2017-2018 Draft Prospects watch.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
My guess is that if he starts at PG and plays 30 minutes per night, he'll average 15-17 points, 4-5 rebounds, 8-10 assists, and shoot about 45/30/80 in his rookie year. He'll also turn it over 3-4 times per game, at least in the beginning.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rebounds: 6.9 - UNDER
Assists: 7.2 - UNDER
FG%: 36% - OVER
3PointFG%: 30.5% - SAME
FT: 45.1% - OVER

Not familiar enough with these stats
eFG%: 44% -
PER: 12.5
WS: 1.9

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is that if he starts at PG and plays 30 minutes per night, he'll average 15-17 points, 4-5 rebounds, 8-10 assists, and shoot about 45/30/80 in his rookie year. He'll also turn it over 3-4 times per game, at least in the beginning.

I would take the under on all of those except rebounds, but mostly under.

Speaking of those stats, it reminded me of another one of your projections I disagreed wild with. Stefan... don't you owe me some kind of bet we made eons ago about Dragic would end up averaging 23 pp. and 10 assists with the Heat?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure I follow. Do you mean at his level in general, or a particular area? Nobody said Doncic would be a better overall player than Booker. That said, he is a far better passer right now.

Let me be the first to say that I think Doncic would be a better overall player than Booker. I think Booker would be the better shooter but I feel Doncic would surpass him in most other areas while still putting up respectable shooting numbers.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I would take the under on all of those except rebounds, but mostly under.

Speaking of those stats, it reminded me of another one of your projections I disagreed wild with. Stefan... don't you owe me some kind of bet we made eons ago about Dragic would end up averaging 23 pp. and 10 assists with the Heat?

Eh, probably. Hell, I remember when they drafter Dragic I said he would never be an NBA player at all. So I have been wrong both ways. I don't claim to know any more than you or anyone else. We are all guessing. I just admit that I am guessing up front.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Let me be the first to say that I think Doncic would be a better overall player than Booker. I think Booker would be the better shooter but I feel Doncic would surpass him in most other areas while still putting up respectable shooting numbers.

From your mouth to God's ear, especially if the Suns draft him.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would love to see Doncic and Booker in the backcourt together. That would be really entertaining to watch. Still don't know what that would look like defensively, but on offense, that would be amazing to watch. Another thing about Doncic is that he loves to run, and he is deadly in the open court.

I agree with this. Defensively it would be a struggle but I think it's worse having a bad defensive frontcourt than backcourt.

I would LOVE to get Doncic AND Bamba. To me that would be the ideal draft.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I can see that, but my guess would be under 8 assists as a rookie. In his rookie year I would guess 6-8 assists, but everything else I could see likely happening.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Hahahahahahaha the Great White hype, I would love to make a bet witg this and say he will be at exactly half of this

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let's say for whatever reason we ended up with Doncic.

Is there a legit trade package we could do and try to get Bamba?

I thought Bender or Chriss plus picks. I'd give the the Heat pick plus the Milwaukee pick but I don't think it's still enough. Part of me thought Warren wouldn't be as necessary (if we got Doncic) and could be worked in a deal.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I thought Bender or Chriss plus picks. I'd give the the Heat pick plus the Milwaukee pick but I don't think it's still enough. Part of me thought Warren wouldn't be as necessary (if we got Doncic) and could be worked in a deal.

Maybe if he slips? I don't think we have what it takes to get back into the top 5, but maybe 7 or 8 if things fall the right way.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Hahahhahahaa you guys are ovwrhyping this dude so hard. This is the great White hype lol, if the guy was darker he would be compared to Livingston and Walt Williams, a less athletic and soft Euro version lol

He is a lighter version of Ball with out as good of shot, rebounding and less athleticism. Only plus is he has no Lavar Ball hahahaha

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe if he slips? I don't think we have what it takes to get back into the top 5, but maybe 7 or 8 if things fall the right way.

Yeah but I do think we could still pull it off if we threw the farm at Bamba...but would we? He's still a project.

But we have..

Two Miami picks
Bucks pick
Two second rounders...one of them very high
All our own picks.

Then Bender and Chriss...one of them is easily expendable.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hahahhahahaa you guys are ovwrhyping this dude so hard. This is the great White hype lol, if the guy was darker he would be compared to Livingston and Walt Williams, a less athletic and soft Euro version lol

He is a lighter version of Ball with out as good of shot, rebounding and less athleticism. Only plus is he has no Lavar Ball hahahaha

But what else is Booker good at besides shooting the ball?? Doncic is probably better at most other things even now...except defense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that would give him as good or better rookie seasons than Chris Paul, Penny Hardaway, Derrick Rose, Dwayne Wade. You really think he's going to be that good, right off the bat? Don't you think that just youth and adjusting to the NBA game would hold him back a little? Averaging the above off the bat says he'll be a star immediately. Not a superstar, but a star.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
But what else is Booker good at besides shooting the ball?? Doncic is probably better at most other things even now...except defense.

LOL you cant compare there game into Doncic has even stepped foot on a NBA floor. Booker

Lol your comparing Bookers concrete NBA numbers and abilities, to a guy who hasnt even shown he can translate to the NBA and not only comparing claiming he is better than in all said skills besides shooting LOL.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
that would give him as good or better rookie seasons than Chris Paul, Penny Hardaway, Derrick Rose, Dwayne Wade. You really think he's going to be that good, right off the bat? Don't you think that just youth and adjusting to the NBA game would hold him back a little? Averaging the above off the bat says he'll be a star immediately. Not a superstar, but a star.

So, without looking it up, I am going to say that it's unfair to compare different eras. Wade and Paul entered the league when a scoring averages were much lower and pace was much slower. Penny may be old enough that his rookie season was right before the game slowed down. Rose may be young enough to have been a rookie when the game started being faster. Regardless, I think comparing rookie seasons from different eras is not simple.

One thing I like about Doncic is that he has no fear. He is used to playing against older/ better competition. I also think that people underestimate just how good of a passer he is. Hell, people underestimate just how good he is right now in general. Mind you, I'd still take Ayton over him, but that kid is good and he can flat-out play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, without looking it up, I am going to say that it's unfair to compare different eras. Wade and Paul entered the league when a scoring averages were much lower and pace was much slower. Penny may be old enough that his rookie season was right before the game slowed down. Rose may be young enough to have been a rookie when the game started being faster. Regardless, I think comparing rookie seasons from different eras is not simple.

they literally all average almost the exact same stats... no matter the era.

But, okay... I'll compare it to right in this moment's era... do you think he's going to put up the same stats of Ben Simmons, save a rebound or two?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
they literally all average almost the exact same stats... no matter the era.

But, okay... I'll compare it to right in this moment's era... do you think he's going to put up the same stats of Ben Simmons, save a rebound or two?

I think he could. That's assuming he plays as many minutes, and plays the primary ball handler, of course.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Is there a chance that a Head Coach is named before the draft? A Head Coach's skills and preferences should be taken into account in filling out the roster.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Is there a chance that a Head Coach is named before the draft? A Head Coach's skills and preferences should be taken into account in filling out the roster.
I think there is a strong chance of that. They technically started their search a couple weeks ago and I imagine they will start doing interviews very soon after the season ends.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There were some reports that said that they'd name their head coach before the end of April. We'll see if that happens but that would be interesting. I'd like for them to be thorough with their search but if they're not looking to promote an assistant from a playoff team then there is no reason they can't finish their search before April is over.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes there is. If Cleveland stays at 7 and Lebron is leaving then that team goes full rebuild. Warren / Chris / and both Miami picks would get it done.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes there is. If Cleveland stays at 7 and Lebron is leaving then that team goes full rebuild. Warren / Chris / and both Miami picks would get it done.

Interesting. Yeah that is a plausable scenario. In some ways it seems like a lot to give but affordable and realistic.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

See when you post like this it is difficult to take your opinions seriously.

#1. "the great white"

His skin color has nothing to do with the fact that his age 19 numbers in the Euro league have never been duplicated. He is basically better than anyone who has ever played outside of America at his age.

So I am not sure if it is jingoism (american exceptionalism!) or just focusing on how much melanin someone has (sorry if that is your thing), but the kid deserves to be judged on his accomplishments and not his country / skin color.

#2. Hype

His draft status is based on scouts opinions and well as current NBA players who have played with and against him. He has been heavily scouted already by many NBA teams and executives.

That is not hype. That is discussing a player who absolutely will be in the discussion where we are drafting and depending on the lottery could easily be our pick.

#3. soft euro

You continue to call him soft but nothing about his game suggests that. He is a relentless driver to the basket and wants the ball in high pressure situations. These are the opposite of soft. He is no more soft than his Euro teammate Dragic is. White or European doesn't equal soft.

#4. Tone and maturity.

There are 5 versions of laughing in your post. There are 3 references to skin color.

You owe it to yourself to be better than this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser