own shot type of player which the Suns have desperately needed for a while now.

Obviously, his defense is the real reason he's a top pick but I like the fact that his scoring goes up considerably against the better teams.

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It might not be the greatest draft but there is no point in scraping out worthless wins right now.
I'm still torn. Gortat and Scola could handle an atmosphere of "we're playing to lose" (not that Gortat is handling it very well) a lot better than Marshall and Johnson and even Dragic as part of their development.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm still torn. Gortat and Scola could handle an atmosphere of "we're playing to lose" (not that Gortat is handling it very well) a lot better than Marshall and Johnson and even Dragic as part of their development.

Plenty of teams have tanked and not seen the effects carry over into the next year. The Warriors tanked as shamelessly as any team in recent memory last year over their final 20 games, throwing out a starting lineup that featured 3 guys who are not even rotation players this year, one is out of the league entirely. This year they're having one of their best seasons in recent memory.

And I dont think we need to do anything to slow Marshall or any other young players development. We just dont need to play Scola and Jermaine O'Neal (who shouldnt even be on the roster right now) anymore. That would be enough to bottom us out.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How disappointing would it be if Noel turned out to be the next Javele Mcgee (who's a clown and will probably not reach his potential,imo) or the next Tryus Thomas?
Really hope that Noel stays in school to work on the things he needs to improve on.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody that is still high on Shabazz needs to watch the WSU loss.

Unreal, 4-19, he literally shot everytime he touched the ball. 3 of the first 4 baskets of the game were layups where he lost his man on a back cut or didn't help. He was constantly leaking out on the break meanwhile WSU outrebounded UCLA 43-20, maybe if your 3 is rebounding that doesn't happen?

At one point he didn't help on a drive by Brock Motum and 3 Bruins were yelling at him, it was funny the look on his face was like what I'm just here to score you guys handle the defense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake