2014 Draft morphing

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Interesting pick. I was hoping for James Young from Kentucky. Doesn't seem like a horrible pick, but thought we could grab him at #18 for sure. Looks like a pretty good scorer, not as quick as Young IMO.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Would have liked Kyle Anderson more than Warren but we'll see.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There goes Payne. Now it's Young, Harris or bust for me at 18. Maybe trade for a future pick or stash a Euro big. Stay away from the Hood, now that we have Warren.

Steve

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the pick! Warren is a steal IMO

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A Pbit's got to do what a Pbit's got to do. So tell us why you love the pick. I think he gives us a player that can score when the pressure is on but I think he also signals the end of Tucker. Not that I'm surprised.

Steve

Interesting that you mention Tucker cause I was just thinking of Warren's weaknesses kinda remind me of Tucker from 2 years ago...bad shooter and no athleticism.

Of course Warren's got way more scoring ability and Tucker's a way better defender/rebounder.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Should be plenty of shooters to chose from at 18, or maybe the Suns go draft and stash with Capela.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would have liked Kyle Anderson more than Warren but we'll see.

He was too slow to play the point in high school, too slow to play the point in college and he'll be too slow to play the point in the pros. I wouldn't bet against him though. Unless you're going to move him to the power forward spot, then I'll bet against him.

Steve

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Interesting that you mention Tucker cause I was just thinking of Warren's weaknesses kinda remind me of Tucker from 2 years ago...bad shooter and no athleticism.

Of course Warren's got way more scoring ability and Tucker's a way better defender/rebounder.

He may not be an explosive athlete but to say he has no athleticism is absurd.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still think Jahii Carson should have been the number 1 pick!!! JK

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this isn't Gary Harris I'll be very disappointed. I know he measured a bit shorter than anticipated but he's a two way player that will have a long career. Let is be with us.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone is thinking shooter but could the Suns draft a PG?

HooverDam

Reaction score
So it seems like its going to be Rodney Hood or Garry Harris at 18 depending on what Boston does...right?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was too slow to play the point in high school, too slow to play the point in college and he'll be too slow to play the point in the pros. I wouldn't bet against him though. Unless you're going to move him to the power forward spot, then I'll bet against him.

Steve

He lost one game in his HS career so he couldn't have been too slow.

He can't guard anybody but he can run an offense and pass the ball with the best of them.

Have to laugh at Zach, it sure looked like he said "bleep me" when they announced Minnesota picked him. Kid really needs some humility and maturity

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He may not be an explosive athlete but to say he has no athleticism is absurd.

When I say no athleticism, I mean he isn't athletic compared to the usual NBA standards.

I'm sure he's more athletic than me or anyone on the forum, I'm talking about strictly from the NBA standpoint.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Steve

I was actually thinking about converting him to SF. He's a playmaker and we need that on this team since we were last in assists and such.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake