2016-17 Around the NBA

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your post overtly referenced Archie fitting the "timeline", i.e. returning to the Suns. You have most certainly not moved on.

When Tyler Ennis is still getting a contract while Archie has not, doesn't that tell you something?

So Archie takes a couple of years to develop. That would make him 24 years old. Archie may never return to the Suns but he certainly would fit the Suns timeline.

I'm not comparing Ennis to Goodwin. I doubt if Archie develops into a PG.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So Archie takes a couple of years to develop. That would make him 24 years old. Archie may never return to the Suns but he certainly would fit the Suns timeline.

I'm not comparing Ennis to Goodwin. I doubt if Archie develops into a PG.
Point. Missed.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Goodwin is destined to be one of those dudes averaging 40 points a game on a below .500 team in the Chinese league.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I hope Melo stays in NY continuing to carve them up from inside. LOL Knicks. I would rather see the Rockets compete with the Warriors and OKC next playoffs than collapse due to that wasted talent.

I get why we released Goodwin and why he can't stick in the league. Hoping a former (young) Suns player will have an NBA career some time in the future, like PJ Tucker for instance, should not be something you have to quarrel with a guy sitting in a pool for. It is only natural for a fan to root for certain ex players. I always rooted for Barbosa, Nash, Finley, etc. But not Tyler Ennis or Earl the pearl Clark.

Okay so I hoped Earl would do well in LaLa land. So sue me.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I hope Melo stays in NY continuing to carve them up from inside. LOL Knicks. I would rather see the Rockets compete with the Warriors and OKC next playoffs than collapse due to that wasted talent.

I get why we released Goodwin and why he can't stick in the league. Hoping a former (young) Suns player will have an NBA career some time in the future, like PJ Tucker for instance, should not be something you have to quarrel with a guy sitting in a pool for. It is only natural for a fan to root for certain ex players. I always rooted for Barbosa, Nash, Finley, etc. But not Tyler Ennis or Earl the pearl Clark.

Okay so I hoped Earl would do well in LaLa land. So sue me.

I root for all of our ex-players, even Ennis and Earl Clark, and I keep tabs on them. Ooops, not all - I don't root for the Morris brothers or Michael Beasley.

I've been keeping track of Goodwin and I have to say that if he'd played as well for us as he showed in his short stints with the Pels and Brooklyn, he'd have been a keeper. It could be that the shortness of the stints was crucial - he might be able to keep his worst instincts in check only for brief periods of time.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I root for all of our ex-players, even Ennis and Earl Clark, and I keep tabs on them. Ooops, not all - I don't root for the Morris brothers or Michael Beasley.

Add Kendall Marshall to that list of ex players that I root against. Not a fan of any of those but almost of the other players I keep track of.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add Kendall Marshall to that list of ex players that I root against. Not a fan of any of those but almost of the other players I keep track of.

Why bother rooting against a scrub like that? It wasn't his fault he was drafted too high by the Suns.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a turd. I'm sure Knicks fans are happy he's at peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is playing his leverage. Trade me to the Rockets or I will just show up and play for you.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope neither Carmelo or Kyrie are not traded unless it somehow benefits the Suns in a third or fourth party trade.

Let those players and teams squirm. :cool:

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was in college I ended up managing a Little Caesars. It wasn't a big accomplishment. I just showed up for work everyday and didn't get caught doing something heinous at work.

Anyway, doing that I learned that the dough is made fresh daily. The cheese is grated from different cheeses daily. The sauce is mixed daily.

Basically everything is done in house and fresh. And despite that, they charge the cheapest for pizza and still make plenty of profit.

Its a company I am happy to have worked for as a kid

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05