2014 Draft morphing

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed your irony in the first post I agree he just finds a way.

I've watched all the pre-draft shows and I can no longer remember who suggested this but the idea of Anderson to OKC came up. He really would be a perfect fit there. Maybe he won't excel everywhere but they could cover for him defensively and if any team needs a pure facilitator, it's the Thunder.

Steve

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I came into this draft so excited and now I'm just angry. Tyler Ennis? Yeah that's what this team needs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well with 2 picks in the teens I would think the Suns would swing for a high upside pick.

Instead they took low ceiling / high floor need picks.

Agreed. Not crazy about low ceiling guys in a draft this loaded.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ennis supposedly has drawn comparisons to Kendall Marshall.

Lmao.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've watched all the pre-draft shows and I can no longer remember who suggested this but the idea of Anderson to OKC came up. He really would be a perfect fit there. Maybe he won't excel everywhere but they could cover for him defensively and if any team needs a pure facilitator, it's the Thunder.

Steve

That's actually where his dad said repeatedly he thought he might go and this was months ago on UCLA boards. The dad apparently knows several people with OKC and Durant is apparently a big fan of Kyle's.

We'll see they have 2 picks, one of the claims was they might take both Kyle and Jordan Adams.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Agreed. Not crazy about low ceiling guys in a draft this loaded.

Arguably they took a low ceiling guy w/ Len last year too. Maybe thats something we're learning about McD, he likes guys he feels are more sure things even if they're not huge upside. Who knows.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I know very little about Ennis, but the announcers compared him to DJ Augustin and Howard Eisley. I would hope he would have at least that much potential since we picked him at #18.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arguably they took a low ceiling guy w/ Len last year too. Maybe thats something we're learning about McD, he likes guys he feels are more sure things even if they're not huge upside. Who knows.

Same thought ran through my head but I already got killed last year for saying that about Len. Didn't need to go through that again.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Raptors picked a Euro guy...ok now it makes even more sense that we swapped with Toronto. Come on, tell me we traded!!

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns are trading Ennis to Toronto for this super raw Brazilian?

HooverDam

Reaction score
Hahha Fran who says nothing but positives about every foreigner says "You're 2 years away from being 2 years away"....thats crazy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can say one thing about Ennis, they worked him out against Russ Smith a street smart type player who I'm sure who was tenacious against him.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So wait even if Bledsoe leaves, does this mean that Goodwin will be in the doghouse again behind Green and Ennis?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Does the Ennis pick signify a trade from a team trying to snatch him from Toronto? We've stayed in place with both our picks, which seems odd..

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can say one thing about Ennis, they worked him out against Russ Smith a street smart type player who I'm sure who was tenacious against him.

I ate him up (-:

Still get friend requests on my FB for the other Russ Smith from sportswriters.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't understand what the plan is. That was the last thing this team needed and I don't think there was anyone on the planet that would say he was the BPA

By the way I hated the Len pick last year

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So wait even if Bledsoe leaves, does this mean that Goodwin will be in the doghouse again behind Green and Ennis?

Why wouldn't Goodwin back up Green in a more traditional lineup if Bledsoe goes. I think it will give Goodwin more playing time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake